The online racing simulator
LFS Development - Question Basket
This should be the support topic for the main one >> Here

Please follow one simple rule:

Please post here any question you'd like to ask the Devs' Team, regarding LFS, its past/current/future state. No other “spam”, just one post, one question (any post not containing a question should be deleted and I hope moderators could support me on that). From time to time, we will hopefully get answers in the main topic.

Thank you.
#2 - Sobis
Quote from http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/About_LFS :Sometime in 1999: Working on Lionhead's Black & White, Scawen starts to write a small stunt simulator with mouse steering in his free time

Is there any chanse You (Scawen) still have this stunt simulator and if you do, is there any way to download and try it?
Will be updated s2 content on the part of the 3d model of the car? There are mistakes in the models.
I really mean this in a non-provocative way: do you still have faith in this community ?
#5 - col
Ok, here are a couple of sensible serious question for the devs:

Is there a target for minimum system spec for the next release?

What modern cpu features - if any - might the next release take advantage of that the current version does not?
Can you give an end to extracting the original setup from LFSWorld hotlaps?
What has happened to the updated cockpits?
I would like to know what will the performance impact be with the new tyre model.

Will it simulate tyre friction/flexing on a standing car?

How will it handle tyre on tyre contact with openwheelers?

Will smoke generation/simulation change? GTA IV style smoke will be enough for me
If a "Rallye-Mod" comes or is still planed... When it comes?
Can we see screenshots of Eric's unfinshed works?
Quote from breadfan :Will smoke generation/simulation change? GTA IV style smoke will be enough for me

I believe with the new physics the tires also smoke when they're not on the ground. There was some text about it on the main site with a screenshot attached.
Hey devs, why don't you care about PR anymore?
Will the tire heating/cooling/traction be improved?
Since when did the community stop being important?
Will be LFS S3 open for modding?
I don't care when, I'm just intrigued whether or not some rudimentary weather will come to this game? Dynamic track surfaces, simulated rain, snow and freezing rain, and dynamic weather are a list of things that I don't believe are even required yet.
A simple slick surface as if it had "just rained" would even suffice.
Supposing it would be wished, does the current engine allow graphics improvement, or it will mean re-thinking/re-building the engine from zero ?

(not talking about textures improvements as Lynce is doing for example, but improving the lightning / shadows part). Thanks.
Ok I'll try one as well..

In the most recent progress report, you said you were working on several tracks and cars for the S3 release. I'm interested to know if these tracks are real or fictional, and if possible, the type of vehicles you intend to add to the simulation (sports, rally, LMP2, GT3 etc). I don't expect you guys to spoil their names yet but that is something I look forward to in the future and I'm sure many would be happy to have a little glimpse of what's cooking. <:-)

Thanks for your time.
Could colaboration with members (like Lynce, for example) be taken into account and made official ? Or even more, get them "on board" sort of saying ?

Thank you for your interest in present topic. I feel I need to make one statement though: This topic is meant nither to bring answers, nor to start endless debates on various subjects (being even about the very existence or future of this thread). Its ONLY purpose is to collect general interest questions regarding LFS developement. WHEN and IF the devs will choose to answer some, it's their and only their decision. What we can do waiting, is keeping it clean and close to its purpose . Please read the "Rules of the game" first. It might help.

Thank you for respecting my original demand, being to post only if you have a question.
IF, by all means, you absolutely have to say something, please do it in a more challenging manner, even to yourself: by writing a question first, like present post .

Counting on you,
Luchian

PS: if you feel like letting me koow about the fact that this is useless, it will never work, ..., please use the PM function. I promise I will read all your opinions and answer you .
I don't give a shit about communication sorry, I am all about what's actually happning in game.

* Westhill update... when?
* RB4 cockpit in more than... uhm 42 pixles?
* Night / day / different moods of racing / weather
* Scirocco?
* Rockingham?
* New tracks in general?
* New cars in general?
* Graphical updates maybe?
* AI that has an IQ above 5
* More detailed damage, both visual and physical
* Tyre physics?
* S3?
* Rallypack?

The list is long of things that would benefit the game, but the thing that realy gets to me: WE NEED MORE TRACKS..NOW! When did we last get a new track, launch of S2 wasn't it? An extra configuration on SO does not count. The open layouts were cool, but still, it's the same tracks.

And why, for love of everything holy, does not the developers use Lynch work as standard? No offence Eric, but Lync have created things that just looks so much better than the original, use that instead since both the author and users would be happy with that.
-
(Mountaindewzilla) DELETED by Mountaindewzilla : Too rude.
Soon to be 10 years anniversary of the LFS ... You'll celebrate it?

The post that I found in the archive

added Fri, Sept. 6th, 2002 3:23 PM
There is a new full version 0.1B!
No patch from version 0.04, you have to get the full version. But there's a nice surprise or two in there... To keep your settings from 0.04 versions you will need to copy over the following files : cfg.txt
data\misc\cfg.sta
data\misc\fkeys.msg
data\misc\drv.nam
data\settings\*.set
Please report any problems you come across, in theory it should be more reliable and has worked well under testing. Hopefully no more ghost players and wierd bugs...
Have fun
Nice question Dmitry .

Could a Moderator please give us a hand, and delete/move the posts not containing a question ? Present one also. Thank you
(no disrespect to fellow posters, just trying to keep it clean and on-topic).
heating blankets will be on the wheels during qualifying?and so, when?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG