The online racing simulator
Fanaleds support for your simracing hardware
Fanaleds is expanding!

As you might have heard, we are working on something big. We are happy with the results so far and think it's time to reveal our work. To serve the biggest possible amount of people in the sim racing community we are working on support for other hardware. Thanks to Leo Bodnar we got the chance to do so. While we were working on this we also decided to support the Logitech G27 to make use of the leds in that wheel.

Because words do no justice, we have made a little video to show you what we are talking about. We hope you are just as excited as we are and can't wait to hear what the community thinks! Check it out now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch? ... mbedded&v=Rft7LglU3bI

See http://fanaleds.com/ for more information

Old Post:
Quote :Fanaleds is an application for the Fanatec steering wheels to display information from games on your Fanatec wheel.

Supported wheels:
  • Clubsport wheel
  • CSR Elite (firmware v737 and higher)
  • CSR (firmware v737 and higher)
  • 911 GT3RS V2 (firmware v739 and higher)
  • 911 GT2 (firmware v742 and higher)
  • 911 Turbo S (firmware v742 and higher)
Not supported:
  • 911 GT3RS V1
  • 911 Turbo (not S)
  • 911 Carrera
Current version: 1.3a

Media:

Pre-release showcase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO1F5T-m-iU
v0.1 showcase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbjWNTxB6YI
My video is on Thomas' blog! http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/8424
Virtualr: http://www.virtualr.net/fanaleds-for-live-for-speed-video

Credits:

Dirk Teurlings

Attached images
DSC05124_lfsf.jpg
Update!

MadcatX is helping me with the programming and there's a big step forward. The LED display ccurrently is able to show the speed of the car! I'm really thrilled it works so far and hope to have some good news soon. I also hope this is just as exciting for all you Fanatec drivers like it is for me. Feel free to contact me if you want to help testing.
Attached images
DSC05146_fb.jpg
Pretty much the whole application is rewritten for better error handling and such. Now also able to display the gears.
Attached images
DSC05148_2.jpg
Got some major updates:

v0.1 initial release
  • Pit limiter
  • Shift lights
  • Low fuel indicator
  • Speed rounding problem solved
  • Wheel and brake pedal rumble when
  • ABS is activated Fake rev leds (for wheels that don't have the real rev leds)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbjWNTxB6YI

All options are fully configurable.

Are you using a Fanatec wheel? Contact me if you're interested beta testing the application.

edit:

My video is on Thomas' blog! http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/8424
#5 - bleco
What are the reasons for not having an open beta? Is there like some sort of NDA regarding the Fanatec SDK? I'm not sure how many people are willing to go through the process of asking you directly for the app. Judging by the viewcount on YouTube people are certainly interested in this...
Quote from MadCatX :What are the reasons for not having an open beta? Is there like some sort of NDA regarding the Fanatec SDK? I'm not sure how many people are willing to go through the process of asking you directly for the app. Judging by the viewcount on YouTube people are certainly interested in this...

Right now I want to know exactly who has the app so it's easier for me to gather feedback and such. Also Fanatec does not want me to spread it everywhere because the SDK is not ready yet.

When the application is more matured and the SDK is fully functioning I will have another round for testers.
can you make this for G27?
Hi! I would like to test your awesome app.

I'm the owner of a Fanatec Porsche 911 Carrera Wheel (firmware version 681) so I don't have the rumble motors in the wheel rim and the pedals.
I'm running LFS 0.6B on Windows 7 SP1 32bit.
@Freddy

Unfortunately for you this wheel isn't supported, has something to do with the chip inside not being fast enough.
Quote from DirkT :@Freddy

Unfortunately for you this wheel isn't supported, has something to do with the chip inside not being fast enough.

Well, I thought it wouldn't be supported... No prob!
Hi,

I just found your Fanaleds in Thomas' blog and would like to betatest.
Running a GT3RSv2 with CSPs I think I can test all the implemented features.

Greetings, buk
Updated the first post with version 0.2 and updated the compatibility list.

Version 0.3 is expected to arrive the 29th of this month. This release will be huge. I can't say much yet so stay tuned!

v0.2 06-06-2012
  • Working revleds
  • Every LFS car's REV settings in the .xml file
  • PS/2 rumble on CSP on GT3RS V2
  • PIT limiter also flashes revleds (just like in real cars)
  • new mode, SPEEDGEAR, showing speed as default, gear on shiftpoint (this is the default mode now)
  • Insim buttons now also working online
  • Initialization text on wheel when launching the application
We are very proud to announce the latest version of Fanaleds. You might have seen or heard about Fanaleds before around Thomas’ blog and/or YouTube. The Fanatec wheel owners amongst us are aware of the LED display on the wheels. However, these displays have never really been used. That’s where Fanaleds comes in. Gerben Bol and Dirk Teurlings have worked on this plugin for the last few months to offer support for the Fanatec displays in multiple games. We started as a plugin only for Live for Speed but since Fanaleds 0.3 we are supporting over 10 titles (!). Please check the list below for a full overview of supported games:
  • Live for Speed
  • F1 2011 (No revled support)
  • DiRT2 (No revled support)
  • DiRT3 (No revled support)
  • DiRT Showdown (No revled support)
  • iRacing
  • rFactor
  • Game Stock Car
  • GTR 2
  • GTR Evolution
  • Race Injection
  • Race 07
  • STCC 2
  • Rigs of Rods (No revled support
Fanaleds is able to show all kinds of information on your Fanatec wheel including speed, fuel and the gear you’re in. But the function that we’re most proud of is the Speedgear mode. This mode combines the best of the speed and gear mode. Mainly your speed is shown until you reach the max RPM. When that happens the display will indicate you have to shift up and shows your gear. Also when you manually shift up or down your current gear will be shown for a short time.

Not only does Fanaleds make your Fanatec wheel come alive but also your Clubsport pedals. You don’t even need a Fanatec wheel for that. As you might know that the Clubsport pedals have a rumble on the brake pedal which simulates the effect you get when locking your wheels while braking. Everything with Fanaleds goes automatically. You only have to start the application and you’re ready to go for most games. The game you’re running will be monitored automatically by Fanaleds so you are not bothered changing a configuration file each time you switch to another game.

Before you try out the latest version of Fanaleds we advise you to check out the 0.3 showcase video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLItRMljawI

Of course we could go on and on about the nice features Fanaleds brings, but at the end of the day you have to find it out for yourself. We therefore have released a new website specifically for Fanaleds. On this website you will find the latest release, answers to your questions and an option to contact us. Feel free to visit http://fanaleds.idrift.nl/ to try Fanaleds out for yourself!
Fanaleds 0.3a just launched:

- Added rFactor2 support (this is NOT the same plugin as rFactor1 !!)
- Added SimRaceWay support
- Added DiRT support
- Added Race Driver GRID support
- Added F1 2010 support
- Added Richard Burns Rally
Hello. New owner of a Fanatec GT3 RS V2. I'm having issues where FanaLEDs is causing issues with FFB. It's continuously trying to jerk the wheel left and right. The LED's work fine... but only if I disable FanaLEDs does the force feedback return to normal. Any suggestions?
Quote from DjFIL :Hello. New owner of a Fanatec GT3 RS V2. I'm having issues where FanaLEDs is causing issues with FFB. It's continuously trying to jerk the wheel left and right. The LED's work fine... but only if I disable FanaLEDs does the force feedback return to normal. Any suggestions?

Did you update your firmware?
That was it... thank you.
Version 1.2 is released.

Changelog:
v1.2
  • Improved hardware change detection
  • Hardware detection now only listens to Game Controllers
  • Bugfix for tray icon not always being removed when exiting FanaLEDs
  • Bugfix for Profile order
  • Bugfix load XML config before game starts
  • Bugfix for exit method, no longer will FanaLEDs keep running after closing
v1.1
  • The big one!! USB Hotplug support. Special thanks to Paul Oppeneer for helping out.
  • Added Automatic updater for new versions of FanaLEDs
  • Added Game Profiles
  • Rewritten rumble detection for games that lack individual wheelspeed
  • Lockup rumble can now be tweaked to your likings, earlier or later
  • Fakerevs mode now supported in all games except Codemasters and Rigs of Rods
  • When PIT limiter is active, your actual speed is shown by default
  • Added "start with windows" in setup
  • If Fanaleds is started minimized, only the tray icon is visible
  • A wheel button can be selected to allow toggling of the display mode
  • Added a button to allow restoring all default values
  • Fixed a tray open/restore bug (fanaleds wouldn't come back sometimes)
  • Fixed another STUCK ON issue for wheel and pedal rumble
  • Changed text for pedals (none/ps2) for wheel only connections
Thanks for the good work.
I tried with 1.2b and a porsche wheel. Everything seems to be working in game... but nothing shows up on the wheel.
Can you help me troubleshoot?
Quote from loopingz :Thanks for the good work.
I tried with 1.2b and a porsche wheel. Everything seems to be working in game... but nothing shows up on the wheel.
Can you help me troubleshoot?

Hi,

Could you give me some further information about your wheel?

Which wheel is it? What firmware is the wheel on? What drivers are you using?

Have you followed the instructions for the game (I guess it's LFS?) to make it work with Fanaleds?

Fanaleds support for your simracing hardware
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG