The online racing simulator
New contest for G27
(44 posts, started )
Quote from CheerioDM :You must be the best bleeding heart/Good Samaritan/humanitarian/do-gooder.
All actions must be public.
All submissions will have to be posted on video.
No action too small or too large.
An idea would be feeding the homeless in your area.
Runner-up would get an S2 license.
  • Well before this has happened I have done 38 hours of service for mentally handicapped adults which included scorekeeping for their bowling games for 2 hours every sunday. (thekennedycenterinc.org)
  • I led the freshmen retreat at my school putting about 15 hours of planning in throughout the fall and winter and then 48 hours straight for the retreat.
  • I helped tutor students for mid terms via national honor society for a few hours
  • I ran a community bake sale for live safing devices and raised over 200 dollars for a defibrilator.
Of course none of these are video taped though... lol :P
My friend Danny Lee has raised £1600+ for MenCap so far through the London Marathon, raffling off a new Scooter, and 3 iRacing endurance races, one of which can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0UgxfXbqAY
Been playin LFS with a mouse since 2006 or so. Makes me sad.
Quote from hazaky :Been playin LFS with a mouse since 2006 or so. Makes me sad.

You are unbanned too.
Quote from EeekiE :My friend Danny Lee has raised £1600+ for MenCap so far through the London Marathon, raffling off a new Scooter, and 3 iRacing endurance races, one of which can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0UgxfXbqAY

I don't think you posting something your friend did should count. Unless, he is the one wanting the G27 and making the post.

Only seems fair. If I should do something nice for someone, Ill try to get it on video and post it here, a G27 would help out alot. Controllers are too sensitive.
Quote from tbofram :I need to get some pictures and videos uploaded, I spent two years with a few people to help get around £10,000 needed to send two people to Sweden ,two people to Kenya and someone a week long training course so he could get the job of his dreams.

With £20 you could get them all found with doobies by the police and have them deported back to where they came from.
Good action
I volunteer at an animal shelter.
Quote from edge3147 :I don't think you posting something your friend did should count. Unless, he is the one wanting the G27 and making the post.

It was on his behalf. I already have a G27.

I thought the idea behind this was to encourage/promote LiveForSpeed, (something this guy just downloaded the demo of at the weekend) while doing something charitable. I didn't think it was "who can post on an internet forum thread with an account they made all by themselves, oh and if I do something good I'll film it".
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :With £20 you could get them all found with doobies by the police and have them deported back to where they came from.

kids, and it was for the world scout jambo , but yeah i guess that would be a much cheaper way of getting someone sent somewhere
i have a feeling you cracked somebody's cvv digits. how are u affording this? most importantly, why waist good money on these third world countries?
Quote from USRacer :i have a feeling you cracked somebody's cvv digits. how are u affording this? most importantly, why waist good money on these third world countries?

What a amazing words comming from a american...
For me personally charity is just part of being a good person and I believe that the only true charity is when you do something without seeking reward or opportunity to promote yourself by it, and as nice as a G27 would be - and it is a fantastic prize - I am not motivated by it to do something I would not otherwise be doing, which stays between me and the taxman.

But I want to post in support of your initiative, because there are so many things out there that need fixing and need help.

I know charities get a bad rap for wasting money and funding nice homes for executives, although not all are like that - but that doesn't stop you doing something like buying some blankets and giving them to the homeless.

Or even something small and less overt like spending time with a grandparent if yours are still alive, who if they are getting on a bit might just be delighted to have some company for a while.

Charity isn't about giving money to collectors in the street, it's about caring. It doesn't matter who for, as long as you care.

/applaude CheerioDM
Quote from Becky Rose :For me personally charity is just part of being a good person and I believe that the only true charity is when you do something without seeking reward or opportunity to promote yourself by it, and as nice as a G27 would be - and it is a fantastic prize - I am not motivated by it to do something I would not otherwise be doing, which stays between me and the taxman.

But I want to post in support of your initiative, because there are so many things out there that need fixing and need help.

I know charities get a bad rap for wasting money and funding nice homes for executives, although not all are like that - but that doesn't stop you doing something like buying some blankets and giving them to the homeless.

Or even something small and less overt like spending time with a grandparent if yours are still alive, who if they are getting on a bit might just be delighted to have some company for a while.

Charity isn't about giving money to collectors in the street, it's about caring. It doesn't matter who for, as long as you care.

/applaude CheerioDM

QFT
He said video for a reason. It won't change. Less talk and more submission and be creative.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :If i get a G27, I can race again. I'm far too busy upgrading my car in RL to bother with sim racing wheels.

Good thing!
I liked Kony on Facebook
i once brutally murdered a litter of kittens

can i have the wheel?
I watched and did nothing.

New contest for G27
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG