The online racing simulator
Changing antiroll with switches on steering wheel possible (F11)?
Does anybody know if its possible to change antiroll bars (normally in multiplayer mode made by F11) with the switches on the steering wheel while driving?
I use a Momo Racing and in new test patches it could be possibly done. The configuration file "cfg.txt" is the one I expect.
But I don't know how.
I believe you can using the scripts, by putting it in each car to execute /run F11.lfs and having F11.lfs contain what you need to happen.
Quote from p.maishaupt :Does anybody know if its possible to change antiroll bars (normally in multiplayer mode made by F11) with the switches on the steering wheel while driving?
I use a Momo Racing and in new test patches it could be possibly done. The configuration file "cfg.txt" is the one I expect.
But I don't know how.

Using TEST Patch U14...

You can assign "Text keys" in the controls screen to :

CTRL+F1 = "/press up"
CTRL+F2 = "/press down"
CTRL+F3 = "/press right"
CTRL+F4 = "/press left"

Then assign these text keys (CTRL+F1 to CTRL+F4) to your controller buttons.
Is there any chance of getting a sway bar adjustment or brake bias adjustment that works on-the-fly, without the need to open a separate menu? I'd love to be able to assign a keys to soften/harden the ARB without having to open the F11 menu or change brake bias during a race, not just in the garage. Is there a /command to change brake bias or ARB stiffness so that I could assign those to a button or key?

Here's a post on RSC where someone is using a potentiometer for brake bias. This kind of thing would be really cool to have. But even a simple two button setup would be an improvement since there's no way to adjust it now unless you're in the garage. http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=258375
Thanks Cue-Ball. Thats exactly what I want to have. Sorry if I didn't explain it that way. I want to change rear antiroll bars with the buttons on my steering wheel without having to press any keys on the keyboard.
That would be a big relief. To check that everything is accepted one time pressing F11 is ok. I don't have 4 buttons free to implement this, 2 buttons should be enough to do this.
With F11 live settings open (multiplayer only at the moment) you can adjust the arbs with left and right arrow keys.

With the latest test patch you can assign a text key to a button on your wheel, and you can fake the left arrow keypress with the command "/press left"

So, you can have arb adjustable on the wheel if you assign one wheel button to the text "/press left" and another wheel button to "/press right"
What we're asking is if there's any way to adjust ARBs and brake bias *without* opening the F11 menu. I know your plate is full with additions, bug fixes, etc. But it would be nice if we could assign those functions in the controls setup in-game. That way we could assign keys/buttons to those functions directly without opening the menu or using arrows. Of course, this might be something you want to investigate a bit before implementing. Because the road cars should not allow on-the-fly adjustment of ARB or brake bias, where as other cars may allow one, the other, or both.
Quote from Cue-Ball :What we're asking is if there's any way to adjust ARBs and brake bias *without* opening the F11 menu. I know your plate is full with additions, bug fixes, etc. But it would be nice if we could assign those functions in the controls setup in-game. That way we could assign keys/buttons to those functions directly without opening the menu or using arrows. Of course, this might be something you want to investigate a bit before implementing. Because the road cars should not allow on-the-fly adjustment of ARB or brake bias, where as other cars may allow one, the other, or both.

The F11 menu is visible on the dashboards of the single seaters. So you can adjust that without opening any menu, just like in the real car. Did you not know about that? I guess this is the same with the GTR cars when they have a proper racing dashboard. (Also the dashboard and F11 only work in multiplayer at the moment but that is one of the reasons why we still call it Alpha - that is clearly a planned update).
Also, why not have live settings and pit stuff in Single Player
Why not? Well if I could do 100 features per day instead of 10 then it would already be done!
So why not do 100 then?
hehe
#12 - Jakg
Quote from Scawen :Why not? Well if I could do 100 features per day instead of 10 then it would already be done!

/notetoself get scawen a time machine and life times supply of Foosh mints for his birthday
Quote from Scawen :The F11 menu is visible on the dashboards of the single seaters. So you can adjust that without opening any menu, just like in the real car.

Ooooh, didn't know that.

*goes to test it*

Has this been in LFS since U? It's awesome, I never noticed it before as I'm used to looking at the overlay when I'm fiddling in a race. Nice.

It even says Pit Instuctions on the wheel when you press F12 - how did I not notice this
Quote from Scawen :The F11 menu is visible on the dashboards of the single seaters. So you can adjust that without opening any menu, just like in the real car. Did you not know about that? I guess this is the same with the GTR cars when they have a proper racing dashboard. (Also the dashboard and F11 only work in multiplayer at the moment but that is one of the reasons why we still call it Alpha - that is clearly a planned update).

I never knew that, but I rarely drive the single seaters. To be honest, I could care less about ARB adjustments. I really want brake bias adjustment. I just know that other people in this thread as well as friends that I race with have asked about ARB adjustment. Brake bias is the important one to me.

I'm at work right now, but I'll be sure to check this out when I get home.
All of F11 menu is available directly on the wheel without pressing F11. So you can tweak bias and ARB's using arrow binds
Tristan, I think its been there with the new steering wheels. I've seen it, but its too cumbersome to use on the fly.
I normally drive GTRs. Is there a way of changing arb (I just want to change rear) without pressing F11?
As it is explained, this is only possible in single seater.
Does this work?
Save "/press f11, down, down, right, f11" as a text key and assign it to a button on the steering wheel.
Good idea - you nearly got it. You actually need some small scripts.

The attachment to this post contains 5 files for your script folder. Put them in there before you run LFS.

Then enter your controls screen, click on "Text keys" and you will see the functions there, ready to be assigned to your wheel buttons.

NOTE : you can add more lines "/press right" and "/press left" if you want the ARB to move in bigger steps.

WARNING : the autoexec file in this package overwrites your CTRL+F9 to CTRL+F12 text keys.
Attached files
script.zip - 803 B - 243 views
#19 - axus
I've actually had those set up for a long long time on my Logitech profiler. I race with Shift+F on, however and they don't work then, so I have a seperate binding on my wheel for Shift+F. Its a bit of a mission - I guess it would be nice to have an option for those things to work when the HUD is disabled.
i got throttle wheel i could assign smooth arb changes to - is there another command than /press?
Quote from axus :I've actually had those set up for a long long time on my Logitech profiler. I race with Shift+F on, however and they don't work then, so I have a seperate binding on my wheel for Shift+F. Its a bit of a mission - I guess it would be nice to have an option for those things to work when the HUD is disabled.

I don't think you have read the thread. So I will write again : These things are available on the formula cars already with no HUD displayed, and will eventually be available on the GTR cars as well. Also I have just provided some script files so you can do it right now with no HUD visible.
Quote from AndRand :i got throttle wheel i could assign smooth arb changes to - is there another command than /press?

No. Smooth arb changes aren't possible.
Whilst we're on the subject of these scripts is there a script delay/wait command because I havn't found one documented in the docs, ie:

/rcm Green Flag
/rcm_all
/delay 10000
/rcc_all

Would launch rcc_all after a delay of 10000 milliseconds?
No there is no wait or pause command yet though it's on my notes. I need to make a thing which allows scripts to reside in memory and be started again from where they left off when the specified time has elapsed. At the moment, scripts are just opened, run and close instantly.
ok cheers Scawen Useful to know so I stop looking for it !

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG