The online racing simulator
LFSCART Light Series 2012: Round 5 Discussion
Round 5 is the English Grand Prix, taking place at South City Town Course (SO5)

The race will be 64 laps in length, with one bonus lap added for the formation lap.

Race date, 29 April 2012.

Timetable:

28 April 2012 @ 17:20 UTC: Entries locked; no additions, edits, or deletions to a team roster from this point until 1 hour after the event concludes, for accuracy of eligible entrants and other necessary configurations.

29 April 2012:

15:20 UTC: Confirmation of team's race roster deadline

17:20 UTC Qualifying, 20 minutes. Field split into two groups, sessions run concurrently on separate servers.
17:53 UTC Grid Stacking Begins
18:00 UTC Formation Lap Begins

Qualifying Group 1 [TBD] (Main Server => NDR.LFSCART Light)
TBD

Qualifying Group 2 [TBD] (Spare Server => NDR.LFSCART Light 2)
TBD
#2 - J@tko
Can't make it again Probably just as well, I don't tend to agree with South Shitty Hopefully see y'all in Kyoto
Quote from J@tko :Can't make it again Probably just as well, I don't tend to agree with South Shitty Hopefully see y'all in Kyoto

same
**** this shit. Firstly I got HP Update, which popped Windows Desktop on and that's why I hitted to the wall. Then my wheel died, couldn't turn the car or anything in-game, so I decided to spectace, even though some points were incoming.
Very lucky and very happy with 10th. No practice + no pace = success!
Quote from Kid222 :Very lucky and very happy with 10th. No practice + no pace = success!

Have to say my story is the same! Had no practice.. Reedited quickly qual set with r2 tires dropping a little bit down the pressure on the them and that's it. My pace wasn't high, just 1.14.x, but drove pretty consistently and that's all what I needed to finish in pretty good 7th position.
I was a bit scared after final SC session when I noticed that maybe there is not enough fuel to finish the race, but thanks to God, made it to the finish (the tires were dead at the end of the race that's why Ben was catching me up at the speed of light)...
Well, had I not been half a lap behind after pitting to fix damage during the first SC period, my race might have gone quite differently. That said, it was still pretty interesting. I was quick enough (also on no practice) to catch up to several guys, though Durelli was catching me as well for a while. By the time the second SC came out, I was a lap down and in 9th place, with no real hope of catching the guy ahead, so I was pretty glad to see it. However, I didn't pit the first time by the pits under the SC, which screwed me pretty badly. I ended up coming out of the pits the next lap in 10th (having gone in 7th), with Zyxel, bossforce, seniecka, and a couple others ahead of me on the same lap.

I had some interesting battles on the first couple laps after the restart, with my teammate Toni, Koskinen, Holmes, and Mocanu, but it got sorted out with me in 8th. I was running behind Toni after a few laps and noticed (to my surprise) that he was holding me up, so I asked Jesse if he could pass the message along. Toni obliged and I was able to set about chasing seniecka down. I had budgeted a certain number of laps to catch him, forgetting that I was a lap down to Lehikoinen, and in the end I came up just a tiny bit short, but it was a fun chase anyway.
#8 - ZyXEL
Quote from Pela74 :Session of incident: Race
mpr timecode of incident: 1m 45s
Lap of incident: 1
Cars involved in incident: 86, 57
Brief description of inciden: 57 leave ridiculus gap and crash me

Sorry that was totally my fault
Pretty fun round, Qualy went pretty well, in the back of my mind I always knew Jarno would be too hard to beat, but P2 was good enough for me.

The start went well, a little disappointed that I didn't manage to make it past Jarno, but still happy to hold p2 considering the normal South City t1...
My pace seemed good, but a couple of taps on the walls left me with damage, but not too bad. By the time my pit stop came, I made the mistake of leaving damage repair on, since I forgot to change it after Qualy, and i decided i would try and run the race without tyre change. I was looking strong for P2 but once the final saftey car came out my tyres lost temperature and i decided to take a gamble and pit for fresh rubber. Dropping me right to the back I knew I had to make quick progress to get Matti, but on the SC lap i decided to throw it into the wall all make the task harder for myself, on purpose of course...

In the end p3, it was enough and makes the final round a little easier in terms of pressure for the championship. Grats to Jarno and Matti! Cya next time!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG