The online racing simulator
why I banned?
(42 posts, started )
Quote from rockclan :To soon...

There's nothing funny about that. It's a pretty accurate description of someone who attacks his own people and firmly believing that it's for a good cause. :insane:
Quote from Faultygearbox :There's nothing funny about that. It's a pretty accurate description of someone who attacks his own people and firmly believing that it's for a good cause. :insane:

Over the knee, slap-slap.
Quote from wolfsbane3083 :To be frank some of the cruisers on cruise servers are some of the fastest drivers that you'll ever meet on lfs. I know some of you are going to flame me for saying this but it's the truth. Driving fast around a track with a bunch of objects all over the road is a hell of a lot harder than driving on a nice wide open track, especially when you have to deal with people driving in the other direction aswell.

Back to ontopic though. LTC also, magically, somehow manages to organise some of the biggest endurance races in LFS. Whenever LTC organises an endurance event (which none of you have probably seen if you have us disabled) we have 1 or 2 servers full for the 24 hours they last for. I, personally, find a 24 hour endurance race with a staggered start a lot more fun than a lot of these 3-5 lap quick race servers where everyone gets rammed off in the first corner.

Sorry but I'm bored..
I am happy to say that cruisers are not part of the fastest drivers of LFS. Just because you have objects here and there doesn't make you faster (and if you put a real LFS racer going through the objects, chances are they are there faster than cruisers too.) Real racers have practised (atleast the fastest) racing for year or two (some have raced for more than 4 years) and by cruising you possibly could not match the pace of these guys.

Also, I'd love to see the pace of the cruisers in your 24 hour events, I actually just did some research and it seems that all the links are not working so I can't check that really atleast for now..
Oh and btw, LTC doesn't organise the biggest endurance events in LFS. MoE, GTAL, IGTC, GT2WS, GT3TCC, annual 16h are the biggest. These are proper events with real racers with real competition where seconds matter and setups matter even more.
Perhaps there should be a cruisers vs racers competition
I think the winners are pretty predictable.
I think it's a pretty astonishing that there is an argument over whether cruisers or racers are faster. Given that they are all drawn from the same community, and some members are caught between deciding which sub-set they are allegedly branded as.

For sure the fastest driver does not always win anyway. To finish first, first you must not be vote-banned by the FXO with the police skin and flashing hazard lights.
Quote from Becky Rose :But this is the same logic that has seen our countries go to war against people with towels on their head because a different group of people flew a plane in to a building owned by a bank. .

Yeah 'cos thats the same thing entirely ...
Quote from DoC_uk :Yeah 'cos thats the same thing entirely ...

The justifications are more or less the same. Cruisers are threatening our way of racing and need to be stopped before they get the power to overthrow us. They may even be in possession of wheels of mass direction, and some of them want to wreck us.

So we should wreck them first, before they all emigrate on to our servers and ruin our way of the racer.

...Actually wait, you are right and I concede the point, because what CSU is really saying paraphrases more like this:

The developers are threatening our way of racing and need to be stopped before they don't release a patch and overwhelm us with their lazy work ethic and their doctrine of physics law and take all our grid slots.

So we should target cruisers and wreck them in case they are in support of the evil regime which denies us a patch, which we can prove because some of them are Radical drivers who vob modded the RAC in to a more recent track car.

Yep you are right, his argument is nothing like the analogy I wrote because as soon as you paraphrase it in to the war in Iraq suddenly his argument begins to make sense, unlike the real thing. So I agree 100%, those harbingers of vob modding should be hunted out and wrecked!

We might garner a bit more support by parking some tanks at the airport near Blackwood.
You Becky are probably one of the brightest and most articulate people I have come across on forums on the internet , there are times when you lose me completely ( this in itself is no great shakes as words and me have never been friends tbh).

Could you not of come up with another analogy to deal with this idiot trolling for posts ? Just seemed a little cold is all .

The game is dying we all hate that , if the cruisers can squeeze a little bit of enjoyment from it fair play to them !

All regular racers know that the cruise scene is riddled with cheats and hacks .. leave em to it , they won't last 2 mins on a well admined race server .

CSU1 is just annoyed because he wanted to vent on a cruise server and it bit him in the ass ... gotta admit I did lol at him trying to justify it by whipping on a super hero costume and claiming he did it for the good of the community !!
Quote from DoC_uk :You Becky are probably one of the brightest and most articulate people I have come across on forums on the internet , there are times when you lose me completely ( this in itself is no great shakes as words and me have never been friends tbh).

Could you not of come up with another analogy to deal with this idiot trolling for posts ? Just seemed a little cold is all .

CSU1 is just annoyed because he wanted to vent on a cruise server and it bit him in the ass ... gotta admit I did lol at him trying to justify it by whipping on a super hero costume and claiming he did it for the good of the community !!

I don't know, personally I thought that Becky's analogy was on the nail. Many people have a delusional idea that they are the only person who matters, this also applies to countries. The whole, "screw you, I want ....... " mindset is the issue in many areas.

Back OT, if you want to be a dick ( see Team America ) in any area of LFS, ( or life ) don't be surprised if you get a ban. Try to learn from the experience and change your behavour. Or try the classic test for insanity, repeat the same action again and again and always be expecting a different result. Even the 500th time............
#37 - PoVo
Quote from DoC_uk :All regular racers know that the cruise scene is riddled with cheats and hacks .. leave em to it , they won't last 2 mins on a well admined race server

From my couple of years of running a cruise server, I have never seen any hacks used online, so your statement is completely invalid.

Cruisers don't need speedhacks to play. Racers might need speedhacks to win a race.

And yet you blame the cruisers?
Cruiser are no threat, nor a problem. They just enjoy the game differently than us racers, and I'm happy for them.

However, by actively seeking out cruisers on their cruise server just to cause havok, you are making yourself into a problem and a threat to other players. Your attitude and approach is by far more damaging than helpful to the LFS community.
Quote from DoC_uk :All regular racers know that the cruise scene is riddled with cheats and hacks .. leave em to it , they won't last 2 mins on a well admined race server .

Oddly enough, they won't last 2 minutes on a well admined cruise server either.

Sadly cheaters and crashers are around however you want to play the game.
#40 - col
Quote from PeterN :Oddly enough, they won't last 2 minutes on a well admined cruise server either.

Sadly cheaters and crashers are around however you want to play the game.

Yep, cheats and wreckers will target the most popular servers - they don't care if it's race or cruise, they just want to cause maximum annoyance.
You can be sure that if public race servers were more popular than cruise, then that's where all the morons would be heading.
#41 - pipa
I cruise, i race and i drift, although i propably suck quite badly at drifting.

What i do not, is give a damn about your oppinion, so spare your energy.
-
(col) DELETED by col
#42 - CSU1
/

^^ I know it was awfully ****ing dumb to badmouth cruisers, sorry.

Fact of the matter is that these servers (for me) take away from LFS...pure racing that is. Don't be so silly as to say "just turn on your filter and you'll be fine as you won't see a thing", it's hard not to notice the huge numbers of players on the servers posting vid's of suped up VOB's and generally making the sim look like NFS or similar.

It simply attracts the wrong attention and the numbers grow and grow, I imagine sales are fine in this regard but if thats the road they're going down whats the point of all the hard work if the sim's to be used to drive imaginary deliveries around the track???

I've lost count of how many times I have been wrecked (*throws his bottle from the pram*) the past few months from the 'spill over' of the cruise servers - I had enough and cracked

Why cant Airio or similar be mandatory for all servers included in the server code? and have a zero tolerance policy to address cheating of any kind - I'd bet that would give the correct impression and image that, in LFS, cheating or modding of any kind is not allowed on public servers.

The negligence of the dev's in regards to cheats is my only worry.

why I banned?
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG