The online racing simulator
freezing then resuming every 4.5 seconds
i have been having this problem for months but normally it would go away with a reboot but now it is not!

doesnt happen in multiplay and its not lag because it's like clockwork and i have a 2mbit connection to myself.

my drivers are as up to date as possible.

this is making the game unplayable and have missed and messed up numerous league matches due to it. a friend of mine also has this problem occasionally (4.5 seconds, like clockwork) but for him simply restarting LFS works.

HELP!

i just had to repair my wheel from throwing it in frustration!!
Have you tried updating your drivers, and playing with the minimum sleep (within the LFS options)? These can and do affect the symptoms you've described.
#4 - ORION
There are many reasons for that, and its almost always a badly configured computer, mostly some programs running in the background, like antivirus / spyware / antispam programs.
There are many threads about this topic around in the forum, maybe just take a look around, or try to describe in a much more detailed way, what actually happens. For example does only the gfx stutter, and the sound continue to play, or do both freeze? What about conrtollers?

What hardware do you use?

Btw, when Im using a DNA modified driver on my notebook (9600Mobility), I have the stuttering too.

@Mods:
please move this into the technical assistance forum as its not a bug.
both sound and visual freeze, and any gear changes i made in the freeze don't happen

my comp is configured properly and i always close all excess processes before going into games

what minimum sleep settings do you think would be best?
the only thing that help me cure this problem is running windows media player 10 in the background, i have tired shuting down every program that runs in the background but that did not cure it even reformatng my pc did not cure it so there must be a bad error somewhere in windows
Quote from blinkyspoogle :
i just had to repair my wheel from throwing it in frustration!!

:ices_rofl
Quote from rc10racer :the only thing that help me cure this problem is running windows media player 10 in the background, i have tired shuting down every program that runs in the background but that did not cure it even reformatng my pc did not cure it so there must be a bad error somewhere in windows

I still don't get how this works Pecker but if I played WMP in the background the game would crash, simply because it doesn't have enough CPU power to cope with LFS and other things.

I need a new pc and I think you guys do to.
Quote from Bawbag :I still don't get how this works Pecker but if I played WMP in the background the game would crash, simply because it doesn't have enough CPU power to cope with LFS and other things.

I need a new pc and I think you guys do to.

what spec is your computer, mine are

AMD Athlon 1.4 32 bit (overclocked it to 1.7)
Ati radeon 9250 32bit or 64bit no to sure (overclocked it to core 258.00mhz and memory 220mhz)
1gig of ram 3200
Proview 15ich flat screen

so my spec are not that bad if your pc kepts crashing if you run to many programs in the background

EDIT: hope someone know why WMP stops lfs from laging and freezes for 4.5 seconds
mmmm simple awnser

DONT OVERCLOCK , this is why system is causing halt state, set everything to default and then report back.

With summer here things are hotter in PC and this is why after reboot its still freezing , thermal protection (p-states) in proccesor.
Same here - follow the instruction from the link Android has posted - sorted my problems out immediately.
running windows media player has solved this for me!

my pc is good and i don't overclock. i did every other feasable thing and nothing worked but for some reason this does!
Quote from blinkyspoogle :running windows media player has solved this for me!

my pc is good and i don't overclock. i did every other feasable thing and nothing worked but for some reason this does!

I know it is a very wierd thing indeed but i still can not figure this one out

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG