The online racing simulator
I want to get started with LFS.
(5 posts, started )
Good day fellow friends!

I have been tinkering around with the LFS demo for a while and it seems quite realistic and enjoyable. Currently, I play with a game controller using analog sticks and triggers. I'm very interested in purchasing a S2 license; the price seems fair.

First question, in terms of control, what do people think of the Logitech G27 product? My local store has a few new ones in stock for a reasonable price. Is it a good racing wheel?

Second, it seems that this game has a long history behind it, and taking a look at the forum, people are eagerly awaiting a delayed release. I am very interested in the online play portion of the game, but I worry that because of the game's maturity, there won't be anyone to play with. For someone like me in a Eastern Time (GMT-5), will there be some activity online? With my little time on the demo servers, I noticed the amount of reckless players is not negligible. Is this still an issue in the S2 servers?

Thanks,
cdahmedeh
Hi,
Welcome to LFS

The best experience comes from racing with a wheel and this forum contains multiple threads with the discussion about them. If you can afford it go with the G27, but it makes a racket...

For your timezone there is not that many activity, look at this thread.http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=79140(you can also check stats at lfsworld.net)

There are still all kind of players of all levels on S2, including Noobs and crashers.
This is less though, and you will get some serious racing out of S2 if you put some effort into it.
Although racing in demo can be pretty serious too, but this features only 2 tracks and 3 cars...

I don't regret my purchase as I think little do.
Read around on this forum a bit and get a wheel (you can do more than play LFS with it). Then decide?
Grtz and best of luck.
#3 - Zay
In short, yes, go for the G27, its a great wheel and you wont regret it. I've had my G25 for 3 years now and it's still running perfect. The G27 is an improved version of the g25, and i've put in a good 12 hours in total with it because my friend has one, and I love it.

I'm in the same timezone as you, and there are plenty of drivers on from early in the morning until around five or 6 at night. This is because the majority of players live in europe, and their nights start a couple of hours before ours do.
Thank you lolzol and Zay for the informative and fast responses. I'll shortly get my equipment and license in a few short days. See you guys on the track!
#5 - RLeb
Welcome to LFS, fellow Canuck We are a rare breed here compared to all these europeans!

As a Canadian, I was still able to find some fantastic servers and leagues to race on even with the time shift (it is especially easy over the weekends).

LFS still has a few unique features that other online-based games do not have (therefore keeping the game relevant despite the wait for the S3 release), like the ability to do driver swapping for endurance events (I ran a 24-hour enduro in January with 5 other guys.. great fun and definetly unique!), and also it's straight-forwardness and affordability compared to some games which require monthly payments.

Also with the S2 lisence, there are lots of new avenues to explore in the game

Feel free to PM me anytime!

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG