The online racing simulator
Btcc 2012
(87 posts, started )
Shedden has also been DSQ'd from the final race due to the car being worked on under the red flag period.

I have read though, that the team probably knew this at the time, but sent him out just to put some miles on the car.
Plato on Pole for Donington tomorrow, even with maximum success ballast. Honda racing 2nd and 3rd with Andy Jordan 4th.
Only by 0.054 though, would've been interesting if it was a fully dry session
It amazes me, that i'm saying this, but after todays F1, the first race was quite boring.
Grats to Jackson though.
OK, I get it, the BTCC has a very liberal stance on contacts these days, but those 2 few rounds have been pretty much over-the-top on that matter...
On another topic: anyone got some info about the other Hamilton guy with Skoda Octavia? From what i looked up it seems like they vanished.
Quote from Kid222 :On another topic: anyone got some info about the other Hamilton guy with Skoda Octavia? From what i looked up it seems like they vanished.

Sponsor pulled out, not enough funds for him I believe. Not sure what state of completion the car got to.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :OK, I get it, the BTCC has a very liberal stance on contacts these days, but those 2 few rounds have been pretty much over-the-top on that matter...

That would be why Plato was penalised for his move on Shedden?
Quote from boothy :That would be why Plato was penalised for his move on Shedden?

Pretty much a non-penalty if you ask me? Just reverting the places. AFAIK, no fines/points penalty/probation/etc. It basically says "feel free to play the dirty stuff, we'll just clean the mess for you if you go a bit too far".

Nah, don't get me wrong, I'm fine with the stewards letting the drivers handle the racing. But I wish they would show a bit more class sometimes. OK, hard to pass without a bit of bumping at Brands. But Donington? Some of the moves Plato, Newsham and Jackson(among others) pulled weren't necessary, IMHO.

Donington was one of the messiest round last year too, let's just hope it's a track(or a season start) thing, and the racing gets a bit cleaner at Thurxton.
I'm surprised he didn't pick up another few points on his license, honestly.

He made it clear all the way down the straight that he had no intention of anything but using Shedden as a brake.
It's more entertaining to watch than WTCC... 2 Chevy 1-2-3s this weekend... yawn
Collard shouldn't have got 3 points and a £500 fine for his 'donut', alright it was naff but still, first race of the season, first win for years, give the guy a break.

Dissapointed for Jackson to lose the Race 3 win, there was a difference between his move on Plato in Race 1 and Plato's move on Shedden in Race 2; it looked as if Jackson actually locked up after outbraking himself and couldn't help but give Plato a tap, whereas Plato knew all along that he was going to put Shedden in the gravel.

Verdicts on Toby Moody? I like him, still adds the excitement that Ben Edwards brought to the commentary, a worthy replacement I think.
His style hasn't grown on me, yet..(?)
Quote from Minimaxman :Collard shouldn't have got 3 points and a £500 fine for his 'donut', alright it was naff but still, first race of the season, first win for years, give the guy a break.

Yea, plus it doesn't make much sence when they're so much forgiving during the races.

Quote from Minimaxman :Dissapointed for Jackson to lose the Race 3 win, there was a difference between his move on Plato in Race 1 and Plato's move on Shedden in Race 2; it looked as if Jackson actually locked up after outbraking himself and couldn't help but give Plato a tap, whereas Plato knew all along that he was going to put Shedden in the gravel.

Agreed totally.

Quote from Minimaxman :Verdicts on Toby Moody? I like him, still adds the excitement that Ben Edwards brought to the commentary, a worthy replacement I think.

He has very big boots to fill but he did good so far. His "over the top" style might not fit as well with car racing, but too much enthousiasm is always better than not enough.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :It's more entertaining to watch than WTCC... big fat spoiler this weekend... yawn

Can you please not post spoilers to events unrelated to the current discussion?:slap:

You ruined the 2nd race for me. Luckily I had already watched race 1.

-----

About the weekend, Good racing as always. Shame Plato had to push like that though.

Toby seems pretty good. Ben was great, so it is a hard act to follow. Ben and Tim where probably my favourite commentary team in motorsport.

Interesting to see Paul O'Neil doing some commentary work . Hope he can get a drive this year.
Quote from DratsaB :Can you please not post spoilers to events unrelated to the current discussion?:slap:

You ruined the 2nd race for me. Luckily I had already watched race 1.

It's 4 days later... surely that's enough time to reasonably assume that pretty much everyone knows what happened?
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :It's 4 days later... surely that's enough time to reasonably assume that pretty much everyone knows what happened?

Oh, I didn't realise there was a time limit :doh:

Just don't do it please...common courtesy etc. Besides some times they haven't even shown the highlights or replay of the event until up to a week later. Some people watch those too.

I watch V8s, WTCC and BTCC. I don't get a chance to watch them all straight away, especially when the events clash, as I'm sure many other don't either.

The comment didn't even relate to what was being discussed, it was just a pointless spoiler, so why did you have to mention it at all?

Just try to avoid doing that in future thanks...
Quote from DratsaB :Can you please not post spoilers to events unrelated to the current discussion?:slap:

Please refrain from reading the motorsports part of the forum if you DONT want to find out about motorsports. :doh:
Quote from anttt69 :Please refrain from reading the motorsports part of the forum if you DONT want to find out about motorsports. :doh:

So why do we have individual topics for individual events if we can just post spoilers in any thread we like? Kind of defeats the point if you ask me.....

I must remember to post this weeks V8 results in the F1 thread...is that how we do it now?

Would you like it if for every event some one created a new thread that had the spoiler in the title? After all.....what where you doing in the motorsport section if you DON'T want to know about motorsport?
The only Motorsport that has individual topics for each race is F1.

I agree with anttt69, seeing as this is a general discussion thread for BTTC, if you don't want to read anything that may "spoil" it for you after race events, don't open the thread.
Quote from DratsaB :Oh, I didn't realise there was a time limit :doh:

Yea, I agree with RiseAgainstMe, WTCC was meh... Not as good as the 1911 Indy 500... I'd take a Ray Harroun win over a Chevy 1-2-3 any day..

WHOOPS, sorry for spoiling it for you

Oh well, on one hand spoilers do suck, but on the other hand it also sucks if you have to endlessly restrain yourself from refering to past race results.

Hmm... shame that vBulletin doesn't seem to have [spoiler] tags...
Quote from DejaVu :The only Motorsport that has individual topics for each race is F1.

I agree with anttt69, seeing as this is a general discussion thread for BTTC, if you don't want to read anything that may "spoil" it for you after race events, don't open the thread.

Perhaps you should understand what I was requesting first before siding with some one? Why would I care about a spoiler for a BTCC race being put in the BTCC thread? That's how it should work....

I was annoyed because RiseAgainstMe posted a un-needed, unrelated spoiler about a WTCC race....in this (BTCC) thread.

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Oh well, on one hand spoilers do suck, but on the other hand it also sucks if you have to endlessly restrain yourself from referring to past race results.

You really think Riseagainst me's comment that spoiled the race was really that great that he would have had to "restrain" him self to not post it? It's not hard, it just a take a slight bit of empathy and some cop on.

Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :It's more entertaining to watch than WTCC... 2 Chevy 1-2-3s this weekend... yawn

Wow....insightful stuff.

Well, if you guys cant just use a bit of courtesy to a fellow fan and follow one simple, polite, easily followed request..I guess I will just have to avoid the event threads in this section....

Thanks....
Quote from DratsaB :Oh, I didn't realise there was a time limit :doh:

Just don't do it please...common courtesy etc. Besides some times they haven't even shown the highlights or replay of the event until up to a week later. Some people watch those too.

I watch V8s, WTCC and BTCC. I don't get a chance to watch them all straight away, especially when the events clash, as I'm sure many other don't either.

The comment didn't even relate to what was being discussed, it was just a pointless spoiler, so why did you have to mention it at all?

Just try to avoid doing that in future thanks...

You don't want results to be spoiled, but you risk it by going on the internet at all. Don't tell people to stop if it's gonna be all over news sites anyway.

This is a discussion thread on touring car racing, if you don't want WTCC results spoiled. Why would you come in here? This is a a discussion thread. What is most likely going to be discussed here? I would forgive you if someone gave an F1 spoiler in the BTCC thread granted, but it was WTCC, it and BTCC are hardly alien to each other are they?
Here's a spoiler for the rest of the WTCC season: Chevy 1-2-3 :rolleyes:

There's a happy medium for spoilers, thank god this isn't the iRacing forum where people post racing topics in general discussion and have spoliers in thread titles. I could understand if it was the day after but it's 3 days later so at that point you venture onto the internet at your own peril if you don't want things spoilt...

Btcc 2012
(87 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG