The online racing simulator
This racist guy needs to be banned for life, aweful
Hi all. I don't know where else to put this, but this guy needs to be banned for life from LFS for his racist name and attitude. Please watch the end of this replay and you'll see what I mean.

User Name: Superfro, player name *KillNig

http://speedy.sh/K9bSw/offensive-name.mpr

Simply aweful.
It's 'awful'.
I am sitting on mobile broadband, so the download abilities are very limited. What exactly happens in the video? An argument where someone uses foul language, or does something else happens?
looks like kids being kids tbh...

they could of done and said worse... but everyone walks on egg shells as per usual
His driver name was *NigKill, and when asked about it he openly stated "I Kill Ni**ers"...if it is "kids being kids" as the other user said, someone needs to find their parents. Hate speak is never OK.

Quote from The Very End :I am sitting on mobile broadband, so the download abilities are very limited. What exactly happens in the video? An argument where someone uses foul language, or does something else happens?

#6 - Racon
#7 - col
Quote from theirishnoob :looks like kids being kids tbh...

they could of done and said worse... but everyone walks on egg shells as per usual

So you think racism is acceptable and that those of us who disagree should be ridiculed?
Hmm, good to know.
When black people stand up for their race everyone applauds them and accept it. When white people stand up for their race suddenly they are racists and evil. Hypocrisy!
So he's a racist, deal with it.
Freedom works that way, people have the right to be racists.
Quote from morpha :people have the right to be racists.

In my country (and many others), people don't have this right, which is a good thing.
Quote from Rynno666 :When black people stand up for their race everyone applauds them and accept it. When white people stand up for their race suddenly they are racists and evil. Hypocrisy!

There's a difference between campaigning for equality and campaigning against minorities.
Better only disable the Chat & gas pedal in his Game so he never forget his mistake. He can only look how other people play nice and fair this great Game
#13 - col
Quote from Rynno666 :When black people stand up for their race everyone applauds them and accept it. When white people stand up for their race suddenly they are racists and evil. Hypocrisy!

What you seem to be implying is that the racist on the server 'Superfro', (or maybe you mean Irishnoob?) is in someway standing up for white people? and that anyone who criticises them is being racist? wow! that really is twisted.

Quote from morpha :So he's a racist, deal with it.
Freedom works that way, people have the right to be racists.

The 'freedom' we have is dependent on having laws that protect and restrict that 'freedom'. One of those laws is that we must not attack individuals or groups based on their race - or incite others to do so.
It's ironic that to provide and defend 'freedom' we have to restrict what people are 'free' to do by law, but that's the way it works.
In reality, the modern notion in the western world of 'freedom' is nothing more than political dogma - it is a deceit. The concept of 'human rights' is much more appropriate.

In your naive version of freedom (true freedom), Someone would be 'free' to murder your family - when you called the police, they would say "So he's a murderer, deal with it. Freedom works that way..." etc.
#14 - col
Quote from farcar :In my country (and many others), people don't have this right, which is a good thing.

In your part of British Empire, you mean?
Seriously Reiljans?
We'll, I'm quite sure racism isn't accepted here in this forum. 6 months ago i got banned for a picture that Scawen thought was racist.
Quote from col :One of those laws is that we must not attack individuals or groups based on their race - or incite others to do so.

Is this in reference to racist activist groups / hate groups? Do you think those are the only racists? I assure you, of all the racists on this planet, very few are member of any racism-related groups. Fewer still are publicly attacking ethnic groups or hatemongering, and the "public" part is the important thing.

Quote from col :In your naive version of freedom (true freedom), Someone would be 'free' to murder your family - when you called the police, they would say "So he's a murderer, deal with it. Freedom works that way..." etc.

They wouldn't because they wouldn't exist, at least not as law enforcers since there wouldn't be any laws to enforce. However, I was in fact referring to what the current western society considers freedom. Unlike a murderer - who to be called that must have murdered someone -, a racist does no harm just by being. You could be a racist for all we know, just an introverted one so to speak. A racist is defined not through actions but thoughts, and those needn't be expressed to exist.

Quote from farcar :In my country (and many others), people don't have this right, which is a good thing.

Don't be silly, of course you have the right to be a racist. You even have the right to express that racism to some extent, though it is true that that's where some governments (and community managers, moderators, server admins, etc. for that matter) draw the line, particularly when - as col correctly states - you express it in a manner where it might incite others to adopt - and perhaps act on - your views.

Obviously this discussion has a lot of potential of growing long and windy, potential I'd like to see unutilised to be quite frank. My point was: Unlike physical attacks, verbal ones (at least written ones, oral ones depend upon method of communication) can be ignored. You're certainly not going to turn a racist by banning him from an LFS host.
OK ... Issued 999.
Quote from morpha :

My point was: Unlike physical attacks, verbal ones (at least written ones, oral ones depend upon method of communication) can be ignored. You're certainly not going to turn a racist by banning him from an LFS host.

I don't think the point is to rehabilitate him. The vast majority of people find it offensive, or at least uncomfortable, and if you put LFS into the context that it is not 15 or 18 rated then consider if that action is acceptable for say a daytime TV show, or shouting in the street. It's not acceptable, so he wants him to be removed from the environment. Nothing wrong with that.
OMG the N word! Run away!!! Run away!!!
Ban for life? Usually there is a warning first.
Is there someone who can find out if he has been warned before?
No big deal for him if he is demo.
I didn't watch the MPR.
You guys have heard of trolling, right?

If you can't get rid of a troll, ignore it. Calling for some witch hunt isn't going to stop people from trolling. Bans only encourage trolls.
#24 - col
Quote from morpha :
A racist is defined not through actions but thoughts, and those needn't be expressed to exist.

I disagree. IMO, it's behaviour that defines you within society. So someone who exhibits racist behaviour is a racist, someone who does not, is not.
That doesn't really matter though, the important thing is that it's the behaviour that's the problem and is unacceptable.

I'm also uneasy about the suggestion that verbal/written racism can be ignored. Ignoring it is the equivalent of passively condoning it. Kids trolling and acting out are doing so in order to learn the boundaries and rules. If we don't react, they don't learn, or worse, they learn wrong.

Getting banned from LFS is exactly the right way for a kid to learn what's unacceptable. Not getting banned from LFS/forums/other games, then getting arrested/beaten up etc. when older is the wrong way.

This racist guy needs to be banned for life, aweful
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG