The online racing simulator
I'll be invading England...
(30 posts, started )
Hej there!

Finally I'll be back on your island again!

I don't have any specific data yet, but from around 10th of april I will be in Birmingham displaying some Motorbike simulator for a week.
I hope I don't break anything, since driving on the WRONG side with a LHD car is not the easiest task :-)

Does anyone of you know what kind of exhibition takes place around that time?

I will keep you updated

greetz

der invaderbutz
#2 - Bean0
Jesus, much work for me then :-)
This seems to be the show I'll be working at.
So who's going to visit me?

greetz

der butz
Quote from der butz :Jesus, much work for me then :-)
This seems to be the show I'll be working at.
So who's going to visit me?

greetz

der butz

Heya! Great to hear from you. How is the little sprog doing?

I'll come and visit. Brummie isn't too far from my home (I have moved since you last came over, and now have an even better cinema).

Feel free to swing on by to mine too, maybe we can even get Tor to fly over as well and have a winner re-union :P
oh, it's sold out....

*waits for PM with freebie pass*
No, sold out already? Alright then, IF I can get hold of a visitor pass, you'll get one! Unfortunately I never got one at all the expos and races I've been...
I will ask the guys I'll be working for!

greetz

der butz
Well if I can't see you at the show, we can still hook up right? Or is your schedule too tight?
There should be a few evenings on which I can decide what to do :-)
I won't have plenty of time to see the bowels of yet another english city, but a few pints here and there let me enjoy your drinking culture once more :-)

greetz

der butz
I'm just 1 junction down the M6 away from Brum if you want to arrange something
What is the motorcycle simulator? Sounds interesting!
Ah, nothing too big really! It's a proper bastardised Duc (906 Desmo une frame, 900SS/916 Desmodue plastic stuff around and so forth) on a frame, so you can steer by leaning, brake with hand and footbrake,...

I hope we get the proper game license, otherwise I'll have to show some stupid game coded by our own devs (baaaaaad!), but some fun is still there, since you sit on a real bike...

greetz

der butz
Quote from der butz :Ah, nothing too big really! It's a proper bastardised Duc (906 Desmo une frame, 900SS/916 Desmodue plastic stuff around and so forth) on a frame, so you can steer by leaning, brake with hand and footbrake,...

I hope we get the proper game license, otherwise I'll have to show some stupid game coded by our own devs (baaaaaad!), but some fun is still there, since you sit on a real bike...

greetz

der butz

Sounds like the Super Hang-On coin-op from the 80s/90s
Quote from der butz :Hej there!

Finally I'll be back on your island again!

I don't have any specific data yet, but from around 10th of april I will be in Birmingham displaying some Motorbike simulator for a week.
I hope I don't break anything, since driving on the WRONG side with a LHD car is not the easiest task :-)

Does anyone of you know what kind of exhibition takes place around that time?

I will keep you updated

greetz

der invaderbutz

Butz invading England,
deutschland2007 invading Poland,
what shall I invade?
france!
Look out WORLD ! It's the LFSer Invasion !!

Quote from der butz :Ah, nothing too big really! It's a proper bastardised Duc (906 Desmo une frame, 900SS/916 Desmodue plastic stuff around and so forth) on a frame, so you can steer by leaning, brake with hand and footbrake,...

Sounds interesting.

"Steer by leaning", do the player balance the bike using steering, or cheat by stepping on the floor ?
the bike is on a atand, supported by gas springs. So you CAN leave your feet on the floor or get the knee out.

I'm feeling less ready than ever atm... Our game sucks, the bike is not what I'd call brand new, and I don't have enough time to test anything properly.

At least I've booked a hotel just next to some airport :-) in Solihull. Where do you live, Kelvin?

greetz

der butz
no one ever invades eastern europe :c

... no wait
Good shot :-)

oh wait...
Ha! You wish!

Thanks to our brilliant dev team (no, not scavier!) and the guys at blackbean I'm going to use the most 1970 game ever! It flickers, it looks like 4 bit colour, it feels worse than outrun!

Nevermind, in the end this is exactly what the people who rented the thing wanted!

And that's what embarrasses me most; you put a f**kload of effort into something and in the end you achieved nothing...

Anyway, Kelvin, Becky, anyone, I'll be staying in a hotel in Solihull. Whoever lives there, let's go for a few pints!

greetz

der butz who will leave home in about 11 hours
Sure, i'll drive on up for a visit. What day/time works for you?
Yes, I'd like to arrange at least something. As I say I'm quite close, I'm at B on the map...
Attached images
nuneaton.png
Sadly I won't have the chance to be there at the time you are there, so we'll have to take a bar brawl a other time :`(
Har har, I've sneaked in!
Dear diary (diarrhea :-)

English is funny. All the high and narrow trucks, the stupid colour on many cars, the people in fiats driving 30 mph on the M1, the 50 mile long roadworks, the constant big brother watching my every move and so on. All funny but dangerous!
I've arrived at some hotel in solihull, something with a G. I can't really remember the name of the place I'll be staying for the whole week. Partly because I've been driving for much too long, partly because I drank one of the 6 fine bavarian Bockbeers I've brought to impress my friends. Maybe because of both. GABLES it is! google is my friend.

So I'll start building up the rig tomorrow at 4, can't tell you how long it'll take. From tuesday to sunday I'll be working from 9 to 6, so we've got plenty of time to fiesta!

greetz for now

der drunk and tired butz
Dear diarö,

set up the simulator today, people on the stand are a nice bunch of blokes as expected. I got a bit nervous when I saw how much stuff they've put onto the shelves, I wanted to load half of the laptops at the stand into my car, drive off and sell them all on ebay.

Then Becky came for a visit, was a funny evening! I got indian food and pencils!!! And she likes Group C plastic top prototype cars! YAY! Too bad Kelvin couldn't come visit, but who knows. I'm here for a whole week.

greetz

der butz, who has only 2 beers left :-)

(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG