The online racing simulator
#1 - SSNET
Driving Force GT... a good beginers wheel?
Hello
I new to all this. I have a PC running Win7.
Is the Logitech Driving Force GT a good wheel to start out with?

The Win7 compatibility list seems quite small. Are there other wheels
that will work that are better?

Thank You
I've had no problems with mine on Win7, so I guess it should be fine.
Yes it good but if you can, better go for something that have H shifter and clutch.
Racing without rev matching and heel and toe its not the same, and without clutch you are limited in drifting techniques.

After DFGT i think its logitech G27 with clutch and H shifter that is often being recommended and there are quite a few wheels that are considered good so in the end you are limited by your budget.
As a starting wheel, I personally advise to start with the DFGT. I have one right in front of me (right now), and I have no complaints, aside from the clutch and H-shifter. I'm fine without them, but I think they'd provide the best experience.

Start with what you can afford (or if you want to play it safe), go with the DFGT.
The main con of DFGT is the noise it makes, plus its slow force feedback.

Add to that, the pedals quality, the clutch, etc, and try to guess what feets better your needs. It's up to you decide if these thing are worth the overprice of a G27 (or second hand G25, if there is still anyone).
I can't recommend what wheel would be the best choice, but i bought DFGT because its cheap.

The shifter stick is boring in DFGT.
Quote from Whiskey :The main con of DFGT is the noise it makes, plus its slow force feedback.

True about noises it is pretty loud at least at the very beginning (Not sure either noises quite down later or I am just getting used to it)
About FFB I cant say I have first hand experience with other wheels but I remember watching vid on youtube where DFP, DFGT and G27 were placed one next to another and tested.
Force Feedback in DFP was noticeably slower but DFGT and G27 had similar times and strength of FFB.

I disagree with opinion that it is better to buy DFGT for a beginning as a starter wheel because:
Well lets be honest you dont buy wheel only for a beginning, DFGT its not cheap (at least not for me) so if you buy DFGT and then decide to go for G27 (for example), you will lose part of money you spend on DFGT even if you sell it later.
If DFGT its the most you can afford, it definetelly will be worth you money but if you can afford something better and you are into simracing then go for something with clutch and shifter.
I have selfmade clutch and currently I am making H shifter for DFGT but I have to say that clutch and shifter makes a difference and If I knew earlier how great the difference would be I would go for something with clutch and shifter from the very beginning.
DFGT is cheap and good wheel but has very bad pedals. Gear stick is great fro handbreaking.
Good for start, but you can buy G25/27 now and be happy for
longer period of time
g25/27 are more affordable, but dfgt is god also you just drve it a litle moe aggressively then the others due to lack of clutch
DFGT is perfect wheel, building H-shifter and clutch now.
I just need a job so I can build the Clutch pedal and h-shifter. D:
Especially for a realistic racing game like LFS I suggest you buy a good wheel like G25 or G27. Even if it costs a bit more, you'll be more pleased with it than with DFGT or other cheaper wheels. If you're low on budget, you can get one on ebay.

Should you in any case figure out sim racing is not for you, you'll still have a good chance of getting it sold since good wheels are more popular than these cheap ones. In other case, the G2* is something you'll enjoy for years.
i love mine, im using one of my old pedals as a clutch and its great!
Also upgraded from vista to 7 and had no problems
i need an advice, if i buy a wheel which have everything like H shifter,peddles etc but no cluch, then how will be racing and effects of no clutch on tyres????????? specialy in single seater like BF1, is there any use of clucth?????????
Quote from Laster :i need an advice, if i buy a wheel which have everything like H shifter,peddles etc but no cluch, then how will be racing and effects of no clutch on tyres????????? specialy in single seater like BF1, is there any use of clucth?????????

how can you drive bf1 if you're a demo racer? :bananadea:bananadea:bananadea:bananadea:bananadea:bananadea
Quote from Omar1 :how can you drive bf1 if you're a demo racer? :bananadea:bananadea:bananadea:bananadea:bananadea:bananadea

dumfuq he did not say he drives bf1..

he asking what affect no clutch has on single seat cars
Quote from Omar1 :how can you drive bf1 if you're a demo racer? :bananadea:bananadea:bananadea:bananadea:bananadea:bananadea

My friends have S2 licence and when i sit at there, pc did not say to me that u r Demo racer,don't drive Bf1
Quote from Franky.S :dumfuq he did not say he drives bf1..

he asking what affect no clutch has on single seat cars

let him be investigator

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG