The online racing simulator
A Ferrari in LFS 0.6B?
(51 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Bmxtwins :Or you can buy LFS S2 and use the ferrari-ish car

http://www.lfs.net/?page=contents&car=fz50

I think it is much closer to porsche than to ferrari but as long as it doesnt have exact chassis, engine, gearbox, weight it is pointless to talk about it as it was the same car...
I personally dont give a damn about the looks of the car... lfs isnt about driving a ferrari, porsche or lambo...it is about the realness...
Quote from Rhama :What is this thread all about ? VOB mods
Why are people not banned yet if discussion is forbidden ?
Why is the thread still open ?

Just read again, the point of the rules is not to forbid discussion, but promotion, and there most of you seem they can't grasp the thing and put all of it in the same bag.
u react like sheeps, and then u come to post ugly statements : "its is forbidden to discuss".... Comon read it again, this gives the forum a really foul smell.

Thats wrong and bad seeds.
And its astonishing no one sees that OMG what are you ?

My share of freedom of speech for today:

Shut up and die. You're annoying.
First of all, I don't even like car mods for LFS. You just get a new body, new wheels blah blah... but what about the car physics? LFS is purely for HOW YOU DRIVE and not WHAT YOU DRIVE. And the cars which you get by default are based on real cars but with custom physics. So, what's the point of modding? If anybody wants to drive Ferraris or Lamborghinis, why just you don't play unrealistic NFS?? :P Was just my thought regarding car mods..

Regards,
Saurabh.
Quote from ATHome :My share of freedom of speech for today:

Agreed!
Quote from athome :my share of freedom of speech for today:

+1
Quote from athome :my share of freedom of speech for today:

+1
Why all the [passive] aggression over somebody raising a debate? Whether you agree with their point of view or not, the reaction given here is exactly what 5haz highlighted in his last post.

How quickly we all forget.
-
(-.Ryan.Cooper.-) DELETED by -.Ryan.Cooper.-
Quote from Becky Rose :Why all the [passive] aggression over somebody raising a debate? Whether you agree with their point of view or not, the reaction given here is exactly what 5haz highlighted in his last post.

How quickly we all forget.

Though your point is valid, that certain poster is not up for a civilized debate. He starts every debate with a agressive tone towards anyone who disagrees. His previous posts have shown that his views are rather unbreakable and he decides to take path of the extremes when defendig his grounds. This kind of behaviour is common for trolls - just for laughs, but he seems to stay dead serious on every subject...wich is rather odd....
But that's just my impression according to his previous posts.
And it's a speedhack cheater promoting his own work.

*fire set... runs away quickly*
if im not say i use car mod nobody can know thats for sure ..so the car mods are not a probrlem ...my all cars are mods...so u see my cars like ur cars and i see ur cars like my cars
Quote from Mysho :... but physics can't be done at 'home'. you have to get the data from real models ...

Our devs definitely do the best real-life testing to make realistic dynamic models. Scawen jumps into a OW for the first time in his life, learn to handle it within a few hours, and they release the "official" F-BMW sim.

I'm happy with what LFS is like now, but I have to say that assuming our devs to be the best physics testing/modeling team out there doesn't make an sense.
Some of you may be "amused" by the fact that despite introducing the vob mod protection one can still use them online. I don't see any harm in using mods as long as no mod related media is posted here. Flamewars and insults are worse than mods tbh.
Quote from nikec :Some of you may be "amused" by the fact that despite introducing the vob mod protection one can still use them online. I don't see any harm in using mods as long as no mod related media is posted here. Flamewars and insults are worse than mods tbh.

If the VOB mod doesn't alter physics, maybe.

I remember reading some posts saying that only physics-edited VOBs are technically banned now, but I can't confirm.

Still, this is the devs' game, and they have the right to make whatever rule they like. If they don't want people to change car shapes in THEIR WORK, just don't do it.
Quote from cargame.nl :And it's a speedhack cheater promoting his own work.

*fire set... runs away quickly*

stop crying like a little baby you just mad because you can't handle a more powerful car

I love this so called hacking. And I have my own server for it. I don't know how the hell it touches you when you don't have to visit the server.
Quote from pako_customize :if im not say i use car mod nobody can know thats for sure ..so the car mods are not a probrlem ...my all cars are mods...so u see my cars like ur cars and i see ur cars like my cars

Oh really? :sadbanana
Quote from Keling :
I remember reading some posts saying that only physics-edited VOBs are technically banned now, but I can't confirm.

The thing is there is an alternative way of creating modifications based on Python which allows altering the shape as well as the collision structure of a vehicle while maintaining the online compatibility. This one might lead to far more multiplayer issues than the currently prohibited mods, which in fact don't cause collision alteration. Anyway, mods shouldn't be an issue since they aren't supported by the dev team, which makes them virtually nonexistent for the majority of new gamers, excluding the fact that a simple "live for speed" google search returns tons of vob mod results.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :I don't know how the hell it touches you when you don't have to visit the server.

It's promotion of leaving the standards, it leads to diversion.

You don't want that in a game with low amount of daily players.

Thats also a reason why its prohibited to talk about here.

Quote from Tomba(FIN) :you just mad because you can't handle a more powerful car

Lol. Saying that to someone who owned a Porsche and Supra and joined many street races when it still was pretty unknown 10 years ago.

Nice one
Quote from cargame.nl :It's promotion of leaving the standards, it leads to diversion.

You don't want that in a game with low amount of daily players.

YOU don't want, I do and so do many others

Tweaking servers are just as much leaving the standards as your server with the stupid class system, or cruise servers.

Quote from cargame.nl :
Lol. Saying that to someone who owned a Porsche and Supra and joined many street races when it still was pretty unknown 10 years ago.

Nice one

badass.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :
Tweaking servers are just as much leaving the standards as your server with the stupid class system, or cruise servers.

No.. Sorry...

Modifying system files is breaking copyrights laws and it's just unsupported by the original creators.

To have a different spot (/modified=yes) is one thing... Actually promoting it by showing off on a /modified=no server is something completely different.

I don't understand the discussion anyway, the rules say it's not allowed, period.

Btw, saturday evenings and GP sundays are single class. Catch you there!
:doh:
Though i've never used a tweak myself i'm pretty sure it is allowed, or it was at least....correct me if i'm wrong.
how in the lord's name is this thread still here
Quote from -NightFly- :Though i've never used a tweak myself i'm pretty sure it is allowed, or it was at least....correct me if i'm wrong.

It has always been allowed, there was problem with releasing the tweaks in here lfsforum because of the demo restricting etc, not every tweak had it.

cargame.nl is too new to lfs to even know shit about shit. Tweak has always been there.
This thread is closed

A Ferrari in LFS 0.6B?
(51 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG