The online racing simulator
#51 - CSF
Some lap from Kimi!
Go Mercs
Lots of front-wheel lock-ups. Kimi even went on three wheels at one point.

EDIT:

McLaren lock-out again. Schumacher on row two, again! Good showing from Kimi.

But WTF Vettel? On hard tyres (according to graphic and Autosport live commentary)?!!!!
Yay! Another front-row lockout.

Schumi looking quick as well. Tomorrow should be good.
#55 - CSF
Rosberg fails again. Can't even out qualify old man river anymore...
What's that? Maldonado off the track?
Quote from CSF :Rosberg fails again. Can't even out qualify old man river anymore...

Yeah, I'm kinda glad. But I'm sad to see him so down the order. Couldn't he went to pits for new set of tires after lockup and then mid sector fail... he had time. We could argue it's bad for race strategy, but it is even worse to start 7th or so.
I sure hope that Schumi has a rocket start.
Lol, Alonso's attempt to hide his eyebrows with sunglasses.
Schumi & Kimi fan, but damn those Mclarens do earn it. If only for their sexy nose and Button his amazing racing and passing last year.

Great season start though, seems like we'll actually get a WDC battle and some Lotus & Merc (& Williams?) able to snatch away valuable points and podia!
I am undecided about whether the hard tyre is a good or bad option for Vettel.

You would expect him to take a little pain off the start, but then probably be able to hold whatever position he has. He will be able to run a few laps longer, but once the other drivers pit and take fresh primes they will be a lot quicker, so I can't see any benefit there as they get the undercut. Three plus points for him:
  • Staying out longer will maximise opportunities if it starts dry and gets wet later, as if it rains in a small window he could pit first time for inters whilst the others stop first for new primes and again in response to the weather
  • Staying out longer means he will have more opportunity to gain a big enough gap to the midfield prime runners so he can get in and out and retain track position.
  • He should be mega in the last stint - but will it be too late? Will he have the straine speed to make up places?
Watch how he will still get a better start then webber.
Will be interesting to see Schummy and Hammy going into T1 with Buttocks in the middle. Maybe Lewis has found his new soulmate for this season?
Dirty side in malaysia is pretty horrid for starts in recent memory.
michael has a shot at winning this race, he has to pass the maccas and hold them up with his straight line speed advantage.
Quote from el pibe :michael has a shot at winning this race,.

Keep your hopes up why don't you. He did a nice Q lap but we know only McLaren right now can match close to their Q pace in the race. Mercedes will fall off in the race just like they did last season, and the season before that.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :I am undecided about whether the hard tyre is a good or bad option for Vettel.

You would expect him to take a little pain off the start, but then probably be able to hold whatever position he has. He will be able to run a few laps longer, but once the other drivers pit and take fresh primes they will be a lot quicker, so I can't see any benefit there as they get the undercut. Three plus points for him:

Long run down to T1, I expect him to have a slow get away and be about 8th by the end of the lap. Schumi will have a chance at the McLarens on lap one, and we can't really write the Merc's off as Rosberg is statistically bad at races (from memory) and Schumi of course is good in races. So we shall see, but it would be great to see Michael on the podium.

Hoping Webber will have a better start than last time, and Button will probably have an awful get away from that dirty side of the track.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :I am undecided about whether the hard tyre is a good or bad option for Vettel.

Also, if they start dry, but it rains hard late, the other drivers won't need to use their hard tyres. Whereas Vettel will have already gotten his out of the way.
2nd place in GP2 race 1 won the charge to T1 easily. As they diagonal the straight it's not as clear cut as say Silverstone or Hungary.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :2nd place in GP2 race 1 won the charge to T1 easily. As they diagonal the straight it's not as clear cut as say Silverstone or Hungary.

yea but valsechhi made the worst start ever (like half the gp2 field)
lotus is on fire !

I was pretty convinced last race Lotus was in between Mclaren and Redbulls pace and its pretty much confirmed in Malaysia, Kimi made a few mistakes in hes qualiy lap yet was pretty much in the group.

I got a feeling if Kimi can get a good start he can at least get into the fight with the bulls.
Podium for Schumi would be cool, but unfortunately the Merc is still crap on tyres. I think he'll finish around 4-5 in case the car lasts...
Also, I expect Button beating Hamilton again, he's actually good at tyre management. Another win for him would be nice.
Thunderstorm coming up hopefully we can get a fun race
Hopefully the race won't be ran behind the safety car for too long..
someone could have put the medium tire come on!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG