The online racing simulator
How to get a decent Chase Cam?
I'm fairly interested in how to setup a proper Chase Cam. I saw a few videos of people drifting using these, where the camera is simply following the car and the car banks around but the camera doesnt.

To explain this properly, I need a video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... MSobM&feature=related

This is the kind of effect im looking for. Dont really understand how he managed to get that cam. It may well be a hack or whatnot but its worht a shot.

I managed to make a fairly realistic incar view, but this eludes me 0.0

And I will be getting A license soon, game has really started to catch my attention and I want that XRT.
#2 - Danas
Hey, so you go ingame and while your in follow view go to options/views/and on "fixed on forward axis" select no. Problem solved hope you get S2 soon.
Thank you

That fixed the problem. I cant believe its THAT brutally simple.... :P

Thanks and I will get S2, but first I want to go through S1 and slowly get used to having more power under wheels - just tried the camera and my driving (or setup) was appalling in chase view. I need more practice.

Any tips on setting up the mouse btw?
#4 - Danas
http://imgur.com/1psLt
This is my mouse settings. If you want to just drift i dont know what view is better but if you want to race you must be from the inside view because that is more precise and accurate. I can tell you that probably no one races in S2 with the follow view, no one up front atleast i know
Actaully I drift much better on the inside view... Oddly enough, its because I can see where im going (camera turns with me steering) and I can kind of see where wheels are pointing judging the steering wheel.

Thanks anyway, i tried those and I found these okay but not to my taste, I jsut cant drive in chase like i used to anymore

Well at least i gained a cool new camera to fail with

And check theese out:

This is the sound i made for the XFG, it has a lot of bass and sounds pretty decent I think.

Thanks for your help mate Appreciate it
Welcome to the community.

There should be need to feel ashamed for appalling driving with chase cam. 98%+ of the people here don't drive seriously using that view.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG