The online racing simulator
PHP migrates to Git
Quote from PHP Website :PHP migrates to Git

The migration of the PHP source code from Subversion to Git is complete. You can clone or fork the source from our GitHub mirror, and we also now support pull requests made via GitHub. The source is also available via git.php.net, and full instructions on cloning the php-src tree can be found at php.net/git.

One immediate benefit is that future PHP release tags will be signed by the PHP development team. We will be releasing GPG keys for verification purposes in the next few days.

More information on the migration and the new workflow can be found at the Moving to Git FAQ on the PHP Wiki.

Please note that the PHP manual, including translations, continues to be hosted in Subversion for the time being and will be migrated to Git at a later date.

Many thanks to David Soria Parra for his hard work on making the conversion to Git a reality, and to Alexander Moskaliov, Florian Anderiasch and Johannes Schlüter for their work on the scripts required to support the conversion. Let the forking begin!

I'd like to welcome PHP to the party! PRISM was using git before it was cool tho .
Mhahaha
#3 - PoVo
Same poop, different letters.
Git is actually pretty awesome, it makes branching, patching and submitting patches extremely easy. A well set up git environment can create, format and email a patch to developers in one command.
Quote from MadCatX :Git is actually pretty awesome, it makes branching, patching and submitting patches extremely easy. A well set up git environment can create, format and email a patch to developers in one command.

Yep, we love it here! I tried using SVN back in 2004, but like Linus said, it did things to my source code, and I found that unacceptable.
Yeah I don't like the way SVN does handles merges, I've noticed that a lot of the clients I work for try to avoid them ever happening.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Yeah I don't like the way SVN does handles merges, I've noticed that a lot of the clients I work for try to avoid them ever happening.

Yeah, no kidding.

Quote from Linus :How many of you have really done a branch and ever merged it in CVS.

Good Job.

I mean, it wasn't everybody, but it was actually more than I expected.

How many of you enjoyed the experience?

Ooh, ok. So there were a couple.

But, but it is considered hard.

In CVS, when you merge a branch, I've done it as little as possible, but I've had to do it.

What you do is, plan ahead for a week, and then you basiclly set aside one day for doing it.

Am I wrong?

I don't see a lot of people saying "No it was easy, I liked it."

#8 - PoVo
Hmm... I'll check it out later. I've always used SVN for private code projects.
Quote from PoVo :Hmm... I'll check it out later. I've always used SVN for private code projects.

Good on ya mate. It will change your world on how easy it is compared to SVN. Once you remember over the command line that is.
Has nobody ever produced a GUI front end for it?

That's the one thing I do like about SVN - applications like Versions. Although you really need apps like that with SVN!
Windows come with a GUI front end, but I never use it. I did not even install the GUI for git on my linux box. I'm pretty sure the MAC as a GUI as well, as the official build now has a GUI.
#12 - PoVo
Set up my Git repo. Learned all the useful commands, realised it has a GUI

PHP migrates to Git
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG