The online racing simulator
Blue screen while in Dual Channel mode
Hi everyone.

I recently build a new computer for the first time, and I am having trouble with my rams in dual channel mode. When I was installing Win7 for the first time, I kept getting blue screen in the middle of the installation process. I read on the internet that it might be a faulty ram, so I took one of the rams out and left it as 4gb.

Then I switched the ram to make sure its a ram issue, but it turns out the other ram just fine. When I put both ram back in, the blue screens came back (can't even get to the login screen). Is it a faulty motherboard or is there anything I can do?

Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3
PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750W
RAM: Kingston HyperX 8Gb (4gbx2) DDr3 1600
CPU: i5 2500K

Thanks
I had the same issue at one point. First, run memtest86 and post the results here (either no errors or some errors will be detected). If some errors are detected then it's a RAM issue. It could be that you're not running the RAM at the correct voltage (this was the case for me). Usually, for aftermarket RAM such as yours, it says a voltage on the modules themselves which is different from the default BIOS voltage. Go into your BIOS and set the voltage to whatever the value is on your RAM. Also make sure the timings are the same as it says on your RAM. If you do these two things, it should not give any errors in memtest86, and you won't get a blue screen anymore.
Okay I'll give that a go when I am free.

Btw I just got an warning from the ASUS software that came with the motherboard. Is this something I need to be worried about?

http://i.imgur.com/rHdsA.jpg
Uhhh yea that looks like a problem, the 3.3V rail should not be at 4V lol, it should be around 3.3V. Go to the BIOS and see what's going on in there. The BIOS should have its own hardware monitor feature, go in there and take a look at the voltages.

Blue screen while in Dual Channel mode
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG