The online racing simulator
When is CTRA coming back to LFS?
(31 posts, started )
When is CTRA coming back to LFS?
Ok! enough is enough. When are Sam and Becky bringing CTRA back to LFS???

FFS I have been sitting at the start grid for over 3 years now and my tyres have worn down due to erosion! Someone said CTRA would be back in a few weeks but to be honest my patience is getting thinner by the second. I've been eyeing up mariokart and if CTRA doesn't start soon I may have to jump ship! i want that platinum licence!

Oh and has anyone seen a Moose in a car? easily noticable as he's likely to be spun off track. And if you have does the F%gg*t still have long hair?

LFS was my first love and will be my last....well until I finish this bottle of Black Grouse....tastes the same as the standard shit to be honest but meh!
Sadly I don't think we will ever see CTRA again, it just were too much work for the involved people.
There are some great systems up running now, alltho CTRA was the king.
Airo or what it is called, is also a great system
Good to see your still here The Very End. I've not logged on to LFS for a while.
I've been excited about having it back also. But I'll have to disappoint you. There wont be.
Oh I am still around From time to time online, but mostly just online on the forum to collect infractions from Eric and stirr up the mood

For your information the rallypack has not yet been released, and as someone stated it "There was a new progress report a couple months ago. In a nutshell, after three years of testing, Scawen has settled on a round shape for the tyres."
Quote from AlienT. :Someone said CTRA would be back in a few weeks

It isn't.. That name is misused nowadays. CTRA received her fame for the InSim and website system and it's not coming back. Not from the original creators anyway.

If you want to have some good racing you just have to look around very thoroughly and select something you think you like.
hehe cargame I know CTRA will never be back, just thought I'd make a thread as I hadn't been on for a while.

Good to hear your still causing trouble The Very End, keep up the good work mate...lol

The Very End, are you a member of iRacing and what's your real name?
Ah sadly not, while you were gone I joined the army and educated (20. this month I am done!!!) as military firefighter, mainly on airports but also elsewhere where needed, so gaming has not been my main priority.

But, 2012 might be the year when I get back to gaming, and I think I either will give Iracing a try or stay and wait for the S3 shitstickle that is never going to be released

Feel free to bump into me at Facebook / skype or just here, allways fun having a chat with the oldtimers!
Career and earning money is way more important than gaming mate. (Who am i trying to kid! :P)
Haha, well, trying to find a ballance between beeing drunk all the time and working on the career, it seems I actually have managed to find a somewhat good ballance there! ;D

I am not going to ruin your topic, since it bedtime now (going to work a 24-hour stint tomorrow, filled with shitty tasks lol).
I hope to see you more online, and if there is something up - you know where you can contact me

Peace out bastard!
Welcome back!

Lets hope you will stay with us now, and actually start driving again.

Does RSR actually still excist?
Rockclan me old muchar! RSR is going very strong http://www.radicalsonline.com just not in LFS unfortuantely.

I thought you were banned mate? I remember a few years ago buying you a voucher because I felt sorry for you getting a hard time on the forums lol.

you'd better not be cheating on the account i got for you?? lol

Anyway hope your doing fine and glad to see you've stuck with LFS
I am working on a new CTRA and it is about 60% complete.

Alas, I am just kidding :P. I'm working on writing my own game now which is nothing to do with racing cars.
Out of curiosity, didn't you at some sort work on a project called something as Blue... something?
What were the reason for that project beeing stoped Becky?
The new CTRA imsin is AIRIO and the new "like" CTRA servers is Cargame.nl

Go and try it
Quote from The Very End :Out of curiosity, didn't you at some sort work on a project called something as Blue... something?
What were the reason for that project beeing stoped Becky?

I wanted to do a CTRA like system for all server owners, like an LFSWorld on steroids. I think the project was generally a good idea but my heart was not really in it - I need new challenges to interest me rather than rehashing old ones.

LFS isn't the first game I have modded and it may not be the last, and I have written many games myself over the years but I have never written a really big game, it's always been small things, although usually technically quite good and with good gameplay they've always been small or simple. So for me the obvious challenge that remains is something a bit... 'bigger'.

EDIT: Also Ario is really very good and that left me asking the question if it was worth doing a new super-system.
The only thing airio really miss is this page : http://www.raceauthority.com/stats/?licence=MoMo92i

This add some good fun

Anyway Airio is really a great thing, CG S2 is a good public server with some good driver on each class so you can have really lot of fun there
Quote from Becky Rose :I wanted to do a CTRA like system for all server owners, like an LFSWorld on steroids. I think the project was generally a good idea but my heart was not really in it - I need new challenges to interest me rather than rehashing old ones.

LFS isn't the first game I have modded and it may not be the last, and I have written many games myself over the years but I have never written a really big game, it's always been small things, although usually technically quite good and with good gameplay they've always been small or simple. So for me the obvious challenge that remains is something a bit... 'bigger'.

EDIT: Also Ario is really very good and that left me asking the question if it was worth doing a new super-system.

Thanks for clearing it out
Also, tho a bit off topic, keep me/others updated about your small projects! I allways find it funny to try out indie (right spelled) projects and games.
ctra coming back is the only hope for proper racing in lfs. this thread got my wishes up for a second...
Quote from The Very End :Thanks for clearing it out
Also, tho a bit off topic, keep me/others updated about your small projects! I allways find it funny to try out indie (right spelled) projects and games.

This image is still the most recent release from my current project. I can't really show you much more because the current work isn't really visual - but it is happening, I only get to work on it about 6 hours a week so progress isn't stellar. It's still all very early stages.
Quote from Becky Rose :This image is still the most recent release from my current project. I can't really show you much more because the current work isn't really visual - but it is happening, I only get to work on it about 6 hours a week so progress isn't stellar. It's still all very early stages.

Well, still progress
With 6 hours a week work time I could finish an picture in pain on about... 2 years, about the same time Eric would use to create an high-res cockpit, Westhill updates, improved vechicle damage, rallypack ...
Pushing my luck here
We as a community could take over CTRA.
Bring back CTRA! this airio stuff isn't nearly as interesting as CTRA was. Rankings in actual websites and ingame normal charts with visual insim, not just the same "read the rules" box which nobody reads and thats it. It was awesome, and I hope that somebody actually puts the time and effort to bring back the awesomeness, because now Its just not the same quality. Back in the day when you joined CTRA you know there was going to be some serious racing going on, now its just.. one racing server with ALL the classes. its just a mess. There was a need to rank up, so you could race with the better guys on the GTR servers or whatnot and it provoked some decent driving! Honestly, i feel sorry for the people who are buying S2 ATM because when they go online, all they see is 2 drifting servers and 2 racing servers with a decent amount of people online *hopefully*, oh and cruise servers galore. This is embarrasing.
Quote from kruuvi :We as a community could take over CTRA.

It's a noble idea, problem however is that there would be so many opinions and people to take in consideration, it would just end up in a mess
A small team would be best, but the amount of work is immence, so it would require some kind of payment so the people working on it had some kind of motivation to continue.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG