The online racing simulator
2012 Kyoto 250: Practice Session 2
Practice Session 2 for the 5th Annual Kyoto 250 will be the following:

Saturday, 10 March 2012
Qualifying: 45 minute window Starting 17:10 UTC
Race: 55 laps + 2 pace laps (57 total) starting 18:00 UTC

If more than 30 attempt to qualify, the fastest 30 will get through to the race.

Discuss!
If I retire in this race (for example my car got f*cked in lap 20 and i don't want to drive more like +10 laps to leader), will my attendance be shown in entry list. (yeah, i heard that should be at least 2 attends, now i have 1, after that would I be accepted to 250)?
Poor timing for me once again.. Sound fun like always though
Quote from Speed Senna :If I retire in this race (for example my car got f*cked in lap 20 and i don't want to drive more like +10 laps to leader), will my attendance be shown in entry list. (yeah, i heard that should be at least 2 attends, now i have 1, after that would I be accepted to 250)?

It is not that easy to say. If we are convinced by your performance until then, that you understood the rules and act to the principles of this race, then you might get rewarded by getting the credit. However, the chance is higher the longer you are in the race.
Guys what are these two pace laps? It is one with flying start + 1 after end to go to the exit to the pit?
Or something else?

@down
Thank you ;D
Quote from edgee21 :Guys what are these two pace laps? It is one with flying start + 1 after end to go to the exit to the pit?
Or something else?

The first two laps are behind the safety car, the safety car will pull off at the end of lap two, and the race will start with a flying double-file start.

At the end of the race, you are expected to drive yourself to any garage in pitlane in a below race pace, sensible, and safe fashion.

Also, @ Speed Senna - credit is generally awarded to anyone who sticks it out and shows a desire to complete the race no matter what - I do not support a behaviour that indicates to me that the driver may retire from the real race - you should, out of respect for the organizers and your fellow competitors only retire for a legitimate reason such as a personal issue, unfixable techincal issue, or being flipped.
Quote from dekojester :.Also, @ Speed Senna - credit is generally awarded to anyone who sticks it out and shows a desire to complete the race no matter what - I do not support a behaviour that indicates to me that the driver may retire from the real race - you should, out of respect for the organizers and your fellow competitors only retire for a legitimate reason such as a personal issue, unfixable techincal issue, or being flipped.

Yeah, no problem. I really want race, but i'm busy in next week. That's why I asked that question.

I will attend as many sessions as I can Sir
-
(Jettascuba) DELETED by Jettascuba
Hmm, not sure if I'll be there for it...
Hmmm... was so pissed off after been taken out then flipped by that darn barrier, on T1, lap 1 of the practise race, I drove one LSFW hotlap in fury to get rid of my frustrations, well, 47.94 putting me 6th in the hotlap standings... after trying for 3 days to better my 48.00...

Whatever, but Jonathan Palmer, T Falke... your race control is excellent, Jose, hard work - leaving no room for misinterpretation. Good race, wish I've been there...

Better luck to me next time
sorry about that Holmberg
#730 passed 3 cars to the left on the restart on (LFS) lap #47 (time code 54:00)

I beleive that the passing prior to the start finish line even on the outside should be gotten rid of. It was the cause of my incident on this very restart and it creates alot of unstable and dangerous situations.

Well officiated as always though, thanks for the races guys
I can't belive this is practice for one of the most famous races in LFS... Every 2nd driver has to hot his tyres and doesn't care if it is safe for the others... And I'm not talking about the racing.

Maybe I'm too old for this racing style or I don't know.... I can remember better races than this.

It'll be interesting this year...
Quote from Cornys :#730 passed 3 cars to the left on the restart on (LFS) lap #47 (time code 54:00)

I beleive that the passing prior to the start finish line even on the outside should be gotten rid of. It was the cause of my incident on this very restart and it creates alot of unstable and dangerous situations.

Well officiated as always though, thanks for the races guys

also tire warmed illegally on last caution despite being told not to.
Quote from Fast Jarda :I can't belive this is practice for one of the most famous races in LFS... Every 2nd driver has to hot his tyres and doesn't care if it is safe for the others... And I'm not talking about the racing.

Every year of the 5 years I've done this, it starts our rather rubbish, until everyone learns/relearns the deal. The exception was the first year which we won't mention too much of now .

We won't go over the session with a fine-toothed comb, but we'll go over it. Thilo and myself observed the race pretty well, so we already know who to check.

Also, @Kingsburys, I'll show you how to set up a whisper bind to me to talk directly to me if you want to get my attention in future.
Quote from Cornys :#

I agree with you, it helps to create the typical lap 1, turn 1 mayhem whereas the no-passing before the s/f line helps to spread the pack.

Well, I know I am getting too old at 45 for this - being cautious at the beginning of the race didn't help me a lot... but I'll keep on trying...
Quote from dekojester :Every year of the 5 years I've done this, it starts our rather rubbish, until everyone learns/relearns the deal. The exception was the first year which we won't mention too much of now .

We won't go over the session with a fine-toothed comb, but we'll go over it. Thilo and myself observed the race pretty well, so we already know who to check.

Also, @Kingsburys, I'll show you how to set up a whisper bind to me to talk directly to me if you want to get my attention in future.

lol
maybe, we will see how it goes
Quote from Jettascuba :Hmmm... was so pissed off after been taken out then flipped by that darn barrier, on T1, lap 1 of the practise race, I drove one LSFW hotlap in fury to get rid of my frustrations, well, 47.94 putting me 6th in the hotlap standings... after trying for 3 days to better my 48.00...

Whatever, but Jonathan Palmer, T Falke... your race control is excellent, Jose, hard work - leaving no room for misinterpretation. Good race, wish I've been there...

Better luck to me next time

I was like "Deko, what shall I do now? I do have a car infront of my hood!" Be honest: After your flip you did your best to trap me in my little shelter

Quote from Fast Jarda :I can't belive this is practice for one of the most famous races in LFS... Every 2nd driver has to hot his tyres and doesn't care if it is safe for the others... And I'm not talking about the racing.

Maybe I'm too old for this racing style or I don't know.... I can remember better races than this.

It'll be interesting this year...

Believe me or not, but I've seen worse in the recent years. That's why we do have these mandatory practice races. Especially since the decay of lota and the XSCC, there is no real XRT oval landscape, so the racers have an even longer break between two XRT@KY1 races. This also makes it much more important to regulary do theses practice races so you can also get some confidence with racing with your fellow competitors, as you see how they improve and as you get them to know.
Quote from TFalke55 :I was like "Deko, what shall I do now? I do have a car infront of my hood!" Be honest: After your flip you did your best to trap me in my little shelter

Weeellll... actually not, but good idea though , I simply couldn't remember what the rules said about what to do after a flip . So, I was just lying there waiting to be advised about what to do... and not sure what you were trying to do either, encircling my turtled car...

Was darn unlucky to touch that barrier forming your little shelter... just couldn't understand why I flipped, yesterday I was trying my best to flip the car to test its top gear speed, couldn't do it without a ramp..
Quote from Jettascuba :Weeellll... actually not, but good idea though , I simply couldn't remember what the rules said about what to do after a flip . So, I was just lying there waiting to be advised about what to do...

You did the right thing. Ok... normally, I'd have told you that you shall spectate, but I failed to find your name in the list, and when I finally found it, the race should already go "one to green"... But the "do nothing at all until race administration tells you" is the best one, correct and corresponding to the rules
I like the outside pass allowed thing as long as people dont block or overtake before greenflag. Also, racing was good at last few laps. I would like to apologise to car 730, last lap incident was my fault I didnt leave you enough room and sorry for spectate after line I was trying to make sure noone else hit me because force feedback was crazy.
Deko and NDR staff, i didn't get the server PW yet! I couldn't do any of those sessions.
Duh..
I was blocking the outside pass prior to the start on every restart if I thought the person behind me would try it. I never was passed on the outside, but it is just asking to make the first lap dangerous if people don't block it.

The Kyoto 400 didn't have a single instance where competitors crashed going into the first turn after a restart even with our double file restarts due to the no passing until after the start/finish rule. Of course, that is in the XRR with all of it's downforce.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG