The online racing simulator
Quote from thisnameistaken :It's often difficult to tell who are the native English speakers here. Take that statement any way you like.

Is there such a thing as "native English"? after all, the English language takes words from other languages. It's a bit of a mongrel.
Quote from dadge :Is there such a thing as "native English"? after all, the English language takes words from other languages. It's a bit of a mongrel.

He means someone who speaks English as their first language.
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day... some random OT English
I'd say it's alot more than simply this forum community. Sadly, any online communities are succeptible to ill attitude. It's only because people feel they do not have to provide the same respect over the internet as they would interacting in person. I garuntee half of the people conveying unfriendly comments wouldn't have the nerve to do so in person.

This really isn't pointed at anyone, nor by any means does it apply to the majority. I simply find it sad how some find it difficult to show a bit of respect for the fellow community. Think about it - we're simply an extended family. We JOINTLY are the reason why this game is still alive and kicking - so why do some insist on putting down other 'family' members?

Personally, I no longer make threads, post skins, or make videos simply because they never seem to be good enough for the rude people who choose only to reply with negativity and questioning my motives of sharing in the first place (constructive criticism would be an EXCELLENT alternative).

Sad, but it's how the world goes 'round.
The state of this forum?

Well everybody is ready for S3... but some psychological effects have allready taken place... like booredom and desperation...
Quote from Bean0 :He means someone who speaks English as their first language.

I know. Speaking, writing, it's still the same mongrel language. I mean, who are the English to say "use proper English" when there is no such thing?
Quote from Rhama :Momo92i : flags go trashcan, wake up
cargame : ur comments about multimod being the place where hacktivist gather are not acceptable.
if there was the slightiest decent moderation on the forum, your both comments should be removed

so to the state of the forum's "community", ill add :
- nationalism
- terrorist propaganda
- incompetent moderation

and sure enough : seeds grow; thats a fact of nature.

you have made my day
Quote from dadge :I know. Speaking, writing, it's still the same mongrel language. I mean, who are the English to say "use proper English" when there is no such thing?

Use correct English.

Quote from thisnameistaken :It's often difficult to tell who are the native English speakers here. Take that statement any way you like.

its pretty easy to tell with those that cant spell tyre or colour correctly
Quote from Shotglass :its pretty easy to tell with those that cant spell tyre or colour correctly

Ah I'm totally over US English spellings, let them simplify some words if they're too difficult.

It's the pronunciations that irk me. Have you ever heard an American say 'Solder'? Magical disappearing consonants in that one! I've even seen Americans spell it 'Sotter' because they've only heard it spoken and assumed that the 'D' sound is a pair of Ts. Recursive destruction!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Ah I'm totally over US English spellings, let them simplify some words if they're too difficult.

It's the pronunciations that irk me. Have you ever heard an American say 'Solder'? Magical disappearing consonants in that one! I've even seen Americans spell it 'Sotter' because they've only heard it spoken and assumed that the 'D' sound is a pair of Ts. Recursive destruction!

Don't forget the popular one that's coming soon. Saint Pattys day... It's Saint Patrick's (Saint Paddy if you are more the 1/16th Irish)day!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Ah I'm totally over US English spellings, let them simplify some words if they're too difficult.

Yeah that what I always get yelled at for on TS, but normally the example is "aluminum".
Quote from cargame.nl :

But is it really fun.. GT0 (500hp or something?) MOE project and LMP BF1 project also failed.

Yes.

IMO the only problem with this forum is that people sometimes can't accept that people have different opinions to theres...but thats normal on any forum isn't it?
Phil it's twat not twot.
Quote from mcintyrej :Hello friends,

I've been away from this forum for a long time and until I start playing LFS seriously again (not likely) I won't be coming back for good. However every now and then I pop on to see what's going on.

Every time I come on here, I notice one thing. You're all dicks!

This community seriously lacks in any sort of human compassion, any sort of friendly atmosphere - everyone is just trying to get one up over each other and wanting to start arguments so they can win.

I'm not going to type a massive essay as no one will read it but please if you are reading this then consider this.

Be nice.

There's no need to bash people for no reason, there's no need to be rude just because you can - if everyone reading this today makes a conscious effort to be friendly then this community will be a lot better off.

Ciao!

while i agree that there are many idiots here i also got to say that there is also some great guys who try to help others and are always nice.
Quote from bishtop :while i agree that there are many idiots here i also got to say that there is also some great guys who try to help others and are always nice.

You could say it balances out.
Quote from mcintyrej :Hello friends,

Every time I come on here, I notice one thing. You're all dicks!

There's no need to bash people for no reason, there's no need to be rude just because you can - if everyone reading this today makes a conscious effort to be friendly then this community will be a lot better off.

Ciao!

lol. maybe your just getting old mate

Edit: just noticed Kev still hangs around here, I may have to pop back more often as his use rhetoric has always been a bloody good laugh!
Quote from IsaacPrice :Yes.

IMO the only problem with this forum is that people sometimes can't accept that people have different opinions to theres...but thats normal on any forum isn't it?

Tell me about it. I can't post a single statement without being mauled by a bunch of modem freaks.....To sum it up:

.. It's where I'm from isn't it..
Quote from USRacer :

.. It's where I'm from isn't it..

If the way you act and write is common in there, then yes.
All Dicks here? Silly argument. I bet there's plenty of Gerges, Johnnys and Matts too around here!

PS. My opinion is better than yours

The state of this forum community
(96 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG