The online racing simulator
#1 - CSF
GT2WS 2012: Suggestions box
Sup home dawgs?

GT2WS will return in Late April/Early May. We already have the tracks decided upon, and are awaiting teh lfsforum mod man with a sammich to work out dates that don't clash with the upcoming LFSCART season.

We want to keep the key things together for Season 2, so we are not looking to change too much, however if you have any suggestions on how we can improve things for S2, feel free to post away.

I know that someone will suggest a Pro/Am split, and I have had a few thoughts about that. It's a hard thing to think about, but I was thinking that we could base pro/am off last seasons results rather than results based on other series, and base it off teams rather than drivers. Of course I expect the "usual suspects" would probably try to find a way around this, so I'd have to reserve the right to deny certain drivers the chance to have a go in Am.

Also, another idea I had was for a driver championship, a little bit like in LFSCART. As you won't be able to drive for more than 2 teams every season, it might work, but.... I dunno. What do you guys think?

Peace out. (/PMD mode off)
Quote from CSF :Also, another idea I had was for a driver championship, a little bit like in LFSCART. As you won't be able to drive for more than 2 teams every season, it might work, but.... I dunno. What do you guys think?

Peace out. (/PMD mode off)

Sounds good in my opinion.
Yes!!! Was quite sad after sgts end, now I'm happy again

Good idea about pro/am system.
I've secretly tried to do an inofficial Driver's ranking based on the points. I like it, as it somewhat belongs to endurance series nowadays. FIA WEC will have it, for example. And if you do it from the beginning (maybe the one or the other thing might help there as well) I guess it could work out.

All this pro/am discussion, well I think it should be more a subdivision then a split?
#5 - CSF
Yeah, you know what I mean. It will be an all in champ, but some teams will be racing for other "things" as well as an overall champ.
Quote from CSF :It will be an all in champ, but some teams will be racing for other "things" as well as an overall champ.

Brilliant idea.
Le Mans/WEC now has a Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze driver rating system (page 20 in the WEC regs if you want to have a read) - with LMP2 requiring a Silver/Bronze driver and GTE-Am only allowing one Platinum/Gold driver.

And yes to a drivers' championship with a minimum driving time to score points. For the 6 hr races in WEC this is 45m for LMP1/GTE-Pro and 75min for LMP2/GTE-Am. I suppose for 3hr GT2WS races 30m would be fine.
Races going to be on Saturdays again?
#9 - CSF
Probably. For 3+hour races there isn't a better day to be fair.
the pro/am thing is good. but will be based on teams?

if teams then what if a noob like me raced for SR but than a decent guy (joku) raced also?
#11 - CSF
Current Calender ideas:

1. 3h of Blackwood GP Track rev. (BL1R)
2. 3h of Kyoto Grand Touring (KY32)
3. 6h of Fern Bay Black w/ MoE/Boothy Chicane (FE4b)
4. 3h of Westhill International (WE1)
5. 3h of South City Long (SO4)
6. 6h of Aston International (AS62)

or

1. 3h of Blackwood GP Track rev. (BL1R)
2. 3h of Aston International (AS62)
3. 6h of Fern Bay Black w/ MoE/Boothy Chicane (FE4b)
4. 3h of Westhill International (WE1)
5. 3h of South City Long (SO4)
6. 6h of Kyoto Grand Touring (KY32)

FE4
#12 - CSF
Quote from Franky.S :the pro/am thing is good. but will be based on teams?

if teams then what if a noob like me raced for SR but than a decent guy (joku) raced also?

Well I'm thinking that I'd let you guys apply for one or the other. If you guys wanted to go for pro, then you are more than welcome, but if you went Amatuer and chose FXR then I'd probably have to restrict Joku's hours to 1 in a 3 hour race.

If it's another car, he'd probably crash.
Quote from CSF :Well I'm thinking that I'd let you guys apply for one or the other. If you guys wanted to go for pro, then you are more than welcome, but if you went Amatuer and chose FXR then I'd probably have to restrict Joku's hours to 1 in a 3 hour race.

Or then just have 2 teams and drive both classes? I won't drive in amateur ffs

Quote from CSF :If it's another car, he'd probably crash.

True dat
#14 - CSF
Yeah you could do that. Though whatever you it counts to the overall championship.
Quote from CSF :Yeah you could do that. Though whatever you it counts to the overall championship.

wat?
Great I can't wait for this already!!!
#17 - CSF
Quote from CSF :There will be an overall champ too....

oh i see, i dint understand you post thats all.

also people can take my spot if i not driving? some rounds open config
#19 - IMOL
I got question about this driver championship as u wrote in 1st post... Hows it gonna be? Coz there will be always 2/3 drivers for 1 car in race out there ye? So how it would be with points system out there...? <About tracks u choose, the first one = better for me>
Quote from IMOL :I got question about this driver championship as u wrote in 1st post... Hows it gonna be? Coz there will be always 2/3 drivers for 1 car in race out there ye? So how it would be with points system out there...? <About tracks u choose, the first one = better for me>

V8Supercars for example give equal full points to the drivers sharing a car. As co-drivers may change throughout the season, it mostly narrows down to 2 drivers or so for the championship. FIA GT worked also that way when it was doing 2-3h races.

I guess that is the best solution, cause if you start to put certain weight by using drafting time, it could get strange.
My suggestion is that the qualifying will be held by 1 lap hotlapping ...?
#22 - CSF
Quote from TFalke55 :V8Supercars for example give equal full points to the drivers sharing a car. As co-drivers may change throughout the season, it mostly narrows down to 2 drivers or so for the championship. FIA GT worked also that way when it was doing 2-3h races.

I guess that is the best solution, cause if you start to put certain weight by using drafting time, it could get strange.

Yeah something like that is possible.

Quote from Speed Senna :My suggestion is that the qualifying will be held by 1 lap hotlapping ...?

No, the 3 part f1 style quali will remain.
Quote from CSF :No, the 3 part f1 style quali will remain.

Yeah i like that too!

I'm looking forward that our team can maybe join this interesting league (lack of drivers )
Still multiple cars per team?
#25 - CSF
Initially 1 car, but given LFS's state I expect it could become 2 again.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG