The online racing simulator
Quote from Silverracer :I just indicate and fly right past him.

Haha you wish silver, I do enjoy our battles on Cargame, you are a worthy adversary. Hence why I race with a respectful attitude towards you.
Quote from FPVaaron :The techniques I have listed are not for everyone.
My driving style has evolved into what it is today over many years of racing, if you don't like it well then quite frankly I don't care.

Good for you, but don't peddle your "technique" as any kind of expert advice, because it is nothing of the sort.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Good for you, but don't peddle your "technique" as any kind of expert advice, because it is nothing of the sort.

You think I'm an expert? How sweet <3
Quote from FPVaaron :Bad overtaking

Late Braking:
People often make the mistake of excessive late braking to overtake, this never works and it's what I would call bad overtaking, espically when it causes an accident.

lol thats how i usually overtake,and never had a problem.
If i could make a list with all my Overtaking techiniques, would take 3 or more posts...

Lie... But, normally i don't use just use 1 technique, normally i use instinct...
Driver is too cautelous, divebomb...
Driver is too agressive, force a mistake.
"Normal" driver, get him in surprise...

And then it goes...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mqrpvty278

Teehee

EDIT: Also I am notorious by most for my 'never pull back' sort of attitude when it comes to passing, 30% chance of contact when i pass. I am tough. such a badass
Quote from Dennis93 :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mqrpvty278

Teehee

EDIT: Also I am notorious by most for my 'never pull back' sort of attitude when it comes to passing, 30% chance of contact when i pass. I am tough. such a badass

Never pull back doesnt makes you be "more imponent" or more "tough" on track, just increases your chance to crash...

Well. Incorrect.

- of course, in your case, over exagerating whats being said, and not whats meant, my post also means that I have a dark past killing kittens and drowning people in the local river.

I did not say i make unsafe moves, even though almost every pass made in racing is super dangerous because of the stubborn bastard who is being passed will not give up the place without a hard fight.

I go for a gap when i see one, when there is no gap it's simple, go around the outside.
And that's why Dennis is a successful racer online and in real life. If you have to think about overtaking and analyze it then your doing it wrong.
Oh stop it, you :-D
Quote from e2mustang :lol thats how i usually overtake,and never had a problem.

My mistake, I meant excessive late braking.
Quote from FPVaaron :The techniques I have listed are not for everyone.
My driving style has evolved into what it is today over many years of racing, if you don't like it well then quite frankly I don't care.

FPVaaron, having somebody to play with is more important than winning at all cost. If I may make a suggestion. Why do not you place a well visible sticker "OK to bump pass" at the back of your car (LFS and real world). Chances are people will notice and you will get overtaken this way yourself more often. This might help you to rectify your misguided views more quickly.

IMHO friendly and gentlemen-like attitude does help having better time during our fun pass-time activities such as LFS.
#40 - col
Quote from Kristi :I hope I won't ever meet you in a race FPVaaron.

I agree. Wreckers are bad enough, but when they think it's 'good' driving...
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :If you have to think about overtaking and analyze it then your doing it wrong.

Switchback Huh?

Normally i analyze when im aproaching, then just do 1 move to pass...

If the driver is someone who likes do defend, i slow down a bit then get him in surprise...
Quote from FPVaaron :+1

Here's a replay of my racing for those whom are interested. http://www.mediafire.com/?545akipfzkykud0

Hope that the race was good...

EDIT: The mrt's saved the day...
Quote from Si Mclaren :Switchback Huh?

Normally i analyze when im aproaching, then just do 1 move to pass...

If the driver is someone who likes do defend, i slow down a bit then get him in surprise...

Hope that the race was good...

How can you analyze an overtake approaching someone when you don't know what line they'll take and how defensive they'll be? And i don't see your point? You have to think and analyze a switch back? One of the most basic overtaking maneuvers?

That trick won't work with good racers though.
#43 - Jakg
Quote from FPVaaron :Not if excuted properly, ramming some one off the road is bad form, If some one is clearly being a stubbon prick and slowing down your race I don't see any issue with running them wide to get passed.

Surely the sign of a "good racer" is someone who can have a slower laptime but still be in front?

You win based on your position at the end of the race, not based on the quickest lap...

Personally (without contact) I think you should be able to block as much as you like - if the racer behind you really is quicker they will have no problem getting past you.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :How can you analyze an overtake approaching someone when you don't know what line they'll take and how defensive they'll be? And i don't see your point? You have to think and analyze a switch back? One of the most basic overtaking maneuvers?

Quote from Si Mclaren :Normally i don't use just use 1 technique, normally i use instinct...

If they use the inside line, prepare a Switchback, if they brake early to protect inside, brake a little later and be side to side on the straight after, then finish the overtaking...

Most of the people thinks that the manouvers are simple, thats why some drivers like Lewis Hamilton and Michael Schumacher are the best on overtaking and defending...

Just for a example, to Hamilton pass Michael on China 2010, he made a Tow, Took defensive line, made a Switchback and then a hang-out manouver... 4 manouvers in one pass, but to most of people was "just a switchback"...

I watched FPVaaron's race, and saw a lot of times when he could had passed (or tried to pass) the leader, but he was too cautelous...

Im not trying to say that im a badass, just that overtaking/defending is not something so simple as looks...

E:

Quote from Jakg :Personally (without contact) I think you should be able to block as much as you like - if the racer behind you really is quicker they will have no problem getting past you.

Thats why people "hated" me on demo... Imagine 1 car holding a pack of 5 cars 2 seconds faster...
There's no real overtaking in the replay. I'm not sure what point is being made there.
Sorry for double posting
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :How can you analyze an overtake approaching someone when you don't know what line they'll take and how defensive they'll be? And i don't see your point? You have to think and analyze a switch back? One of the most basic overtaking maneuvers?

Worked with my best rival so far...

Also, you are behind the car, how you don't know what line he taken?

Attached 2 replays from my best battles:
Attached files
Awesome race.mpr - 782.2 KB - 130 views
Boa corrida.mpr - 495.1 KB - 118 views
This thread came in to mind today at work.
Honestly I think racing style is a very personal thing, you can't tell anyone exactly how to do it, just what suits you best.

I'll also note that the whole "bump overtake" technique I described is very seldom used by me in an actual race, more a means to get by the occasional moron we all come across in some public race servers. To be quite honest I thought more people would be inclined to share their techniques rather than argue against the small minority of mine, each to their own I guess.
If I remember racing the OP, and I think I do, then you don't need any advice on overtaking. Assuming the account hasn't changed hands in the last year or so, I still remember battling for top times in the FBM against you, and having some very good and clean races against you.

But my opinion is as long as you pass the opponent without damaging their car, or punting them off the track, then it's a good overtake. If that means banging wheels or block passing, then so be it.
For me, its:

1. No contact.
2. If you dive under braking you must get safely in front BEFORE the apex.
3. Outside of corners is fine, watch the exit.
4. On straight, too easy.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG