The online racing simulator
Red flag and black flag in lfs?
Just thought it would be a good idea if the lfs devs put the red flag and black flag in lfs?
Red flag would only make sense if Safety Car was implemented, and there was a option to disable Shift+S/Shift+P...

Lots of realism, but only for leagues... Anyway, good idea, i would like it...

Black flag doesnt needs so much "rules", 3 Blue flags or driving backward = DQ (Black flag)...
you already can use these flags or any other with Race Control Messages command (/rcm) with insim app or manually
several big leagues already use something like that, NDR events, RN, IGTC, SuperGT... for public racing kicks/bans are more appropriate... Also wrong way driving gets you spectated...
But would be nice if it was implemented
Agree with above.
For example if a certain % of the field crashed in T1 / T2, then race would be red flagged with a autorestart 30 seconds later.
Quote from Si Mclaren :Black flag doesnt needs so much "rules", 3 Blue flags or driving backward = DQ (Black flag)...

This could go awfully wrong - for example someone got lost lap for some reason to 3 drivers,but he is very fast,overtakes each of them,after overtaking car lap ahead you automatically got a blue flag displayed,even if you pull away,after he overtakes 3rd car = automatic DQ,and for what? Being faster than cars lap ahead? BTW,once I got a penalty for similar situation... (stupid Provost)
Quote from The Very End :For example if a certain % of the field crashed in T1 / T2, then race would be red flagged with a autorestart 30 seconds later.

For this you have to create programmable definition of "crashed". Seen some videos of 1st lap in windy conditions,where more than half of field catches grass and spins (and triggers yellow flag to others),while none of them suffers any serious damage not talking about cars rolled,which should be a reason for red flag situation.

I believe red/black flags and their consequent actions still should be left to server/league/event admins to decide as automated they could do more harm then help.
Well, you got a point there. I think it would be difficoult for the system to solve that riddle. Maybe it would be calculated by contacts between cars that resultet to one of the cars beeing yellow flagged. Then again it would need to be some %'s of the start grid.
Imagine a full-grid, multi-class race at a public server on South City with this red-flag and automatic restart thingy...

:nol2: forever restart!

Quote from Eclipsed :I believe red/black flags and their consequent actions still should be left to server/league/event admins to decide as automated they could do more harm then help.

As much of the other functions in LFS - it would have to be optional
On random servers with many people it, as you say, would cause more harm than good.
Quote from Eclipsed :This could go awfully wrong - for example someone got lost lap for some reason to 3 drivers,but he is very fast,overtakes each of them,after overtaking car lap ahead you automatically got a blue flag displayed,even if you pull away,after he overtakes 3rd car = automatic DQ,and for what? Being faster than cars lap ahead? BTW,once I got a penalty for similar situation... (stupid Provost)

3 consecutives Blue Flags...
Quote from Si Mclaren :3 consecutives Blue Flags...

But only if you're driving the F1 car, because that's the only series in the world that has this rule.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG