The online racing simulator
Nokia C6-00 - Micro SD problems
(15 posts, started )
So, I have problems with my MicroSD all the time... If I don't defrag it like once in a month or so it gets so slow I have to format it. But since I defrag it like once a week now, I don't have these problems anymore...

But... You guessed it, new problems appeared.

Here's the deal, if I turn my phone on while my SD is in it, it just restarts no matter if I didn't touch it at all or if I randomly pressed the screen or some buttons. However, if I turn it on when my SD isn't in it, it starts normally and when I put my SD in it, it continues to work normally and I can normally access all the files on the card.

Any ideas?
#2 - Hahmo
Get new mem. card :/
Try using the card on another device. If the problem persists, get a new memory card. Should be quite obvious thing to do..

/thread
Don't turn off your phone. Why you would ever do that?
Quote from E.Reiljans :Don't turn off your phone. Why you would ever do that?

Because my battery lasts like 10h when it's on so I don't have to charge it twice a day, because I don't want it to ring or vibrate all over the place if someone calls me in the middle of the night, because I got used to turning it off every night... I'll edit the post if I remember anything else.
#6 - Mysho
There is nothing to repair with stuff like this imo, you have to test it as someone above mentioned and if it's not working the easiest way is to buy a new one... Micro SDs are hard to repair.
Quote from matijapkc :... because I don't want it to ring or vibrate all over the place if someone calls me in the middle of the night ...

Silent mode is there for a reason. I personally hate when people turn off their phone by the night. What's the purpose of silent mode then?
Quote from BaDumTssh :Silent mode is there for a reason. I personally hate when people turn off their phone by the night. What's the purpose of silent mode then?

My silent mode is on almost all the time, but it still vibrates when it's in silent mode and I'm too lazy to make a profile with vibe off...

OK, thanks for the replies, I'm gonna test it as soon as I get a hold of another device.
doesn't it start even when the card is empty? My Nokia gets in a loop like you described when there are too many files directly on the card, if I put everything in some folders it starts normally could have something todo with the way the phone handles the cards file system, at least thats what some googling told me.
Quote from ACCAkut :doesn't it start even when the card is empty? My Nokia gets in a loop like you described when there are too many files directly on the card, if I put everything in some folders it starts normally could have something todo with the way the phone handles the cards file system, at least thats what some googling told me.

There are 2 files that were made by the phone/apps on the phone and like 10 folders on the card. The only folder I have stuff in is the "sounds" folder and all the music in there is sorted in folders by author, then by album.
But I do have a few apps installed on my card and I don't know how does the phone sees them or are they maybe the problem...
I think the phones ****ed. Its either u installed loads of crapware to make ur battery only last 10 hours vs 350 standby on Nokia site, or its broken inside and causing the crashes anyway.

Also cheap fake mem cards can randomly corrupt or make phones slow.

Even my old N96 lasted roughly 2-3 days between charges with decent use and it was supposed to be terrible on battery.

U installed any Symbian updates from Nokia? I updated my n96 from v13 to v31 Os version about a year ago.
You sure it's a real nokia not a crappy chinese replica?

Anyways, gsmarena says that music play time for it is 30h, standby is 384h and talk time 5-7h(depends on if using 3g or not).
And if you get 10h on standby, then there's really something wrong with the phone.
Some corrupt musicfile could be the cause of the symptoms tho.
You sure it doesn't have any "Media Scanner" type of thing like on android? A corrupt file usually doesn't cause such problems. Have you tried formatting it? If you have, you used FAT16 or FAT32? You should try using the card in another device. If it still doesn't works - get a new one (as i said before). You can also try using another card in your device too (easier to spot if the problem is phone or memcard related).
Just to make it clear, the phone isn't new, I bought it in September 2010.
Also, the card isn't the one that came with the phone, I bought it from a friend, it's a Sandisk 8GB and I'd say it's a class 2 card since it has a number 2 on it.

Quote from Foilpact :I think the phones ****ed. Its either u installed loads of crapware to make ur battery only last 10 hours vs 350 standby on Nokia site, or its broken inside and causing the crashes anyway.

Also cheap fake mem cards can randomly corrupt or make phones slow.

Even my old N96 lasted roughly 2-3 days between charges with decent use and it was supposed to be terrible on battery.

U installed any Symbian updates from Nokia? I updated my n96 from v13 to v31 Os version about a year ago.

Well it would last like 3 or maybe 4 days max if I would only listen to music... I usually don't do much of surfing, but the battery can't stand more than 3 or 4hrs of WLAN.
There were no new updates since I bought the phone... E: But I was reinstalling the software twice, once I had a settings problem and recently I did it because of this card problem.
E: And about crapware, I usually install all the stuff on the phone and not the card and I don't have many apps installed (I delete stuff that is useless) so I think it wouldn't be a problem.

Quote from bmwe30m3 :You sure it's a real nokia not a crappy chinese replica?

Anyways, gsmarena says that music play time for it is 30h, standby is 384h and talk time 5-7h(depends on if using 3g or not).
And if you get 10h on standby, then there's really something wrong with the phone.
Some corrupt musicfile could be the cause of the symptoms tho.

Well, I bought it in a T-Mobile shop, so I guess it should be real.
It's not 10h on standby, it's like I said a bit above in the post, sometimes it's a bit more but usually I have to charge it every day or every two days.
I don't know what would corrupt music files have to do with it since it doesn't check for new music every time I turn it on, but only when I go to the player and do a "new music search".

Quote from BaDumTssh :You sure it doesn't have any "Media Scanner" type of thing like on android? A corrupt file usually doesn't cause such problems. Have you tried formatting it? If you have, you used FAT16 or FAT32? You should try using the card in another device. If it still doesn't works - get a new one (as i said before). You can also try using another card in your device too (easier to spot if the problem is phone or memcard related).

Well, I was formatting the card 2 times already. It's FAT32.
I think I have another card somewhere so I'll check if I can find it.
So, I found an empty SD and put it in and it turned on normally, but it was empty so I expected it to happen. Then I was furious and started deleting every goddamn app that was pre-installed on the phone (which I didn't need) and I deleted almost everything I installed (most of it was on the phone, maybe an app or two installed on the card) and as soon as I deleted all that shit (it was like 10 apps) I noticed the phone being MUCH faster. Then I went for a test and restarted it. Voila! It worked, and I can do stuff with it almost instantly (until now I had to wait like a min or two before I could do anything with the phone...).

Thanks to anyone who tried to help. If someone has similar problems, feel free to bump this thread.
Me, over and out

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG