The online racing simulator
Host Refused Connection - My own Server
Hi, I recently purchased a sever & connected to it once, After about ten seconds it said i had 'lost connection' then when i try to connect now it says 'Host Refused Connection'

I've heard this means i'm banned ? How can i be banned, i'm the sole admin. If i am, how can i unban myself from my server ?

Ste

I've now found out i'm getting banned by the CPW, I've got no hacks/cheats etc on my system so why am i getting banned ? ...
Firstly, welcome to LFS...

It is probable you were banned by your own host as you are the only admin. If you have access to the host on a desktop, you could simply type '/unban [insert username here]'... however, its more important to fix why you got banned. There a message when you got banned, something about 'CPW'? This related to modification you are using with LFS.

If you host banned you automatically it is more than likely you do not have a standard install of lfs and your ban will be for 12 hours only. I would suggest making a backup (zip it or something) of your current install of lfs, removing it 100%, delete any left over files apart from your backup. Now re-install your lfs and try the new install with no modifications made to it. If, after the ban is lifted, you can connect to your host without being banned again, you have your answer.

If you do not have access to your host to unban yourself, you could try registering the host with lfs-remote, this will allow you to administer your host remotely with ease.

To register your host with lfs-remote, you will need to log into lfsworld. You will require the ip, port and password for the host.

"I've got no hacks/cheats" Just to clear this up, any modification to the original install could cause this issue. Many times people have replaced the original car models assuming that the sim will still run fine, but still get a CPW ban. As much as you may not be cheating or hacking, you may still have a file in your install that could cause this issue.
Stephen- it is most likely either a mod on the server or something local. I recommend reinstalling your local game (backup your settings first)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG