The online racing simulator
Fer the X-gen 80s'
(15 posts, started )
Fer the X-gen 80s'
o wow thanks man, im spend in the past many hours play this game
(bad english)
Ah Geoff Crammond. Pretty much started the arse-aching-attention-to-detail-simracing genre we so take for granted these days.

I had vague intentions of recreating the tracks for rFactor a few years ago.

That 'Weee-ow!' sound as your wheels leave the ground... and the creaking under g-force...
I only played it on the Archimedes.
This was one of my favourite Amiga games, loved it!
Oh my, many an hour spent playing that on my Amiga 600HD, with it's massive 20 MEGAbyte hard drive!
Hard drive.. all I had was a single floppy drive on my A1000, and 256kB of memory. I was jelly to my neighbour, whose A500 had a mind bending 512kB. Good times, good times.
Hehe, I had a Plus4 before that, but I can't remember any games I played on it...
hehe, friend of mine had one of those. with a handful of games (Walker, F/A-18 Interceptor and Stunt Car Racer I remember)

took ages to load those from all the floppies
Quote from ACCAkut :took ages to load those from all the floppies

I'm old enough to remember having a stack of C90 audio tapes full of pirated games, spending ten minutes seeking through the tape to find the beginning of the game you wanted, then three or four minutes playing the tape while the computer loaded the game.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm old enough to remember having a stack of C90 audio tapes full of pirated games, spending ten minutes seeking through the tape to find the beginning of the game you wanted, then three or four minutes playing the tape while the computer loaded the game.

"Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr BEEP! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr BEEEP! Brrrrrrrrrr... beedlydeedlyeedlydeedlyeedlydeedlyeedly..."
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm old enough to remember having a stack of C90 audio tapes full of pirated games, spending ten minutes seeking through the tape to find the beginning of the game you wanted, then three or four minutes playing the tape while the computer loaded the game.

ZX Spectrum?

5 mins loading a game, only to get the dreaded "R Tape loading error" message

Happy days.
Quote from The Moose :ZX Spectrum?

5 mins loading a game, only to get the dreaded "R Tape loading error" message

Happy days.

Yarr. Kids today have probably never spent an hour spooling crinkled tape back into a cassette with a biro after it all flooded out and tied itself in knots inside the player.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Yarr. Kids today have probably never spent an hour spooling crinkled tape back into a cassette with a biro after it all flooded out and tied itself in knots inside the player.

Attached images
833380839.jpg
I saw a telly thing where they gave a bunch of kids original Walkmans for a week instead of their mp3 players. One of them worked out you could turn the tape over and there was more music on the other side.

Fer the X-gen 80s'
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG