The online racing simulator
Low FPS while recording
(18 posts, started )
Low FPS while recording
when im recording, with fraps i always get like 17-20 fps in lfs. but when im not recording i have 80+fps. eny tips?

edit:
my pc spec, if needed.

motherboard: Asus A8N5X
Processor: AMD 64 3700+ 2.2ghz
graphic card: ATi radeon x850xt
sound card: sound blaster audigy 2
RaM: 1,5 gb ram
#2 - Jakg
hmm... thats a fairly decent CPU, an ok GFX card... the main bottleneck when recording is the HDD, what do you have?

And what speed memory is that, and how MANY sticks do you have? AMD's really prefer 2 sticks (dual channel mode), 3 sticks are a pain, and a lot of the time not worth it, and 4 overloads the controllers and it lowers the speed of them
#3 - Bean0
Your spec is pretty similar to mine, probably a tad better in fact.

I can record at 800x600 32bit, full size, 25fps with 4xAA and AF. I cap the fps in LFS to avoid skipping frames and have Fraps save to a different physical drive than XP and LFS.
i have 2 HDD one on 40gb pretty old, and one on 200gb think both har on 7000rpm, i have 3 memory sticks 3x512mb. i have been recording on the disk where Xp is installed.
What HDD cache u have ?
#6 - Jakg
Quote from Smurfen :i have 2 HDD one on 40gb pretty old, and one on 200gb think both har on 7000rpm, i have 3 memory sticks 3x512mb. i have been recording on the disk where Xp is installed.

not size, specs, ie ATA, RPM, Cache, etc
that i dont know exactly, cant be bothered opening my computer now. but i will try out diff things. thanks for the tips. Gonna buy a new HDD soon anyways.
#8 - Davo
WHat resolution are you recording at? It won't work at ther same res that you play the game at, you need to lower it to 800x600 and try 16 bit mode. Reocrd to the other drive instead of your windows drive. Also limit your fps in LFS to 62 so you free up some processor time and try recording in windowed mode.
Quote from Davo :WHat resolution are you recording at? It won't work at ther same res that you play the game at, you need to lower it to 800x600 and try 16 bit mode. Reocrd to the other drive instead of your windows drive. Also limit your fps in LFS to 62 so you free up some processor time and try recording in windowed mode.

never done that, been recording @ 1024x768 32bit, but i have limited my fps to 30 when recording thanks for the tips
i have low fps on

Intel Celeron D 3.2ghz

Windows XP HE SP2

512mb ram

160GB Hard Drive

1024x768 32bit 75hz
#11 - Jakg
What graphics card do you have?
annoying intergrated graphics
#13 - Jakg
Unsuprsing - your pc isn't very good, and using fraps won't help
The fps rate while recording the game is always much lower than that in normal gaming.

It depends on CPU-RAM-HDD …not that much on the vga card which that has to do with the overall gaming performance.

Also it depends on the resolution - color depth you are recording.

Tips on recording are here… http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=219
Even recording in 15fps you can make a descent movie.

Btw any Celeron is not enough for video capture at all…
Quote from kaynd :Btw any Celeron is not enough for video capture at all…

I've got a celeron, captures video just fine.
Bump!
I get 12fps when recording with fraps. On other games I can record perfectly normal.

Rig:
sabertooth p67
i5 2500k
gtx560ti
4x2gb of hyperx 1600mhz cl9

I have no clue what the problem could be. With my old rig recording worked just fine on the same hard drives so they shouldn't be the trouble. I'd be very pleased if someone found solution for me. Thanks!
I have the same problem, but I just don't know why.
PC specs:
MBo: Intel H67 USB-3
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 4.00 GHz
RAM: 8 GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz
GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti GDDR5 1GB @ Stock speed
HDD: 1TB WD 7200RP/M
PSU: 600W Corsair

It's so annoying, that I'm recording on 1080p in Assassin's Creed, with 60+ FPS, and when I turn Fraps on while playing LFS, and start recording, it decreases dramatically.... about 10FPS...
Tried to take down anti aliasing, and the sky drawing to 16 bit, but it makes only 5 FPS difference between the two settings...
Have you tried recording from any other "old" DirectX 8.1 games to see if it is the older graphics API causing this issue?

I.e. Freelancer, Black and White, CS 1.6, the old Ghost Recon series, etc.

Low FPS while recording
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG