The online racing simulator
#51 - IMOL
Quote from S.E.T.H :
if they are not using, (even if somebody is using) it should be removed.

Yyym... Maybe i understand it wrong but... What you say here, is that if im not using "F" in my WRs, then i should remove, or they should be remove from LFSW... Lol??
i really should have gotten myself some popcorn before reading this post

And to the original author: Before you begin questioning the system, how about buying a full license and gaining some experience. THEN we can talk.
How the feck is this thread still open.
Habe die Ehre,

Seth you can't be serious.

The F-view is plainly to see if the car is over/understeering or behaving well on bumps and stuff.
In cockpit view you have the clear advantage of seeing the dashboard moving in relation to the track, so you see where the back end wants to go as well. You will not be able to see this in f/wheel view.

I'm .4 seconds SLOWER in F-view. Prove me wrong. BL on XFG takes roughly 1:36 when in F-view.

Next point would mean you have to get licensed. Then I will set up a race, you against troy, let's say in any car with a H-gearbox. Then you show us your rig (MUST have a clutch and an H-shifter) and troy will stream the race, showing his feet and him racing with you.
You are allowed to drive in F-view, Troy will race you in hardcore manner, no autoclutch, no throttle blip and no sequential shifter.
After he has wiped the floor with your face you may or may not see that it takes so much more than a setup tool view to be quick.

greetz

der butz
Aint we all racing with hud off??
And someone explain me how in world F mode will improve times?
Buy an FFB wheel.
Im still slightly puzzled as to how using forces mode can make you faster anyway?
You must be 100% stupid , how in hell will "force mode" help increase your lap times ????? What you can magically see the ground or is it the crazy bars that move around when you move your wheel around.
Do you even know that track engineer uses forces sensor in practise season?

Btw I won MoE 24hrs in GT2 (MoE aswell which is the best league in LFS) without using it. And I'm track engineer in real life, so stop crying. Btw that mode do not show you exactly tyre load so that's useless for serious racing, but quite usefull to understand a car works.
It does give you a better view of the track, yes but it doesn't make any difference with the top guys who explore the tracks limits to the edge anyway and have been using cockpit view for years, ive tried it myself but after so long using cockpit it didn't feel right. Theres alot of things you can do in lfs that you couldn't do in rl so just get on with it. If you feel more comfortable/faster then use it, if you don't want to then learn the cars paramiters in cockpit mode.

Although IMOL is very fast i think im right in saying (i don't know i've not tried it) that the reason he's getting the edge on some of the WR's he's beaten is due to the tyre warming? Some of the WR's he beat didn't have it. Not saying this in offence imol, still awesome laps which you may beat without tyre warming anyway.
Quote from S.E.T.H :
i'll tell you nothing but what you wrote is not different than what you had written. thats what we call ''same shit, different ass''

OMG watch your mouth! There are children that frequent these forums!
I still don't get it where's the catch with force view?
It gives me what?
Quote from CheerioDM :OMG watch your mouth! There are children that frequent these forums!

lol how artificial you are..

copying my message to have them read again then? why are you not so sensible enough to just write me a message or write in here without a quote of that ''bad word'' ?

those who say;

-i am not using it
-it does not give advantage
-it is not important

and defend the feature to the death showed obviously how they are racing.

if its not giving advantage, and its ONLY for setup research, then you can actually block it on hotlapping & online right?

one guy said it was useful while making a set, ok then, try to make sets offline

the other said it was useful online, because some other players have weak pcs that cant handle the game. hmm, then he should not be against blocking the feature on hotlap mode. after all, you dont have cars in there to lag your computer and you are not working on the set in there.

right?
Quote from TFalke55 :Well, that force view has hardly a use in true online racing, believe me. I've used it three times in 6 years of LFS, those three times only to test something out in singleplayer. It gives you way too less information for my information.

But custom views allow racers using mouse or keyboard to have a chance against drivers with wheel or even simulators. mousers or keyboarders don't feel the forces, they have to see them on the monitor.

I need to say that I used to race with mouse for maybe 1.5 year and I think I can say that I was pretty good with it. Never used other than just regular cockpit but I know many fast drivers use custom view. Its debatable if there is some view that can really help you but I hope so even a FOV change can make you faster from my experience. I dont like custom views. I think its less realistic and also with mouse I just needed to see the wheel. Currently with wheel I dont need it but its better experience to be in cockpit with some high g force head accelerations... But I think those realistic options always cost you some time for your feel.
I can't say I've ever used Shift + F online... when I tried it offline once it made me feel stupid and I lost 4 seconds on my lap times.

You can feel the force on the car for the most part with FFB and a little inferencing anyways
Quote from Cornys :I can't say I've ever used Shift + F online... when I tried it offline once it made me feel stupid and I lost 4 seconds on my lap times.

You can feel the force on the car for the most part with FFB and a little inferencing anyways

ATTENTION:

we are NOT TALKING ABOUT SHIFT+F mode.

we are talking about FORCE MODE. where you only see the car's tires and wheel. activated in game by pressing F
Quote from Chupacabras84 :First of all lap times are:
Knowledge of the track.
Knowledge of the car and its limits.
Your ability to keep car on the perfect race line.
Ability to control throttle and brake.
Your personal setup.
There is tons and tons of things that influence your lap times but transparent car is not one of them.

Beside you said the players can see the road better, even at the speed of 100 km/h if player can see something that he wouldnt be able to see from cockpit its mean there is not time to react to it anyway.
There is nothing you can see in the force mode that will help you to get trough track easier.

Force view is being helpful for some player to raise fps at the start of the grid (Yeah there are some who have that shitty pc's), force view allow players to see forces which is helpful when you making set.
Beside it there is nothing more that will help you or make you a better player.

Unless you can tell me what can you see in this mode that makes it easier for you to win.
There is simply nothing.
Of course it might be not realistic but its a computer game and saying that force view its biggest of its problem its a serious understatement.
Beside if you are going to win do you really care whether losers used force view or not?
Unless you cant win then its a different story.

then you should not be against blocking the feature on HOTLAPPING.

in where you are not making setups and you dont have many cars to lag your pc.
From a different standpoint, we agree it is pretty much useless... and the Devs also agree on it. When do you think the next patch will come out which deletes this feature? 1year? 2years? God knows... It is not important at all so they will not launch a special patch for it.
Quote from S.E.T.H :then you should not be against blocking the feature on HOTLAPPING.

in where you are not making setups and you dont have many cars to lag your pc.

I often edit my set when I'm hotlapping. No reason to waste time and go to single player where you can't use tyre warmers which makes car feel different.
Props for an original rant, in all the years I have been around LFS I don't think anyone has even mentioned force mode let alone claimed that it gave them a speed advantage.

LFS provides functionality to restrict view to cockpit only, it is up to server hosts whether they use it or not.

Case closed.

Really? A speed advantage? I "used the force" by accident a few times when I was new to the game and found it really distracting. I guess I am not Jedi enough.
Quote from Joku123 :I often edit my set when I'm hotlapping. No reason to waste time and go to single player where you can't use tyre warmers which makes car feel different.

too bad for you that you can't simply admit that you are using it when you are hotlapping and when you are racing and killing the realism of the game, getting advantage.

@Becky_Rose, your signature gives me enough information about you. you could just ignore my thread it doesnt really matter what relationship(!) you got with the force mode. players using it and getting advantage + killing the realism. thats what we are talking about. not your own likings.

''i used it and i didnt like it, it really does not give me advantage, nor should it give to any other. so we must keep it because everyone feels, sees, controls like me. if i dont use it and if i dont get any advantage, this means noone is using it and nobody gets advantage''
Quote from S.E.T.H :first of all, i am not even as old in this game, but i'd really like to play race games, i played all the race games you can imagine (almost) ive been playing lfs for a month or two, and i really liked it until i SAW that bullshit force mode. i have never witnessed such weird thing in my life.

1) At least have the decency to buy a license before ripping a 'game' you are clueless about.

2) This is a simulation of real world and as such if gives you the ability to learn from the forces on the car to improve your racing

3) Do a decent (I mean a top 10) hotlap in LFSW before you say a nother word - for that matter, do a hotlap and prove your dribble. BTW, you may use 'F' mode if you so wish (I don't and don't need to and I know there is no advantage in it)

4) Pity you are clueless about the drivers, who replied on this thread, that you are ripping off with your nonsense - like Becky etc etc.
Shift + L
Oh the possibilities of cheating with such amount of information!

There is no advantage being gained focussing on vectors directly in front of you instead of looking ahead... The whole argument is a desperate struggle to explain why you're slow instead of trying to actually get better...
Quote from vourliotis :

OMG! Thats why i am loosing the wrs!
That Joe use it, i am sure.
I am going to beat him right now in every combo.
Brb in minutes. I am going to get few wrs now.
Thanks!!1!!!!11111!!

ROTFLMAO

Go go beat him now that you know his dirty little secret for all the WR's
Quote from Jettascuba :1) At least have the decency to buy a license before ripping a 'game' you are clueless about.

2) This is a simulation of real world and as such if gives you the ability to learn from the forces on the car to improve your racing

3) Do a decent (I mean a top 10) hotlap in LFSW before you say a nother word - for that matter, do a hotlap and prove your dribble. BTW, you may use 'F' mode if you so wish (I don't and don't need to and I know there is no advantage in it)

4) Pity you are clueless about the drivers, who replied on this thread, that you are ripping off with your nonsense - like Becky etc etc.

1-dont get mad, relax
2-i played demo as to get a clue. i'd buy s2, if there was no such mode.
3-games have demo versions as to give us a clue about the game. i wont have more clue when i buy s2 than i have now.

4- ad hominem. attacking me instead talking about the subject

and an example: all of you did it, your arguments are fail. like this;

1 Source S makes claim C.
2 Group G, which is currently viewed negatively by the recipient, also makes claim C.
3 Therefore, source S is viewed by the recipient of the claim as associated to the group G and inherits how negatively viewed it is.

ad hominem examples:

"You can't believe John when he says the proposed policy would help the economy. He doesn't even have a job."
"Candidate Jane's proposal about zoning is ridiculous. She was caught cheating on her taxes in 2003."
"What would Mary know about fixing cars? She is a woman." (an example of Ad feminam)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
Quote from S.E.T.H :too bad for you that you can't simply admit that you are using it when you are hotlapping and when you are racing and killing the realism of the game, getting advantage.

I don't need to use force mode cos I can just use free camera view and drive without those disturbing force bars.

Protip: Hit V to change view
This thread is closed

LFS will NEVER be realistic with Force mode.
(345 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG