The online racing simulator
Vector cars drawing
(81 posts, started )
Klouczech: Ke 130tce nemam vlastni vztah, jako auto pekne ale vzhledem k tomu, ze mam Facko na zavody je mi blizssi... proste jen kreslim auta, ktery se mi libi nebo mam Chystam se ted nakreslit jeste Audi A4 '98 a pak mozna Sileighty.

NonCzech: Not interested in Skoda 130, I'm going to draw Audi A4 '98 and then Sileighty. I would like to try make that Audi in Illustrator to learn it, it's totally different in comparison to InkScape.
This is my rally Škoda Favorit which I'm currently working on in real world. Everything except hood pins is actaully on that car.
Attached images
favorit_rally.jpg
Looks pretty good

Don't suppose you could vectorise my car?

Here we go I hope you will like it a bit at least
Attached images
p_106_fin.jpg
Nice work!
Quote from Raito :Here we go I hope you will like it a bit at least

Damn didn't think you'd even do it! That is awesome! Thank you

What program did you make it in?
Thanks

Im using InkScape, it's free Some effects are then added in PhotoShop.
Quote from Raito :Thanks

Im using InkScape, it's free Some effects are then added in PhotoShop.

I just downloaded it to try it but it's so alien to me I didn't know how to do it lol.. using Photoshop now to make my engine bay
Working on these atm,

Looks good I was drawing vector cars in PS too, that Skyline R32 in first post is PS, but then i tried InkScape and after couple of time it was way much easier and quickier to draw there. Now Im working on Mistubishi Lancer Evo IX, it's currently about 80% done (outline preview):

Quote from Raito :Looks good I was drawing vector cars in PS too, that Skyline R32 in first post is PS, but then i tried InkScape and after couple of time it was way much easier and quickier to draw there. Now Im working on Mistubishi Lancer Evo IX, it's currently about 80% done (outline preview):

That looks great, I can't get my head around that program. Don't suppose you want to make a video tutorial
Quote from lukelfs :That looks great, I can't get my head around that program. Don't suppose you want to make a video tutorial

Actually I sometimes think about that Maybe only written tutorial or video, not sure, but if I get bored one day, I will try
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX
Attached images
evo_ix.jpg
Nice work

With drawing the lines do you use the pen tool that says, Draw bezier curves and straight lines?

Also how do you colour in each section?
Yeah, i use that Pen tool, occasionaly Elipse tool Then i just set color from the bottom, remove stroke and then I correct the color with FILL AND STROKE panel (CTRL + SHIFT + F), you can also set alpha and gradients there too.

Actually, it's not that hardto create some drawing, Im just "copying" edges i want, few of their shades and reflections... after all vector work is done, i have to export it to bitmap and then add more reflections and shadows in PhotoShop via Burn/Dodge. There is comparison outlines/vector/ps after effects for example:

And btw, it's almost invisible on final image but all air-intake holes are vented and there is small "RalliArt" logo in front
Well here's my kinda finished vector 106.

Apply image on new layer and try to play around with Dodge/Burn tool (use switch for Midtones)
Quote from Raito :Apply image on new layer and try to play around with Dodge/Burn tool (use switch for Midtones)

Grain merge mode in GIMP is better for shading than dodge and burn are.
Quote from Raito :Yeah, i use that Pen tool, occasionaly Elipse tool Then i just set color from the bottom, remove stroke and then I correct the color with FILL AND STROKE panel (CTRL + SHIFT + F), you can also set alpha and gradients there too.

Actually, it's not that hardto create some drawing, Im just "copying" edges i want, few of their shades and reflections... after all vector work is done, i have to export it to bitmap and then add more reflections and shadows in PhotoShop via Burn/Dodge. There is comparison outlines/vector/ps after effects for example:

And btw, it's almost invisible on final image but all air-intake holes are vented and there is small "RalliArt" logo in front

Did you trace the outline from a real picture? or is the outline from scratch?

Its really nice btw.
jrd.racer: No, Im sadly not that good to draw from scratch, it's based on real photos, thats why i say it's easy and not true "art"

But im learning by this way and sometimes I create pics purely by myself and thanks to skills earned by copying I'm able to create better and better pics... and maybe one day, i will draw Evo X by myself :P
Good stuff man. Im gonna have a crack at it.
Fiat Croma (friend request)
Attached images
croma.jpg
i could easily call this a first decent looking vector with bad shading that i created. Yes, I kind of rushed the shading and a few of the lines, plus i just didnt do the lights and interior because I am lazy. I might do another one and hopefully next time doing it properly without any lazyspots/bad shading
I made new cars, since last post, so here they are
Attached images
favorit_rally_bb.jpg
favorit_rally_wrc_bm.jpg
punto.jpg
ibiza.jpg
r19.jpg

Vector cars drawing
(81 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG