The online racing simulator
DFP setup problems
(11 posts, started )
DFP setup problems
All,

Before I get flamed, I have searched the archives extensively...

I've set up the wheel in the logitech profiler as follows:

Overall Effect Strength: 100%
Spring Effect Strength: 0%
Damper Effect Strength: 0%
Enable Centering Spring = OFF
Report Combined Pedals = ON
Degrees of Rotation = varied between 180, 270, 360 (tried a few)

In LFS
Wheel turn: varied by matching the profiler setting, or setting to less
Wheel turn compensation: 0.00
Force Strength: 100%
Combined pedals = on
Calibration lock = off

Now, whatever I seem to put the settings to, the wheel just seems to shake madly, and the steering is hugely over sensitive, i.e. a minimal turn = full lock... I really can't work out what I'm setting incorrectly...

Any help gratefully received as the way it is I can't play the game...
I have mine on

Overall Effect Strength: 100%
Spring Effect Strength: 0%
Damper Effect Strength: 0%
Enable Centering Spring = ON
Report Combined Pedals = OFF
Degrees of Rotation = 720

In LFS
Wheel turn: 720
Wheel turn compensation: 0.00
Force Strength: 100%
Combined pedals = OFF
Calibration lock = ON

It seems fine to me like that. It's based on what I read here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=198

In another post someone reminded me - look at Gabkick's sig which sends you here:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/ ... p=2178816&postcount=1
Cheers - I'll give that a try.
Still got problems

Questions - should the axes be separate or combined in the game?
What axes should steering, throttle and brake be assigned to in the game, and should any be inverted?
The calibration lock - what does this do, and how should it be set?

The steering is still juddering big style, and strange things are going on !!!!!!!!!
-
(IReallyHateBureaucracy) DELETED by IReallyHateBureaucracy
*bump*

The axis should be seperated, throttle and brake should be inverted. Recallibrate and turn full lock to lock, then put the calibration lock on.

Now my problem... sorry to hijack
Everytime I start LFS I need to recalibrate my wheel for some reason. It used to be like this: Get into a server, push throttle and brake, they calibrate, steering is good from the beginning.
Now: Go to options, recalibrate throttle and brakes AND steering. And when I try to lock the calibration, it just forgets about it next time I play, or even get back to windows. Nothing in my settings has changed, except I've been playing with using axis for clutch, that failed so all settings were put back to normal, but now this happens.

Maybe I should redownload LFS in full? Because I have all kind of setups and colours from the previous patch, wich I can't delete anymore, it says it's not possible.
I have that same problem. For me it seems to only happen when I plug my wheel in with the PC already running. If the wheel is plugged in when I start the PC, everything's fine. Sometimes I lose calibration when I alt+tab out of the game, too, but that makes sense, I think.

It's not a huge issue, but it can be mildly annoying. It can also be tough to turn the wheel lock to lock in the pits with, say, an FXR
Well, I never plug my wheel in before turning on my pc, I have a little thingy on the side of my desk where I keep my wheel, when I need it I swap it with my keyboard and plug it in. Then it calibrates... But ingame it seems to be forgotten all about it. And my point is, why does the game automatically return to locked calibration, when I select no?
I already did it all...

But in finish..now my FOrce Feedback is ok... But the Pedals stoped to work =( what now? =(
Just to say I solved my calibrating problem by redownloading a fresh LFS, everything works okay now, but I was so stupid to delete my old LFS (to be sure I had everything fresh), and I backed up my skins... But forgot my setups... If anyone remembers giving me an FZR setup for AS National, I want it back, it used to be a WR setup, it should have been sub 42, and now I managed sub 42... I lost it
if you've tried everyone elses solutions here... try this

1.) unplug your wheel
2.) run clear calbration software found on the wingmanteam website
3.)restart pc and reinstall and calbrate everything

i skimmed through all of the posts... someone probably already said the same thing:doh:
Quote from Gabkicks :if you've tried everyone elses solutions here... try this

1.) unplug your wheel
2.) run clear calbration software found on the wingmanteam website
3.)restart pc and reinstall and calbrate everything

i skimmed through all of the posts... someone probably already said the same thing:doh:

already did it......and nothing

When i installed the software.. it was ok..i calibrate the pedals..but after that stoped to work

DFP setup problems
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG