The online racing simulator
FOX skin based on our car
(20 posts, started )
Hey folks. Would it be possible for someone to make me a skin for the FOX based on our university's 1996 Formula Renault colour scheme? Although our car looks a little different from the stock Tatuus chassis as it raced back in the day, I would love to see it skinned in LFS. There are plenty of photos of the car here on the University team page (right click - open in new tab for larger image). I can take better, close-up photos of any part of the car if required. Also note that the dark green colour on the car is a strange one, in photos it appears a bit darker than it does in the flesh, but it's a sort of British-racing-green with a hint of dark blue... if that makes sense?

Kind regards,
Guy Brooke
Nice university activity

I will give it a try when I'll have some time and fix computer issues
Thank you very much.

The team is great fun. It's all run by students, Motorsport/Automotive Engineering degree students do all the design/development/maintenance of the car and the Motorsport Management students sort out travel/marketing/team-wear/sponsorship etc. One of the lecturers drives the car, competing in the 750 Motor Club Formula 4 Championship. 2012 will be our 2nd season competing.
noice doing quite the same in France in my engineering school but not with such a funny car (we have a Peugeot 106 rallye).
#5 - Bean0
Quote from MoMo92i :noice doing quite the same in France in my engineering school but not with such a funny car (we have a Peugeot 106 rallye).

Nice, do you have the S1 or S2 ?
Thank you. That 106 looks like fun. I'm a big Peugeot fan myself having owned a 306, 205 GTi (Mi16 engine conversion) and now a 309 Gti (Gti6 engine conversion). Such fun little cars! I prefer the look of the S1 106 over the S2, looks so much more purposeful and agile by comparison.

The university has a couple of other cars we work with too. An MCR we use for data collection. A Locost with a 1300 ford x-flow engine for data collection and occasional hillclimb events, another Locost with a wider track and a Honda Fireblade engine (The car/team is called the Locoblade) which has been built from the ground up and will hopefully make it's first outing at a hillclimb in May this year, and last but not least a VW Lupo built to S1000 rally specifications. We also run in the Formula Student series. For such a small University our Autimotive/Motorsport/Motorcycle engineering degrees pack a real punch! I'm loving studying here!
:o Awesome university activities. Btw I'm at the most well known french automotive (something like 35% of french racing engineer have made this school including whole ART GP engineer,...) and we only have that small (but fun ) car (some student are studying a formula student car and school was one of the first school of the world to compete in shell eco marathon).

Anyway you are really lucky Should really be awesome to have such a good amount of racing car at university.

EDIT : btw you rear wing is sometimes black and sometimes white, which one do you prefer?
Which school are you at?
I'm at ESTACA.

btw see attachment, think I got the bristish-green/blue racing quite well, tell me what do you think about that?
Attached images
pic1.jpg
That green is spot on!! I'm loving the look of that, great job! The car is away at the circuit we test at at the moment, but as soon as it's back I'll get some closer detail shots of the text etc to go with it. Thanks!

[edit] Just spotted that in the photos on the site we aren't running wheel flicks on the car. Since then we've got some but they're in black. Would it be possible to change the ones on teh FOX to match? They have the IXELL logo written on them as well. I'll get a close-up of that too.
Hey friend, did you manage to finish the skin? Really excited to see it.
Didn't get time yet but I should have some tonight to stick the last sponsors

Any number you want?

Btw there are still few logos I didn't manage to identify, going to post some screen when I would have finished
Okay here is my work, I hope you will like it

Don't get all the sponsor.
Attached images
FOX_smu_FRenault.jpg
pict1.jpg
pict2.jpg
pict3.jpg
I'm speechless! That looks absolutely fantastic, thank you! The sponsors are more or less spot on. The rear wing has lots of small supporter's names/logos on it which change often so that's no worry. The car still isn't back from testing yet as I believe they had some troubles with it so it stayed at the circuit workshop, so I've not had the chance to get the better photographs of it yet. But I'm loving that skin! Thank you!
That's the most important

Anyway if you want me to add some others sponsors or mod few things, it will be a pleasure
nice skin morgen but do you really drive without shadows?
no ^^ screenshot made with my laptop
ah okay Btw it´s morgan instead of morgen right? sorry for that
Yeah that's np ^^

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG