The online racing simulator
American football - anyone watching this sport?
Yesterday for the first time in my life watched american football game (New York Giants - New England Patriots). I must say that I was a little impressed.
Someone watching american football?
Only Superbowls.
You mean handegg?

No.
Rugby is better.
Quote from DevilDare :Only Superbowls.

Me too,until this year - I was bored so I started to download some random games time-to-time and watched both conference finals too.
I pretty much only watch the Superbowls, or some of the local team games if it's on and I have nothing else to do. Other wise, I'm programming or working. I did enjoy the game last night, the team where I live won, so I'm pretty happy and I do get quite into it. Just like I got into watching real football when I lived in England ...
#7 - Mysho
not NFL but more of classic rugby... NFL is too much... well... American. No offense, but I simply don't like it. That doesn't mean I get the rules... Still a Spanish village for me. I do get what's goin' on there in general, but still haven't got any time to study it more into the details.
I honestly have grown to hate the sport. It's really popular around here and it kills our other sports all throughout the year (people who are really good at sports such as baseball, soccer, basketball and wrestling quit just to be average or worse at football. Usually, they quit just to lift for football which prepares year round where other sports do not at the High School level).

My family watched the Superbowl last night, but I laregly ignored it and ran through IndyCar 250 results and started writing the LFS News article for that.

I just have grown the hate it through the years for the simple fact that most everybody here thinks its the end all of sports.
wrestling is sport? hmm thats strange
end about american football players - They do not need any condition, 30 seconds play and a few minutes break, like golfers

but i like it
Quote from Cornys :I honestly have grown to hate the sport. It's really popular around here and it kills our other sports all throughout the year (people who are really good at sports such as baseball, soccer, basketball and wrestling quit just to be average or worse at football. Usually, they quit just to lift for football which prepares year round where other sports do not at the High School level).

My family watched the Superbowl last night, but I laregly ignored it and ran through IndyCar 250 results and started writing the LFS News article for that.

I just have grown the hate it through the years for the simple fact that most everybody here thinks its the end all of sports.

This is so unfortunately true.
Is it just as awesome as nascar?
Quote from PartyBoyU :wrestling is sport? hmm thats strange
end about american football players - They do not need any condition, 30 seconds play and a few minutes break, like golfers

And there you've gone wrong...
First - wrestling is a sport,he's not talking about that theatralized show like WWF or whatever it's called these days,he's talking about the real one,like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrestling
And if you think it's easy - try to push away someone,who's over 100kg of weight!
Mainstream American sports? :sleep1:

/hipster
We had a small super bowl party... mostly an excuse to eat a lot of junk food and drink beer. Not than we need any excuse to drink beer in Canada.

Honestly... I hate the NFL. It sucks. The CFL (Canadian Football League for those of you who aren't in Canada :P) is much, much more exciting to watch. Longer field, one less down. More difficult. It results in more attempts at long passes or long runs, and just more action in general. I went to the Bills game in Toronto, the first one they played here. It was absolutely terrible in comparison. The Super Bowl games aren't much better, either.

Ah well... Lacrosse and Rugby are both better sports anyways.
Watch most of the reg season and post season games incl the Superbowl, I'm a big fan of the sport and have been for the past 7 odd years. Raider Nation fan and have just booked tickets to see the International game at Wembley later this year which see the Rams come over as the home team to play the Pats.

I have also played for the Highland Wildcats in what was then the BAFL (British American Football League) but only for 1 full season Just too many injuries for me to carry on, but I now take photos for the team at most home games. Our youth team had won the British Championship last year as well.
Quote from MAGGOT :We had a small super bowl party... mostly an excuse to eat a lot of junk food and drink beer. Not than we need any excuse to drink beer in Canada.

Honestly... I hate the NFL. It sucks. The CFL (Canadian Football League for those of you who aren't in Canada :P) is much, much more exciting to watch. Longer field, one less down. More difficult. It results in more attempts at long passes or long runs, and just more action in general. I went to the Bills game in Toronto, the first one they played here. It was absolutely terrible in comparison. The Super Bowl games aren't much better, either.

Too bad the quality of play in the CFL is so much worse, I do like the rules better.

The NFL is still the most exciting major sport in the US (except maybe hockey). Last night's Super Bowl wasn't one of the greatest, but it had a pretty exciting finish. (Plus the Giants guy desperately trying to stop his momentum so he wouldn't score the touchdown at the end was pretty hilarious.)

Still would have preferred a Ravens/49ers game, but oh well. The less evil team won.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Watch most of the reg season and post season games incl the Superbowl, I'm a big fan of the sport and have been for the past 7 odd years. Raider Nation fan and have just booked tickets to see the International game at Wembley later this year which see the Rams come over as the home team to play the Pats.

I have also played for the Highland Wildcats in what was then the BAFL (British American Football League) but only for 1 full season Just too many injuries for me to carry on, but I now take photos for the team at most home games. Our youth team had won the British Championship last year as well.

I still don't understand why the NFL sends the worst matchups to Wembley.

Didn't you guys have to suffer through Tampa Bay Bucs games for like 5 years in a row?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I still don't understand why the NFL sends the worst matchups to Wembley.

Didn't you guys have to suffer through Tampa Bay Bucs games for like 5 years in a row?

No, the NFL where not that cruel....they only sent them over twice but where thinking about getting them set up for the next couple of years for as the home side.

I can see why we don't get a better match up as it would almost be impossible to take a match-up like a Jets v Pats divisional match up as neither team would want to give up the home game. So we have to make do with the likes of the Rams and the Bucs.
I peeked into it once, but found it terribly boring (and have no idea about the rules). It was 10 seconds action and 5 minutes waiting on repeat. Curling is more fun to watch tbh Was quite surprised to find (german) friends commenting the game (or Madonna :razz on facebook.

AFL is great tho. Was invited to a game when I was in Australia '08, Adelaide vs. Collingwood iirc. Never seen a sport with so many people on the field simultaneously
I had a superb bowl of curry last night, does that count?

It was 4 for £10...

*deep bow*
Quote from ACCAkut :I peeked into it once, but found it terribly boring (and have no idea about the rules). It was 10 seconds action and 5 minutes waiting on repeat.

This is largely because it's about individual plays (and hence discrete strategic actions) rather than a more free-flowing game like rugby or soccer/football. It's like a war campaign vs. a single battle.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I still don't understand why the NFL sends the worst matchups to Wembley.

Quote from Mackie The Staggie :No, the NFL where not that cruel.[...] So we have to make do with the likes of the Rams and the Bucs.

FU guys!

Game wasn't as exciting as most wanted to see, which was expected really. The last quarter though was worth the watch IMO. And LOL at Tom Brady's wife for throwing all the recievers under the bus after the game.
Yeah, I watch it both NFL and college... though I don't care all that much about it, and I often am multitasking during the games. Live games are fun, especially when hammered. You'll find me much more likely to be discussing the particulars of an MLS or EPL game the next day though.

Zero time for basketball (worst sport ever imo), hockey is Red Wings playoffs only, baseball live games only.
Super Bowl...

...is it some sort of cereal?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG