The online racing simulator
no sounds in lfs
(10 posts, started )
#1 - g7usl
no sounds in lfs
Just downloaded for my W7 computer and no sounds?

I already tried Shift+N and no change.
Do you hear sounds from other programs (preferablly non-Microsoft/Windows software), i.e. a when you play a YouTube clip via Firefox/Chrome?
#3 - g7usl
Quote from Silverracer :Do you hear sounds from other programs (preferablly non-Microsoft/Windows software), i.e. a when you play a YouTube clip via Firefox/Chrome?

Yes every other game including R Factor and media player is working as normal, it's just LFS in W7x64bit that LFS is silent.

Any constructive advise would be very much appreciated as I ordered a new G27 today.
Comparatively I've not been around for long, but this is first I'm hearing about sound errors (other than the people who do shift+n without realizing).

Do you get this error on start-up?
Quote :Error initialising sound

Does the Windows sound scheme stuff work? i.e. Startup/shutdown stuff. See if you can still select/play the those sounds from relevant menu (I'm not a Win7 user, dunno where everything is) - all this from a thread that I dug up from 2006. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=10024

If you dont get the above error its probably something else. If you do - try out the stuff suggested. Hang in there; MadCatX or someone will be [hopefully] replying soon!
#5 - g7usl
Quote from Silverracer :Comparatively I've not been around for long, but this is first I'm hearing about sound errors (other than the people who do shift+n without realizing).

Do you get this error on start-up? Does the Windows sound scheme stuff work? i.e. Startup/shutdown stuff. See if you can still select/play the those sounds from relevant menu (I'm not a Win7 user, dunno where everything is) - all this from a thread that I dug up from 2006. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=10024

If you dont get the above error its probably something else. If you do - try out the stuff suggested. Hang in there; MadCatX or someone will be [hopefully] replying soon!

No error shown on startup.

As I said, no problems with any other sounds.

I am at a loss and if I can't sort it, I'll go back to Rfactor
I'm pretty sure a number of people here use W7 64 to run LFS without any problems. It might be a number of problems relating to your sound drivers/operating system - but the chances are it might be something simple that you are overlooking... (something like the shift+n).

Before you head off to rF (!) you can try downloading and installing LFS again and see if it works. You never know...

Since LFS is not throwing the sound not innitialising error, it might be that LFS somehow muted or something. In the volume mixer (if there is one in W7) check and see if LFS is muted by any chance?

I'm out of ideas; I hope you'll be able to sort it out soon!
Try This
Go To Shift+O(Options)
Audio
Double Check if everything is right in Audio
It's a long shot, but does LFS register in the audio mixer? Launch LFS in a window and start a race, then click on the speaker icon in the systray and click "Mixer". You'll see a window with a "Device" slider in the left section and a list of applications that are currently using the selected device. You can adjust the sound level for each application, so make sure LFS isn't muted for some reason. If LFS is not listed, try selecting a different device.
#9 - kdo
I have windows 7 x64 and i have no problem with it!
Quote from Silverracer :I'm pretty sure a number of people here use W7 64 to run LFS without any problems. It might be a number of problems relating to your sound drivers/operating system - but the chances are it might be something simple that you are overlooking... (something like the shift+n).

Before you head off to rF (!) you can try downloading and installing LFS again and see if it works. You never know...

Since LFS is not throwing the sound not innitialising error, it might be that LFS somehow muted or something. In the volume mixer (if there is one in W7) check and see if LFS is muted by any chance?

I'm out of ideas; I hope you'll be able to sort it out soon!

I replaced the sound card this morning and found the culprit. Everything is okay now but thank you so much for your help. Your welcome to join us on 'Schumie', any time

no sounds in lfs
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG