The online racing simulator
FPV RC flying
(18 posts, started )
FPV RC flying
Does look really awesome. Me want!
that;s a wicked video... cool tune too
I just now see that it brought completely new way of flying, unavailable up to day. Long range proximity flight is undoable without FPP small aircraft. Well, I think everybody here knows the difference between FPP and TPP (in fact external view from rigid point) kind of steering.

So I wish TeamBlackSheep all the luck with their kits

Are these RCs powered? Or are they powered by gravity, with a servo only for steering?
Of course powered - up to 1hr flight, altitude record is 5500m and distance record of 45km. I wouldnt do proximity flight with a model when you can do it once going up and down the hill.

I think they could try for speed record also - these kind of nonpowered wings do ridge soaring and dynamic soaring - specialized nonpowered gliders hold RC speed records now ca. 500mph.

These wings fly up to 250kmh with crusing speed of 50kmh.
Blown away how cool these things are, especially being able to fly with the glasses in first person view - brilliant! Not cheap though for all the kit. Probably about €5000 to get the kit?
2000$
Quote from AndRand :2000$

That includes the transmitter/receiver thing, the plane and the glasses?
:O Winning by every stretch of the imagination. I defs want one, one day.
That is just for their big buck ultra high quality long distance stuff. You can do FVP for about $400 including aircraft. That doesnt include glasses though. You'd have to feed to a laptop for viewing.

I want to do it with multiple glasses, go to a popular park in tbe city and give "rides" for $20 a pop.

Someone has even done FVP on a Parkzone UM T28 like I have. I'll tell you, that is one tiny camera for a Parkzone Ultra Micro to be able to carry.
More impressive to me over the big money long distance is, as I said, FPV on an Ultra Micro.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4PN7oMPNt4

Plane is the UM T-28, 16 inch wingspan, all up weight of 38 grams. Little little little airplane.

www.fpvhobby.com and the 5.8ghz micro system there is a measly $122. That includes everything but the viewing system (laptop or goggles.)

I didn't know it was that cheap. Already have the UM T-28, might have to oufit it for FPV this summer.
With little bit bigger plane (capable of lifting 100g) you can use GoPro in LiveFeed mode to feed glasses with high-quality picture instead of cheap 10 bucks camera. And flying wing has pushing propellar so it is out of camera sight.
Frankly I dont know why TBS guys use 2 cameras with one giving much more immersion.
they write it in their FAQ, the GoPros livefeed is too slow. Its not meant for realtime feeds. The small secruity cams are.
pity... I wonder how it looks in goggles because recordings using that camera look very raw.
Quote from AndRand :With little bit bigger plane (capable of lifting 100g) you can use GoPro in LiveFeed mode to feed glasses with high-quality picture instead of cheap 10 bucks camera. And flying wing has pushing propellar so it is out of camera sight.
Frankly I dont know why TBS guys use 2 cameras with one giving much more immersion.

Sure, but try sitting on my back porch and fly FPV around in between my apple trees in my backyard with a wing

FPV RC flying
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG