The online racing simulator
editing the road textures on the autocross course?
i had an idea after seeing the autocross course with darker asphalt style roads on it and thought maybe its possible to put fake grass sections on it as textures to turn it into a real looking racetrack? if this is possible how can i go about doing it?
#2 - G!NhO
Quote from GTR Racer :i had an idea after seeing the autocross course with darker asphalt style roads on it and thought maybe its possible to put fake grass sections on it as textures to turn it into a real looking racetrack? if this is possible how can i go about doing it?

First of all, this is not the miscellanious section but the "Layout" section and NO its not possible to put random grass sections on autocross...
Quote from G!NhO :First of all, this is not the miscellanious section but the "Layout" section and NO its not possible to put random grass sections on autocross...

well i ment like its still road but green, etc etc like its textured onto the asphalt to simulate the grass/sandtraps

i figured this was the right place saying im reffering to autocross and a layout of sorts.
#4 - G!NhO
Quote from GTR Racer :well i ment like its still road but green, etc etc like its textured onto the asphalt to simulate the grass/sandtraps

i figured this was the right place saying im reffering to autocross and a layout of sorts.

so you want an autocross texture so the whole surface is green?
Quote from G!NhO :so you want an autocross texture so the whole surface is green?

no, just certain parts so its like a off course feild/santrap in a corner
The texture is repeated so it's not possible
#7 - G!NhO
Quote from JO53PHS :The texture is repeated so it's not possible

yup thats what i tried to say
it's definitely possible, but like they said they are used over and over, but are you talking about having like 1 patch of grass over here and a few over there or just having sum bldes of grass over the road?
He basically wants to make it look like a track, which is kind of stupid because when you go on the so called "grass" you are still driving on tarmac..
Quote from PMD9409 :He basically wants to make it look like a track, which is kind of stupid because when you go on the so called "grass" you are still driving on tarmac..

well suh, it would just be for looks and something different
well i'm definitely not for the idea, but there's nothing stopping you, just go do it
Why on earth would that be stupid? Its a great idea, i suggested it before as well. If you think it's stupid, then you're saying that using chalk in autox is stupid, which is not true. Chalk is a great way to mark out a layout, and if you could do the same with grass then even better. Unfortunaltey though, you cant. Unless you helped code lfs 8D
Quote from james_bskt :Why on earth would that be stupid? Its a great idea, i suggested it before as well. If you think it's stupid, then you're saying that using chalk in autox is stupid, which is not true. Chalk is a great way to mark out a layout, and if you could do the same with grass then even better. Unfortunaltey though, you cant. Unless you helped code lfs 8D

couldnt you do that though? like taking the vob for one of the objects no-one uses and make it into a big green grassy square or something?
Grass

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG