The online racing simulator
Is there a server...
(22 posts, started )
Is there a server...
... where I don't have to race?

What I mean by this is that I'm wondering if there's a server where you can just cruise around the track with some people... where it's not competitive. If so, how do I join it and can I join it when I only have the demo version?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
Quote from damonchoy :... where I don't have to race?

What I mean by this is that I'm wondering if there's a server where you can just cruise around the track with some people... where it's not competitive. If so, how do I join it and can I join it when I only have the demo version?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Yep, open multi player mode and go to ANY server marked as cruise.
You can't cruise in demo mode.

Buy at least S1, it's cheaper then a smartphone.
#4 - Sobis
You can cruise, but there are no barriers, and you need to follow the track and all chicanes or whatever there is on the track...
Thanks, I've been driving on "Universal Cruise" for a while and have been enjoying it very much.
Now imagine how much fun it is with all road cars in LFS (+some GTRs), layouts and upto 32 cars on track!
Not to speak about many more tracks, and most of them have extensive options for vairous configurations/routes with the new open track feature!

http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Tracks

Click on any track. In open track mode, you can drive anywhere you see light or dark gray colors. Kinda like a super-combo of all possible configurations.
Wait... Wat.

Are we promoting cruise here now?
I myself actually endorse cruising for beginner members like myself who want to get a feel for the car(s) without the pressure of an actual race.

I wouldn't recommend only cruising, though, because you'd be missing out on all that LFS has to offer!
Quote from Silverracer :Now imagine how much fun it is with all road cars in LFS (+some GTRs), layouts and upto 32 cars on track!

Quote from Skagen :Not to speak about many more tracks, and most of them have extensive options for vairous configurations/routes with the new open track feature!

http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Tracks

Click on any track. In open track mode, you can drive anywhere you see light or dark gray colors. Kinda like a super-combo of all possible configurations.

Are there cruise servers that have the open track mode on either Fern Bay, Kyoto Ring or Aston? If so, that alone will be enough to convince me to buy S2. Please let me know!
LTC is the only (big) cruise server with remote activated.. So;

www.lfsworld.net/remote/?host=[LTC]+Live+To+Cruise+4

Thats how it looks like.

But there is more! Much more... You won't be disappointment about your purchase.
Quote from cargame.nl :LTC is the only (big) cruise server with remote activated.. So;

Thats how it looks like.

I already told him pretty much all the major cruise servers (and convinced him to buy S2 ), and I must say TC is better, it has an unique insim and has 2 full servers at evenings. Also, the community there is great!
I'm not biased to anything because I'm not interested in cruising at all in general... Just saying that TC has no remote activated (sort of)
Quote from cargame.nl :LTC is the only (big) cruise server with remote activated.. So;

Thats how it looks like.

But there is more! Much more... You won't be disappointment about your purchase.

Quote from Sobis :I already told him pretty much all the major cruise servers (and convinced him to buy S2 ), and I must say TC is better, it has an unique insim and has 2 full servers at evenings. Also, the community there is great!

Quote from cargame.nl :I'm not biased to anything because I'm not interested in cruising at all in general... Just saying that TC has no remote activated (sort of)

Alright, you guys have lost me...

-

What exactly is "remote activated" and "TC?" Also, my other question ("Are there cruise servers that have the open track mode on either Fern Bay, Kyoto Ring or Aston?") still hasn't been answered!
Quote from damonchoy :Alright, you guys have lost me...

-

What exactly is "remote activated" and "TC?" Also, my other question ("Are there cruise servers that have the open track mode on either Fern Bay, Kyoto Ring or Aston?") still hasn't been answered!

Remote activated means you can view the server on LFS remote (look it up on the main site) and tc is just a name of a cruise server. And to your other question yes there are cruise servers with open config
Quote from damonchoy :What exactly is "remote activated" and "TC?" Also, my other question ("Are there cruise servers that have the open track mode on either Fern Bay, Kyoto Ring or Aston?") still hasn't been answered!

TC - cruise server (http://www.city-driving.co.uk/)

Your question: I answered it few hours ago, in UC server . Again: there are servers running the tracks you mentioned.
Quote from Sobis :TC - cruise server (http://www.city-driving.co.uk/)

Your question: I answered it few hours ago, in UC server . Again: there are servers running the tracks you mentioned.

UGC uses those tracks too, most the cruise servers do actually.
Alrighty then, it looks like I'll be upgrading to S2 soon!
Quote from damonchoy :

I gave an example of a fairly busy cruise server on LFS remote. There you've could have seen cars driving on the complete track of AS open config in this case. Cruise servers tend to shift their configs also so it could be something else after a while.

If you would have followed my link (OK, the forum makes it an incorrect link here, true ) then you would have seen the server activity on a trackmap in Flash including chat, car details etc..
Quote from cargame.nl :I gave an example of a fairly busy cruise server on LFS remote. There you've could have seen cars driving on the complete track of AS open config in this case. Cruise servers tend to shift their configs also so it could be something else after a while.

If you would have followed my link (OK, the forum makes it an incorrect link here, true ) then you would have seen the server activity on a trackmap in Flash including chat, car details etc..

I did follow your link and see that, I just had no clue what i was looking at.
UGC Demo Cruise Server is online now, just thought I would let all the new demo players know this up here.

Is there a server...
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG