The online racing simulator
#1 - Dannz
Logitech G25 possibly dead
After it was sitting idle for about 2 weeks, I decided to give my G25 a go again, then halfway through my first lap, the ffb started to sound slightly odd when the wheel was held at a certain angle, then disappeared completely, accompanied by a slight electrical burning smell, like the smell the wheel makes after heavy use. The wheel is still detected normally by my PC and the profiler, yet the led on the shifter will only dimly light up, as if it is running only on usb power.

Since then, there has been no ffb, as if the wheel is always turned off. I was wondering if this is a power supply issue, or something more serious, such as dead ffb motor(s). I've had this wheel since late 2007, has the time come to invest in a G27?
Quote from Dannz :[...]accompanied by a slight electrical burning smell, like the smell the wheel makes after heavy use.[...]

What? The wheel should not make any smell at all. Didn't that alert you weeks ago?
Quote from Dannz :has the time come to invest in a G27?

No. The time has come to switch brand.
#4 - Dannz
Quote from Whiskey :What? The wheel should not make any smell at all. Didn't that alert you weeks ago?

The wheel had been making that smell as far as I remember, it's the smell that electric motors make while they are running
If I put my nose on the vents I can smell the hot electronics (been racing 1 hour), but I can't smell it if I am 10cm away.
I don't think it's a big problem for a Logitech wheel that you can smell it if you're using it a lot. They get hot, nothing you can do about that without putting fans on it.
Quote from Bose321 :They get hot

*cough* anything with brushless DC servos gets hot. If it'd be 3-phase motor w/ proper ESC, it could be way more efficient, but neither Logitech or Fanatec or anyone else has implemented those yet.
This is your problem, your motors are probably clogged with shi* so you need to take them out and give them a very good clean.

You also probably have fried the two mosfets on the circuitry board, you can get replacements from a online shop somewhere.

Quote :Broadly speaking, before entering into details, the failure is due to the destruction of the 2 MOSFETS that drive the motors which create the spin and force feedback of the steering wheel.

(I had the same problem and fixed it with this guide)

http://www.macnetwork.co.uk/logitech/English%20PDF.html

Read it fully and you should be able to save your wheel!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG