The online racing simulator
Dunno what else to do with this skin :(
Hey all,

This is my second skin that i've actually put a decent amount of time into, and i've sort of hit a brickwall and dont know what else to add to it.

Basically the back half of the car is pretty much blank. I know i could just cover it with sponsers, but thats not really my way of doing it, i'd rather the car just had a really good paintjob. And yes, i know the DynoJet logo isnt quite centered on the hood.

I was gonna put a "Mobil [1]" logo on the wing, but everytime i resize them, they just look crap. I've been to MasterSkinnerz (as you can see with the logos on the side), and i didnt find much that would fit with what im doing. I was gonna put some tribal art on the rear fenders (that would follow the line of the wheel arch), but i cant find anything decent, and my drawing skills leave alot to be desired.

So yeah, has anybody got some ideas?
give the car to the ai and watch it doing a few laps. Somehting may come to mind when you seeit racing. If not, I'd leave it as it is, it looks smart, not always good to cover it in decals (never stopped me though.... )
Quote from al heeley :give the car to the ai and watch it doing a few laps. Somehting may come to mind when you seeit racing. If not, I'd leave it as it is, it looks smart, not always good to cover it in decals (never stopped me though.... )

I gave the car to a guy online to drive, within 2 laps the car was well... wrecked so i didnt get much of a look.

I like how it looks now, but it needs "something", i just dont know what... there's too much blank space, and i dont really wanna fill it with decals cause i think that looks messy.
#4 - Smax
I always end up using some sort of pattern effect, which is becoming a technique that perhaps I over-rely one, if you have a look at some of the stuff in my MSz garge on the other end of this link, you might get a few ideas.

http://skinnerz.proboards26.co ... lay&thread=1136537060

There's no clever trickery involved here, what usually happens is that I find an image that I think might look good as a texture layer, over the top of my paintjob, import it into photoshop and alter the opacity or the opacity and the blend mode until I get something I like. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't....

Alternatively you could try a gradient, or striping of a slightly darker shade of the yellow, and see what visual difference that makes.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG