The online racing simulator
G27 auto-reset and force losted
I've a problem with my G27.
I use last version of profiler and win7 32bit version.

When i plugin the G27 the wheel reset (turn left then right then center) start normally and i can drive in LFS.
If i close LFS and i restart it after for example 1 hour often happens that my wheel is WITHOUT force.
I need unplug and plugin again.

Other times when i'm driving happens that my G27 starting to reset calibration ... and so i crash, of course !

Someone has the same problems ?

Any suggestion ?

Some time when i plugin my G27 my Win7 call it "DPF" ... LOL ... but if i do in peripherical option i can see G27 ... i don't know why.

I've tested it in a new partition and i have the same problems.
Quote from michele0676 :If i close LFS and i restart it ]after for example 1 hour often happens that my wheel is WITHOUT force.
I need unplug and plugin again.

Happens to me when I alt+tab away from LFS and return. I usually use strenght 40 in LFS, so I simply use the "<" key to reduce it to 0, and then increase it back to 40. I can feel the FFB when I start to increase it...

Quote from michele0676 :Other times when i'm driving happens that my G27 starting to reset calibration ... and so i crash, of course! Someone has the same problems?]

Happened to me on my G25 on a number of occations. Seemed random. I did however get an error from the profiler (same one you would get if you remove the wheel's USB cable when profiler is on). It does seem like a loose USB connection, but then again it was tightly fixed, so
I'll test that solution to reduce to 0 the strenght, thank u.

About other problem, how did u fix it ?
Quote from michele0676 :
About other problem, how did u fix it ?

Sadly, no fix that I know of.

The wheel would simply recalibrate when I'm driving and loose all input. When I alt+tab to the profiler I would see the follow message (the same would happen if you pulled the USB whilst racing)

Quote : Logitech Profiler was unable to detect any game controllers. Please ensure this device is connected. [...]

Just to clarify, when I meant tightly fixed, I meant ther USB cable was fixed tightly (it was not loose). I dont know why suddenly it would say no controller is detected. BUT this only happened like 4-5 times over 1 1/2 years, not all the time.
Thank u mate, same problems ...
Has anyone figured this out?

None of the wires are broken, and all of the connectors are snug. Has anyone had this problem with XP?

I'm curious if this is a 7 problem. I always have to unplug and plug my wheel in when my machine comes back from standby...
Maybe this is some kind of USB sleep thing?
I'm trying this.
Attached images
usb experiment.png
Upon reading the documentation related to the selective sleep thing, I realized that it wouldn't make a difference.

It hasn't made a difference.

What the **** is with this? Does anyone have this problem on XP, or is it a 7 thing?
Bumping in hopes of someone having an idea.

My current theory is that the pedals are the culprit.
BUMP
i got the same problem, brand new from play.com

When you cant blame the wheel or shifter sloution is simple BLAME THOSE PEDALS
Thought it was worn potentiometers forcing recalibration but thats unlikely if its happening with a new wheel. Could be its using close to the limit of USB power, would doubt it with logitech products though. If you have a powered hub it might be worth trying it with the wheel just in case. Sounds like a fairly common problem, would expect logitech to have a driver or firmware update for it if so.
Worn pots are definitely out. I'm using different pedals now.

If it were a matter of power, connecting high power devices should cause problems, right? Doing so does not cause my wheel to recalibrate, nor does sucking up a bunch of bandwidth while I'm using it.

What OS are you guys running? I'm curious if this is a Windows 7 thing.

As far as I can tell, there hasn't been response from Logitech regarding this issue.
Linux here, I have to dig into USB protocols and hardware details sometimes.
Quote :If it were a matter of power, connecting high power devices should cause problems, right?

Each device is monitored individually, it should be a trivial matter to get power monitoring right, it should also be a trivial matter to keep the system clock at the correct time but it often wanders even on high end systems. If your wheel is using close to full power (500ma) and the monitoring circuit is reading a little high it will trip, there should be some sort of error log for this but I have no idea where you would find it. 500ma is way more power than a wheels circuitry should need, I doubt this is your problem but if you have a powered hub it would be a quick way to verify it.
Any chance this could be a motherboard issue? Can anyone of you try the wheel with another computer?
No i doubt it would be the motherboard

Im running
Xp home premium
32 bit
Intel core 2 duo
Msi 975x platinum powerup edition
Asus en9800gt
2gb ram
400gb hdd
500w arctic psi
My uncle made it a few years back and gave me 2 identicle pc's but the other had a nvidia zotac due to 2 new custom ones he made

I also use the power cord from logitech
I had forgotten that my wheel will reset while I am not using it.
I think it's pretty obvious that stan is right about needing to test with an externally powered USB hub. I'd be pissed if it was a matter of power, not only because this mobo is supposed to be really robust, but because the G27 has its own power supply.

As far as logging is concerned, I don't have sufficient knowledge of USB or the Windows USB core stack to make use of that kind of information. Assuming I did, I wouldn't know when to start logging because my wheel will go days without resetting.
I doubt it is power as the wheel shouldnt need much, just suggesting it as something that may be causing your problem. Trying it in a different PC would give some indication if it was the wheel or your gaming PC too.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG