The online racing simulator
IP ban option
(10 posts, started )
IP ban option
I think that LFS needs to put ip ban option for servers to keep players coming with multi accounts and keep hackers away.
and yes i know ip can be changed but atleast it will keep them away for longer.
You can use a firewall for that.
firewall for banning ip's?
Every firewall can be set to drop connections from certain IP, that's pretty much the whole idea of the firewall.
im not that good with fire wall
Or if you have a router at home you should put the IP adress in router so you dont have to put in firewall because the router block faster then the firewall. Ex if you have a D-Link router you type this http://192.168.0.1 in the web browser login as admin and there is a lot of option
IP ban was there before demo users had to use profiles... trust me profiles are better. (most people just have to restart the router to get a new ip)
There is plenty of ways how to do an IP ban independent on LFS, but only LFS can do an account ban...
my firewall can only block url's
Quote from sarxes :Or if you have a router at home you should put the IP adress in router so you dont have to put in firewall because the router block faster then the firewall. Ex if you have a D-Link router you type this http://192.168.0.1 in the web browser login as admin and there is a lot of option

Uhm, routers use firewalls + NAT rules to shape traffic on the network. So how can a router be faster than a firewall? :P

Most home routers don't provide an option to block incoming traffic based on source address. Unless you're using something like a Linksys WRT54GL with a modded firmware(dd-wrt i.e.), that you can then ssh in to and write your own iptables rules, I don't think blocking traffic on the router will provide you with much help.

Well, then again, Windoze firewall just sucks for such operations, so I'd suggest you either, find a software firewall for your Windoze machine that can block traffic based on source address, buy a router that is compatible with dd-wrt firmware(or any other that can provide such functionality), or dust of your pre-historic computer and install m0n0wall(i.e.) on it and use it as a router. :P

IP ban option
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG