The online racing simulator
A salute to Tesla
(46 posts, started )
"If there was no Nikola Tesla now we will play LFS in dark"
Last summer I was in house where Nikola Tesla was born (Smiljan, Croatia)
I agree, E Cat is on sale very soon, and there are a number of others.

MIT proved that the early systems had a result, they then altered the facts to support their funding.

And this was replicated in some other tests, but when you get a large, "this is crap", response from allegedly scientific institutions the general response is to duck and cover, who wants to upset the gravy train of funding by being on the outside of 'accepted fact'.

When your looking at developing science, experiments are not replicable everywhere.

And all science is based on theory, not fact. In fact no scientific theory is considered "absolutely true". The best you can say is that its supported by objective evidence, which can change with new knowledge.

Or are you all suggesting that we as humans already know everything ?

Quote from DANIEL-CRO :"If there was no Nikola Tesla now we will play LFS in dark"
Last summer I was in house where Nikola Tesla was born (Smiljan, Croatia)

Yeah, people forget about AC current and his other brilliance, not to mention cool plasma balls !
There is a difference between "not always reproducible" and "not reproducible at all" and even when you can't reproduce something, you usually have at least an idea why. What's the success rate of reproducing cold fusion, 0.0001 %?

You cannot prove a theory per se, but you can usually tell where do you expect it to be wrong. Valid theories have inner consistency, meaning that they don't deny themselves. During the history of physics there was always something a current theory couldn't explain, so another theory had to be devised. The difference between cold fusion and say black body radiation is that almost nobody was able to get cold fusion running and even when somebody did, the results were far from being convincing. Black body radiation and subsequent Planck's discovery of quantizing of energy was much bigger breakthrough which completely changed our understanding of the Universe, yet nobody protested against that, because he Planck presented a conclusive proof. Do cold fusion pioneers have a conclusive proof that it works? If their experimental data has been tampered with, why don't they just try again at another research facility or why don't they publish the way their experiment was conducted so somebody else can give it a go? I'm sure there will be someone willing to fund such a research if their theories and finding have merit...
Gravity is a theory. Which means it has significant scientific evidence behind it, consistently reproduceable results, and scientists have an extremely high confidence that the results will continue to be true in the future.

What you have here is a hypothesis. Any crackpot can make up a hypothesis. I hypothesize that mutant alien space creatures came down in a space ship crash, ate the insides of humans, and inhabit their flesh, walking around. They are only identifiable by their intense desire for sugar water and oddly deep voice.

That doesn't make it true. The burden of proof then lies upon me to prove it. Others have to be able to reproduce my findings, and significant scientific evidence would have to pile up, like if people managed to escape the memory wipe flashy thing from the men in black suits, and had video evidence of the creatures' swath of destruction... but that hasn't happened, so it's still just a hypothesis. If, and only if, pretty much every scientist is sure it's true, does it get to be a theory.

Cold Fusion is a hypothesis, one which has not proven to be highly reproduceable. And a hypothesis it will stay until it is fully understood and proven.

As for the E-Cat... my scam-dar is going off hardcore. Anyone would be a sucker to invest in that thing until he actually proves it works.
Quote from MadCatX :There is a difference between "not always reproducible" and "not reproducible at all" and even when you can't reproduce something, you usually have at least an idea why. What's the success rate of reproducing cold fusion...

Try reading my posts, MIT did get the same results, these were then altered to prevent their funding being axed.

I've even posted their original findings, this is what I mean about the flat earth brigade.

If you really want to avoid progress then fine, but try not to show your ignorance by arguing against proven facts.

Is E Cat legit ?, time will tell but making clearly false statements isn't the best way to support your case.
Or is it ?
Quote from Racer X NZ :
Is E Cat legit ?, time will tell but making clearly false statements isn't the best way to support your case.

It's the best way to get suckers to give you money. Just ask televangelists and Bernie Madoff.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :It's the best way to get suckers to give you money. Just ask televangelists and Bernie Madoff.

LOL

But does Rossi have plastic hair ?

And Bernie is in the kindergarten when it comes to ponzi schemes, the fed is well ahead there !

If E Cat is legit then time will tell, I'm certainly not suggesting that anyone invests in the business.
But if you have any knowledge of quantum physics then you'll be aware of the fact that many things that are difficult to understand are in fact accepted theories now, 50 years ago they were a joke.

There are many many things that we don't understand now, in the future these same things may well be accepted reality.

MIT did prove that cold fusion is a possibility, ok, then they chose to pervert science but that doesn't alter the fact that it is a possibility.
You're really talking religious bs now. Really. Try and clean your brain of those weird conspiracy theories. The "they" are not as mighty as you think, especially when you take a look out of America.

greetz

der butz
Plastic hair is certainly religious bs.

Conspiracy theories, I assume you mean facts that don't conform to the accepted media information that your allowed to believe.

Please don't actually think, or actually research any information that your not allowed to believe, these days that counts as a terrorist activity.............

George Orwell would be so proud.
by religious I mean whatever someone with a different opinion to yours says, you will burn him down. And since you don't have any facts at hand you try and counter everything with your belief.
You've failed to bring any sign of proof for anything you've stated here.

In fact, you sir believe in what a certain mass media spreads as well!

greetz

der slightly annoyed butz
Quote from der butz :by religious I mean whatever someone with a different opinion to yours says, you will burn him down. And since you don't have any facts at hand you try and counter everything with your belief.
You've failed to bring any sign of proof for anything you've stated here.

In fact, you sir believe in what a certain mass media spreads as well!

greetz

der slightly annoyed butz

Ok, and clearly your unable to read the provided information, and yet your argument is based on me not providing information.
Perhaps if you could make the slightest effort to read then disagree with actual facts then we could move forward.

But, why should I expect a rational discussion when we can have " I refuse to read anything and why don't you give information"

Try not to fall off the edge...............
You did NOT give any information concerning cold fusion. You posted a few links to books and a news article.
The books seem nice btw, and YES, the sun does emit fast particles, radiation and slow magnetic jets, polar lights can be seen because of them. Yes, this is pure energy coming from the sun and we exist mainly because of it. Yes, we can turn a certain small amount of the sun's electromagnetic radiation into electrical power.
What on earth does this have to do with free energy and cold fusion?
About that news article, for hundreds of years people wanted to turn shit into gold, mot of them trying gave their lives for that goal. Nowadays this is possible but consumes more energy than the produced gold would be worth.
In former years people didn't know about aerodynamics or other things, and there will always be people denying new ideas. But to promote something which can't be proven right and has been proven NOT to work several times by scientists in the whole world (yes, they are all part of the same conspiracies) is not the way forward.

greetz

der butz
The information about MIT was from their publicity officer at the time, in fact a scientist, who resigned in disgust at their behavior and perversion of science.

E Cat is going on sale soon, check the facts, oh, sorry, as according to you there are none.

If you are incapable of either reading the posts or actually following science then displaying your vast intellect by saying that there are no facts is really funny, to me at least.

The point is that MIT DID prove it worked, at low levels admittedly and the systems have now been improved, and will continue to be developed over time.

But if you feel it is junk science then that's fine, let's just give it some time and see what happens.

But I do reserve the right to say " I told you so" at some stage in the future !
I really wonder how the Energy amplifier or how is it officially called turns out. It's interesting that although Rossi and Focardi claim it works perfectly, they don't provide much details about its operation and let other scientists guess why it might work - it's not like anybody has a reasonable chance to steal their patent, is it? It is also pretty interesting that they publish their findings only in the Journal of Nuclear Physics, which is pretty much their own blog. But at least they bothered to come up with some valid explanation why such thing might work, but alas, I'm not a quantum physicist to reliably assess it. One thing caught my attention though, if they really explain the Ni + H fusion by quantum tunneling effect, what would the probability of such effect taking place be?
This is getting really boring. Did you actually read the article you linked? It clearly states that noone knows what kind of magic takes place in the device Rossi claims to be working. There were no independent tests done so far, no serious research was ever publicized in scientific magazines, we're all just supposed to take Rossi's word for it. When in the history of technology and science did mankind use a device without having a clue how it works?

It if works, I'm really interested what kind of phenomenon is behind it but since Rossi is much more about making money from the E-Cat, I couldn't care less.

If the figures about people ordering his devices are any correct, he might become a helluva rich man pretty soon, damn, why didn't I go study nuclear physics?
Quote :Universal Peace, assuming it to be in the fullest sense realizable, might not require eons for its accomplishment, however probable this may appear, judging from the imperceptibly slow growth of all great reformatory ideas of the past.

Quote :Within a few years a simple and inexpensive device, readily carried about, will enable one to receive on land or sea the principal news, to hear a speech, a lecture, a song or play of a musical instrument, conveyed from any other region of the globe.

Quote :The individual is ephemeral, races and nations come and pass away, but man remains.

A great man.
Quote :Andrea Rossi's 'energy catalyzer' is loaded with nickel powder and a number of secret catalysts and is pressurized with hydrogen gas. Excess heat is possibly produced via an unknown nuclear reaction, involving nickel and hydrogen.

ridiculous! energy conservation at its best! use nothing, get everything! clearly it MUST work.

I don't say this very often, but "LOL"

greetz

der butz
You do know that that bit of "news" is almost a year old, don't you?
Quote from ColeusRattus :You do know that that bit of "news" is almost a year old, don't you?

I do, but this link was never posted in this therad.

A salute to Tesla
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG