The online racing simulator
MOMO metal pot replacements
(14 posts, started )
Anyone have a link to where I can get the metal pots?
Thanks in advance
#2 - th84
I was really looking for the exact replacement pots... the ones with the ball on the end only in metal. They are the same as the ones in the new DFP's I think. Thanks anyway mate!
#4 - Gunn
Quote from hammer it :I was really looking for the exact replacement pots... the ones with the ball on the end only in metal. They are the same as the ones in the new DFP's I think. Thanks anyway mate!

The new ones in the DFP revision B pedals are not the same as the old plastic ones with the stick and ball attachment. They are completely different in size and shape. Additionally, they won't fit the old pedals as the new pedal axis shaft has been altered to suit the new pot and has a special insert in it.

Contact Logitech about your pedals and they will probably replace them for you. Make sure you ask for the new type of DFP pedals or else they will probably just send you the old type.
Thanks for that. Logi will not replace them as I do not have the receipt. Been there done that. Anyway, somewhere I saw the metal pots that directly replace the momo ones. They are nearly identical. Man I wish I had bookmarked that!!
#7 - Gunn
Quote from hammer it :Well I think this is it....

Site:
http://www.digikey.com/scripts ... h/dksus.dll?KeywordSearch

Part:
963282-KIT-ND

Can anyone confirm?

I see no picture, but the description says it is for the Momo Racing wheel. This means they would be the older style plastic potssuitable for the Momo Racing and most DFPs. DFPs don't use this type of pot or mounting system anymore.
Well, I will have to keep looking for the metal pots then.
#9 - Gunn
Quote from hammer it :Well, I will have to keep looking for the metal pots then.

You can buy them at any electronics store. But they won't fit your DFP unless it is a newer revision B set of pedals (in which case you probably wouldn't need new pots).
What Momo are you refering to? The Black Momo uses the plastic Pots with the ball on the end, as Gunn said. Metal pots with ball on the end, not seen or heard of those ones before.

Digi Key do do replacement pots for Black momo, and Red momo ( this uses metal pots )

I did have a link, but this is not working anymore. Give Digikey a ring, they do know what you are talking about when you mention Replacement Pots for Logitech Pedals ( they will say, you as well )

Best of Luck
#11 - Gunn
Quote from Fordman :What Momo are you refering to? The Black Momo uses the plastic Pots with the ball on the end, as Gunn said. Metal pots with ball on the end, not seen or heard of those ones before.

The newer DFP wheel and pedals being shipped are now equiped with a standard metal pot (same resistance- 10k). If you get Momo pedals replaced they are still shipping the old plastic ones, yes.
Quote from Gunn :The newer DFP wheel and pedals being shipped are now equiped with a standard metal pot (same resistance- 10k). If you get Momo pedals replaced they are still shipping the old plastic ones, yes.

Arr great, so good old Logi throw another spanner in the works, hopeing that everybody will move over to the new G25
My momo is the black racing version. Sorry, I should have said that in the first place. It has the pots that mount with the little arm with a ball on the end. Plastic pots. I have seen these same pots in metal somewhere... was a few months ago but I cant find it now. I recall it being stated that the metal ones were more durable. Dunno.
Maybe its time for a DFP
Im not interested in the new one coming out at all
Arr now the picture is clear. AFAIK and I looked into these, the only metal pots available for the black momo "didn't" have the ball at the end, hense why I have stuck with the Plastic ones, and with a little bit of TLC these pots keep going and going and going.

There is a thread here that shows how to clean them up, and using a simple bit of Blue Tack, stops the Pots from Spiking over time, as they cannot move.

Just a thought if you haven't tried this already

Regards

Fordie

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG