The online racing simulator
MRT Suspension
(15 posts, started )
MRT Suspension
Anyone noticed the MRT5 has no shocks at the front, and that the rear ones are floating (some other models have that too, but not this bad)?
Attached images
naamloos.JPG
#2 - Gunn
Yes everyone's noticed. But it's not really a bug. LFS is a work in progress.
Probably be fixed (or at least improved) in the patch, whilst the goings good.
the BF1 has the same problem
No the BF1 has an entirely different problem. The suspension is attached to the car, but the wheels aren't attached to the suspension. But all LFS cars are like that to some degree. It's a feature rather than a bug.

The MRT (and FOX/FO8) were fixed, not that anyone will have noticed having just driven the Sauber.
Quote from tristancliffe :
The MRT (and FOX/FO8) were fixed, not that anyone will have noticed having just driven the Sauber.

hey i noticed in the cmx viewer
#7 - Jakg
Quote from nath2004uk :No its just a crap game because if you damage your car and look at ur wheels their is no suspension and ur wheels aint attached

yet another old thread youve bumped with midless drivel
#8 - Lible
Quote from nath2004uk :No its just a crap game because if you damage your car and look at ur wheels their is no suspension and ur wheels aint attached

So, you think it's a crap game because it isn't finished yet?

what are you... emo?
Quote :has no shocks at the front

Doesn't the MRT have inboard front suspension?
Quote from ajp71 :Doesn't the MRT have inboard front suspension?

Yes, but you still need a pushrod that connects from the tip of the lower wishbone to the top of the spring. F1 suspension works the same way.

I suppose it's possible you could have an arm sticking into the car from the crossbar on the upper wishbone (where the wishbone pivots) that would then be connected to the top of the spring (with the bottom connected to the chassis) but I don't know how well that would work. You'd basically have the spring in a spot where you'd want to have the steering linkage.
Quote from Forbin :Yes, but you still need a pushrod that connects from the tip of the lower wishbone to the top of the spring. F1 suspension works the same way.

My MRT has them (maybe a patch fix?)

Also noticed the roll bar model has gaps in it (see screens). Both screens CMX viewer S.
Attached images
mrt1.jpg
mrt2.jpg
#13 - Gunn
Quote from ajp71 :
Also noticed the roll bar model has gaps in it (see screens). Both screens CMX viewer S.

This only happens in the viewer and is not a bug. I can't recall why it is this way, Scawen told me once. I think it has something to do with the modeller/meshes they use.
Quote from Gunn :This only happens in the viewer and is not a bug.

If my eyes don't decieve me... (S2 U14)
Attached images
mrt rollbar.jpg
#15 - Gunn
Quote from ajp71 :If my eyes don't decieve me... (S2 U14)

Must be a new bug because this was discussed over a year ago. We'll have to let the boss handle this one.

MRT Suspension
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG