The online racing simulator
so what happens to the WRC now?
(12 posts, started )
as the title says, what happens now that it's promoter has had their contract terminated by the FIA ?
Quote from tinvek :as the title says, what happens now that it's promoter has had their contract terminated by the FIA ?

I hope Eurosport steps in and dumps the FIA regulations for something awesome. Dump 4wd, let them have about 400hp and let them get bonkers.
Quote from ATHome :I hope Eurosport steps in and dumps the FIA regulations for something awesome. Dump 4wd, let them have about 400hp and let them get bonkers.

400hp only?

I say ditch the rules and let it become 700bhp/per tonne
gt rally type of thing might be interesting. Porsches, beemers, mercs etc. Essentially GT2 cars on gravel
Just like in the days Porsche raced the 959 as a rally car
Quote from ATHome :I hope Eurosport steps in and dumps the FIA regulations for something awesome. Dump 4wd, let them have about 400hp and let them get bonkers.

The promoter has no voice when it comes to regs afaik

I was thinking the next season would be great, with VWs entry (and BMW/Minis full entry), hence more interest from Germany. Some other manufactures showed interest too.

and Eurosport, at least they still show sport, not like Sport1, which broadcasts either lame TV quiz stuff OR tits.
Well IRC coverage in last year wasen't that great imo. Only Monte Carlo, Scotland and Cyprus rally was well covered, other coverages were really sloppy. North One Sport did quite well in last year with covering WRC season. No live stages though, exept powerstage, but still it had quality in it.

If Eurosport got those rights, then they will probably hire lot of staff from NOS...
less than one week to do all the preparations (timing, filming etc.) no task I would want on my shoulders
Quote from ACCAkut :less than one week to do all the preparations (timing, filming etc.) no task I would want on my shoulders

don't forget the bookings for the satelite transmission nothing was booked yet so a Monte Carlo coverage like last year is highly doubtful.
Some pictures from service park.
http://www.rallysport.hu/image ... monte/01_fri_sp/index.htm
As you can see then H.Solberg's and Wilson's car has it's main sponsor's logo covered. That's becose sponsor haven't paid money yet. If they won't pay that money, they can't start a rally...

Aslo no split times from this rally in wrc.com. Aslo not sure about wrc.com's live times, but ACM has it's own timing system.

E: Thankfully they will start rally, new sponsor is an energy drink called Go Fast

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG