The online racing simulator
Downloadable Suits skins from LFSWorld
I was thinking that would be nice if suits skins would be downloadable and usable exactly like an elmet and a car skin, uploadable on lfsw and then downloadable by other players when entering a server, always from lfsw.

Why it has not been implemented yet?

The file name could be something like SUI_name in the skin folder (like HEL_name)
#2 - joen
I agree it would be nice, but I don't think it's very important. You don't see much of the suits anyway. It would probably mean too much extra traffic for lfsworld.
#3 - ajp71
It would mean more traffic, I think they wouldn't really add much TBH. Maybe if there were more slots for suits using the current system we could have more variety.
+1

- if the helmet and suit were in the same jpg, - then the LFS dl traffic would
more or less be the same as it is now.
+1

I think that LFSW skins should actually be a "premium" thing, £1.50 a year over the top of the licence would be appropriate for this unique feature (AFAIK) in LFS.
#6 - ajp71
Quote from bo-kristiansen :
- if the helmet and suit were in the same jpg, - then the LFS dl traffic would
more or less be the same as it is now.

Downloaded helmets are currently 256 x 256. I don't think a suit would look decent with the current skins in anything less than 512 x 512 so a combined skin would likely be a 1024 x 1024 = a lot more traffic.

@ Duke - NO!!! if you start adding pay extras it will detract people from LFS because instead of LFS is the only race sim with auto downloads it becomes LFS is the only race sim with skin downloads if you pay a subscription. If you want to look at how popular the concept of subscription race sims are then look at Fir$t/iRacing.
WTF? at duke's post? illepall

Anyways. +1 for the suits.

i never see them anyway

as far as I'm concerned, stop downloadable helmets.
+1

One step far in the custom possibility!
+1
lol i would like to see someone take a screenshot in any car besides the MRT where you SEE the actual drivers suit from the point of view you use to race in
#13 - Vain
It would disturb me even more with "DOWNLOADING SUIT_OMGTHISROX ..." and that short pause when the texture is being compiled. So a definite -1

Vain

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG