The online racing simulator
Gear UP red light dont work after 1g+
(4 posts, started )
Is something i'be noticed recently, and happen with all the cars with "Gear UP red ligh" after 1g+ the light turns off

Is this normal?

You can test it with the mrt
Go into high speed in 5° gear ( in fact you can do it in any gear ) and pass the 9.500 rpm ( That when the light turns on ) and keep going further ( like 12.000rpm ) and turn exeding the 1g+ ( 1.45g to be precise ) keeping the 12.000 and you will see the light turns off when should be on

As i mentioned happens with all the seangle seaters and GTR cars ( Or any car with the "Gear UP red light"
I think that's because shift light in LFS lights up not at specified rpm, but at the best time to upshift. So when turning hard, it's more difficult for engine to propel the vehicle forward, so you need to shift up later to stay fast.
#3 - J@tko
Quote from KiRmelius :I think that's because shift light in LFS lights up not at specified rpm, but at the best time to upshift. So when turning hard, it's more difficult for engine to propel the vehicle forward, so you need to shift up later to stay fast.

Yep that's exactly right. The LFS redlight isn't a proper redlight - take the UFB as an example, the redline is at least ~500rpm lower
Quote from KiRmelius :I think that's because shift light in LFS lights up not at specified rpm, but at the best time to upshift. So when turning hard, it's more difficult for engine to propel the vehicle forward, so you need to shift up later to stay fast.

They changed that.

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG