The online racing simulator
Color Themed Builds
(10 posts, started )
Color Themed Builds
Specs are fine, just keep in mind that AMD is launching their new Radeons in a week or so, so either grab a new one or wait for the prices of these older ones to fall before buying. Also, AMD FX processors suck right now ($120 for an FX processor? Really?), so if you want performance then I would suggest getting an Intel system if money is no object.
Don't get the part of the colours. All you do is use a case that has some colours.

I'd rather buy a normal good looking case and paint it myself.

Anyway, maybe a i7 2500 is a better option instead of an AMD CPU.

Also keep it mind you will need a coloured CPU heatsink and matching fans. I've been looking around for perfect colour schemes for ages now, so hit me up if you need help with a specific colour scheme.
Quote from Bose321 :Don't get the part of the colours. All you do is use a case that has some colours.

I'd rather buy a normal good looking case and paint it myself.

I want the internals to be color-matching to an extent. It's asking a bit much for a new build that i want just to have a computer again, but if the money is there, minds well.

Quote from Bose321 :Also keep it mind you will need a coloured CPU heatsink and matching fans. I've been looking around for perfect colour schemes for ages now, so hit me up if you need help with a specific colour scheme.

Colored CPU heatsink will be too much for my taste. RAM/GPU/Case would suffice. PSU could stay black to remain neutral. I do however like the Pink Phantom case as well. Sometime in the future i'll start a pink build maybe

Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Specs are fine, just keep in mind that AMD is launching their new Radeons in a week or so, so either grab a new one or wait for the prices of these older ones to fall before buying.

Whoa, didn't even know that. Thanks for heads-up

Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Also, AMD FX processors suck right now ($120 for an FX processor? Really?), so if you want performance then I would suggest getting an Intel system if money is no object.

I am still iffy on FX which is why i want AM3+. Just in case i want to revert and go Phenom.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Whoa, didn't even know that. Thanks for heads-up

You're welcome. The reviews are looking really good right now, it seems that the Radeon 7970 will be a very good video card. Of course it will be priced at around $400-$500 when it finally becomes available in stores.
I'd rather get a badass-looking red HAF 932.
Don't get a faildozer.
FX-4100 is actually dualcore CPU for most of tasks (gaming, rendering, etc) cause it has only two FPU cores.
Integer cores don't matter for 90% of CPU-intensive apps.

Even a i3-2100 would be much faster than that Faildozer.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Don't get a faildozer.
FX-4100 is actually dualcore CPU for most of tasks (gaming, rendering, etc) cause it has only two FPU cores.
Integer cores don't matter for 90% of CPU-intensive apps.

Even a i3-2100 would be much faster than that Faildozer.

That is just not true. You never ever have a strictly FPU load, plus programmers and compilers try to utilize the FPU as less as possible. Out-of-order execution and some smart FPU scheduling can smooth things out a lot. In the benchmarks I saw the FX-4100 was pretty much on par with i3-2120.
Quote from MadCatX :In the benchmarks I saw the FX-4100 was pretty much on par with i3-2120.

Yeah. A "quad-core" CPU on par with LOWER-clocked dual core CPU.
Kinda implies that those four integer cores don't do much.

Color Themed Builds
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG