The online racing simulator
LFS fps Lag
(10 posts, started )
LFS fps Lag
So i have some FPS lags on lfs, normally its something 50-60, but when i see few cars front of me it drops to 25-35. And one time my firend visited at my house and he has S2, i wanted to try if my computer can run open tracks, and then it drops from 50 (original track) to 5-15 (open track), what is my problem, i think my computer meets system requirements.

System specs:

AMD Athlon(tm) Processor LE-1620 2.4 GHz
2.0 GB RAM
ATI Radeon X1250 830.6 MB
Free disc space: 102.0 GB

Maybe too low ram? Thanks.
Quote from osteriossi :So i have some FPS lags on lfs, normally its something 50-60, but when i see few cars front of me it drops to 25-35. And one time my firend visited at my house and he has S2, i wanted to try if my computer can run open tracks, and then it drops from 50 (original track) to 5-15 (open track), what is my problem, i think my computer meets system requirements.

System specs:

AMD Athlon(tm) Processor LE-1620 2.4 GHz
2.0 GB RAM
ATI Radeon X1250 830.6 MB
Free disc space: 102.0 GB

Maybe too low ram? Thanks.

Maybe the whole system is a outdated? lfs doesn't need a very fast system, but your system-specs are really from the history books
option one: Buy new system
Alternative:
stop all unnecessary services, background programs, turn details to lowest setting possible, reduce screen resolution etc.
-
(osteriossi) DELETED by osteriossi
#3 - Sobis
Quote from Bluebird B B :Maybe the whole system is a outdated? lfs doesn't need a very fast system, but your system-specs are really from the history books

pff... my specs: AMD Athlon (tm) 3000+ 1,8 GHz, 2GB RAM, 1 GB(but my Win 7 shows only 512 MB ) VRAM (nVidia GT 240).

At cruise server (For example: AS4x) I get 40-80 fps and when cars (7+) on screen I get 20-50 fps.

Maybe try updating your drivers?
-
Quote from Sobis :pff... my specs: AMD Athlon (tm) 3000+ 1,8 GHz, 2GB RAM, 1 GB(but my Win 7 shows only 512 MB ) VRAM (nVidia GT 240).

At cruise server (For example: AS4x) I get 40-80 fps and when cars (7+) on screen I get 20-50 fps.

Maybe try updating your drivers?

Very consistent with performance of the system of the topic starter Same generation hardware same performance?

fps with lfs on my system: 100, many cars: 100fps, always 100 boring:auto:
Quote from Bluebird B B :fps with lfs on my system: 100, many cars: 100fps, always 100 boring:auto:

I have also, but you pay attention to the open configuration, the fps drops. Me have 95fps, when I was one.

this normal
-
#6 - kdo
change processor

my specs:
intel P dual cpu @1.60ghz
Geforce 6600 126mb
2gb of ram

i have easy 60fps
Quote from kdo :change processor

my specs:
intel P dual cpu @1.60ghz
Geforce 6600 126mb
2gb of ram

i have easy 60fps

hmm, I don't think so. Update driver video card.

AMD Athlon(tm)x2 3.0 GHz
2.0 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 250 GTS 1GB
Hard disk: 1 TB

100fps
-
- Reduce user LOD
- Reduce mirror LOD
- Increase dynamic LOD (under Misc settings)
- Reduce muliplayer car drawing distance (also Misc)
- Turn drawing of trees and flags completely off
- Draw rubber only in main
- Reduce or turn off anti aliasing (if you have any on)
- Use simple car shadows, or even turn them off if you can manage without them

You can also experiment with the other settings. To see what helps your FPS and what doesn't, you can pause the game while beeing at the back of a full single player grid: Turn off Vertical Sync, and have no limit on FPS. You must also turn on the FPS indicator if it isn't already on. Start a new single player race with 19 AI racers, and yourself at the very back of the grid so your computer has to draw all those 19 AI cars. Before the lights turn green, press P to pause the game, and shift+O for options. You can now experiment with different setting and see how they affect your FPS.
-
-
Maybe that might be because your graphics card is of an older GPU generation. No idea really.
-

LFS fps Lag
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG