The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Start the car and keep the engine within the redline for the first 10 minutes. This will clear out any crap that has grown inside!
Quote from doyal :Start the car and keep the engine within the redline for the first 10 minutes. This will clear out any crap that has grown inside!

Including the pistons, valves, and whatever actually moves in an engine.
Jokes aside, are you sure that redlining an engine that didn't run for years when extra-cold is a good idea? Why not try to clean the engine making it run on water instead of petrol? Damage on one hand, damage on the other...
well first off you should tow it to your house,change the oil maybe coolant too,take the fuel pump fuse out,crank the engine so oil pressure builds up. than put fuse back.than run it on idle till heats up.and if theres a noise than u rev it @ 5K for 10-15 min.
The only thing I would be worried about is the fuel. If it has been sitting for that long then it is probably not very good and the injectors may be gummy for a while. Might not even run with what's in it, I have had some 5 year old fuel that was great at putting out fires.

Injectors will probably make noise and I would highly recommend changing the oil before trying to start it. You don't want to suck up all the crap that has settled to the bottom of the pan over the years. Oh yeah and make sure nothing has made a nest in the intake
Quote from e2mustang :well first off you should tow it to your house,change the oil maybe coolant too,take the fuel pump fuse out,crank the engine so oil pressure builds up. than put fuse back.than run it on idle till heats up.and if theres a noise than u rev it @ 5K for 10-15 min.

This!

Wtf, never start a car right away when it didn't ran for a very long time.
First it need fluids changes: oil & coolant.
But even with new oil, never start the engine at this stage (!!)
Lift the car front (since it's fwd) & put in 1st gear & turn a driven wheel reverse, the oil pump will send minimum oil amount where it's needed.
Have to change spark plugs, filters (fuel/oil).
The car has been towed to home about a week ago, with locked braked (on a rainy day)...it was awesome..

@Doyal: Thx for idea, but I prefer to keep the car running well...

Btw is it bad to try a steam cleaning?

Anyway, thx for trying to help.

ps:& I'll empty fuel tank
Quote from e2mustang :well first off you should tow it to your house,change the oil maybe coolant too,take the fuel pump fuse out,crank the engine so oil pressure builds up. than put fuse back.than run it on idle till heats up.and if theres a noise than u rev it @ 5K for 10-15 min.

Having an engine revving at 5000rpm with no load on it is just asking for a shot rod. Neither should an engine idle. It have the fluids and filters changed (all of them, oil+filter, air filter, new fuel plus fuel filter, coolant) and after the oil is changed then do as e2 mustang says, stop it from starting and crank the engine for a few seconds. Then put fuse/plugs back in and then allow to idle for about a minute, this builds oil pressure and lubricates surfaces internally.

Then you want to take it for a drive. Keep revs and engine loading low (so between 1500 and 2500 rpm, avoid chugging up hills in a high gear, don't accelerate hard, etc) and allow the engine to warm up to temperature.

Idling a cold engine is worse than driving it in a way in which a cold engine should be driven.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Having an engine revving at 5000rpm with no load on it is just asking for a shot rod.

lol. you know whats the Bmw E90/1 bulletin for valve tap? rev the engine at 5-6 k for 15 minutes.
Went for a drive in mates 180sx today, we just wired up the MSD ignition 2-step launch control and took it for a test

due to such a large turbo, it used to always bog down off the line and people would always get the jump on us

2 step has completely transformed this car. First launch we did went something along the lines of this.

1st, Massive wheelspin
Grab 2nd, back end steps out, creep up street sideways
Grab 3rd, back end straightens up a bit, then slightly slides back out the other way
Grab 4th, back end straightens out, still wheelspin, then backed off

did a couple more launches and each launch got a bit better, really needs stickier tyres though...and this was still set up hard. With the dampers set soft, wider and stickier rubber this thing would launch like a bat out of hell.
Quote :rev it @ 5K for 10-15 min.

Engine won't last that long...believe me, I drive almost the same model for 10 years (car is 17 yrs old), valves would jump through the hood...

Quote :you know whats the Bmw E90/1 bulletin for valve tap?...

...You're certainly right, but I do not own a BMW, thx anyway .

Quote from S14 DRIFT :...

Thx for infos, I already been told about this.

Btw, is it true that putting some 2-stroke oil through the engine's top cover would help to lub' rods/valves faster?

@skstibi: intake's tubes need replacement (well known problem) & air filter has took it toll since while. No nest(s) anyway .

@e2mustang: not that I hate BM's, I'm more a (aircooled) rear-engine enthusiast anyway .
Quote from 1303s_vortech :Engine won't last that long...believe me, I drive almost the same model for 10 years (car is 17 yrs old), valves would jump through the hood...

...You're certainly right, but I do not own a BMW, thx anyway .

Btw, is it true that putting some 2-stroke oil through the engine's top cover would help to lub' rods/valves faster?

@skstibi: intake's tubes need replacement (well known problem) & air filter has took it toll since while. No nest(s) anyway .

see? u need a bmw than for 2 reasons :P mine is 20 years old and its at 7 k daily
Quote from 1303s_vortech :

no idea. just crank it without spark plus out or something job done. don't worry about it half of the time the more you do, the more you make it worse.

Quote from e2mustang :lol. you know whats the Bmw E90/1 bulletin for valve tap? rev the engine at 5-6 k for 15 minutes.

fro really?
To be fair it is a car made by a bunch of surrender monkeys not a country capable of mass genocide, i don't think the engineering is quite comparable.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :To be fair it is a car made by a bunch of surrender monkeys not a country capable of mass genocide, i don't think the engineering is quite comparable.

Too true

me so classy. pic
cba to resize it, so just linked it instead. It's a decepticon sticker..
Recently I am so ANGRY ,because in my country most stupid and full of hay in its brain which do We ,Polish People have to call it "former minister of transport" before couple of days of function in government resignation it did worst act in Our law. Notably if You want to have the driving license ,in exam will be 3000 questions in the pot ,and for every question You have about 15 seconds ,then You can't come back to that. But it's not bad than this - for 2 years of passing You will able to drive only 100 kph (62 mph) in motorways/highways. Normally You can 140 kph (86 mph) ,increasing radars' tolerance 150 -170 kph (93 - 105 mph). And if You will have over tickets ,then next 2 years of that limits. Oh i forgot ,4-8 months after having a license You must pass further training exams - which means next money spend. All exams will take about 2000 PLN - it's 500 euro. But comparing Polish money earning 2000 PLN is like for Western Europe conditions 2000 euro! The saliva flies from the mouth ,aaaarrrrggghhhh.
slow car is slow lol

Put my winters on today

Before...

After...

(inb4 haters gonna hate)
Quote from Kamikaze94PL :All exams will take about 2000 PLN - it's 500 euro. But comparing Polish money earning 2000 PLN is like for Western Europe conditions 2000 euro! The saliva flies from the mouth ,aaaarrrrggghhhh.

well but it costs more as well
my car license did cost me 1500€.
and i didnt retake a test or such...
Quote from ajp71 :I've seen someone loose consciousness of a tin top race car within 20 minutes of trying to put up with a leaking exhaust. Even on a race track he was damn lucky to end up coasting to a stop without hitting anything surrounded by the best help possible.

Admittedly a race car will be putting out far more emissions and generally has less sealing between the underbody and cockpit, but they also don't normally have shut windows and a nice cosy engine bay fed heater for hours on end down the motorway...

With open windows you'll find that any emissions coming from a leaking exhaust system the engine would rather enter the cabin than not, because of the vacuum effect created by high pressure air sucking the low pressure air from the cabin out.
Careful Jake, getting into a debate about anything vaugley car/math/science related with Alex can end in hours of eating ice-cream not really caring either way.

Quote from Jakg :Put my winters on today

Before...

After...

(inb4 haters gonna hate)

surprised you only took the 2 photos. surely it takes 13 to get a true representation of your wheels.
ps my winters are better than yours they are tangoed! to be fair yours look ok, they look like what, 15s? surprised they fitted over the brakes.
Playing around with my GoPro camera still, duct taped it onto my roof inside the car haha. Was gonna post this in the "show us your drive to work" thread or whateva it was... but couldn't be bothered digging it up. Sorry the angle is a little bit shitty

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmB7F5KfoBg
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Careful Jake, getting into a debate about anything vaugley car/math/science related with Alex can end in hours of eating ice-cream not really caring either way.

surprised you only took the 2 photos. surely it takes 13 to get a true representation of your wheels.
ps my winters are better than yours they are tangoed! to be fair yours look ok, they look like what, 15s? surprised they fitted over the brakes.

You don't need a boost gauge in a Golf anyways.
Quote from Seb66 :Playing around with my GoPro camera still, duct taped it onto my roof inside the car haha. Was gonna post this in the "show us your drive to work" thread or whateva it was... but couldn't be bothered digging it up. Sorry the angle is a little bit shitty

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmB7F5KfoBg

All we know is that he has the stigs head rolling on the floor in his car.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG