Poll : Should you be able to puncture your car tires in lfs?

Yes
No
Should you be able to puncture your car tires in lfs?
What kind of ****ing mucking hell question is this?
You are already able to do so - try just a burnout,until tyre reaches 200 degrees,it blows. Or set maximum strenght of brakes (to do it quicker),take a track with long straights,get a lot of speed,brake with locked wheels,after some proper wheel locks - here you go,a puncture! Or just wear them off,so they get very thin,then you got one of them suddenly to pop.

But if you meant some random puncture as a result of some random tyre failure - NO!
Ya as Rony said, we can easily blow out tire. If you are talking about some tire failure due to faulty material or some shrapnels found on the track, please No. Let us assume that tire manufacturers have given us flawless tires and the track has been cleaned perfectly . Otherwise people may also request features like a bird gets stuck into the air intake and causes engine damage :P lol

Because, although some real life problems like random mechanical damage or unpredictable weather is not available in this sim, I think it is compensated by other virtual world problems like timeout and lag hit, and say the ability to smell stuff like tire burning or clutch overheating
Ruining people's race due to something they have no control over would not be fun.
#6 - Bean0
Quote from Crashgate3 :Ruining people's race due to something they have no control over would not be fun.

Disconnects are our version of random hydraulic failures etc.
If (username=="eddy678")
{
enableRandomTyrePuncture=True;
}

:P
I would like to see tyre punctures due to hitting curbs... for some reason happens quite often to me
Some random punctures NO.
Any puncture should be the direct results of tyre damage or wear. Would be nice if curbs can damage and puncture tyres.
Quote from Skagen :Any puncture should be the direct results of tyre damage or wear. Would be nice if curbs can damage and puncture tyres.

With some of the current curbs? Are you serious about that?
Quote from Kristi :With some of the current curbs? Are you serious about that?

I agree with Skagen and with DANIEL-CRO. Kristi, but as the same rally? There big shock forces affect the deformation of the tyre.
Quote from Kristi :With some of the current curbs? Are you serious about that?

Absolutely. I don't think you relize just how big the forces are when cutting curbs and bumps like most racers do in certain corners. I.e the KY3 oval exit chicane, or the last chicane at AS4. People cut these corners and run over curbs that makes the car jump voilently about, but there is very little to no suspension damage, and no tyre damage. Turning on the forces view while flying over the KY3 oval exit chicane, and you can see that the force vector almost reaces into deep space.

If you tried jumping the curbs like this in real life, your suspension would be in more pieces than a shark got teeth.
I'd love to see more significant tyre damage added, because with the crazy pressures that some setups have and the strange lines some folks take round corners, it'd completely change the way people have to drive.

For the most part that means we'd need the damage model of the cars to be sorted out first (debris on the track and random bodyparts touching the rubber), but punctures off kerbs would be pretty good to have as well.
LFS is racing simulator ? or arcade
-
(Si Mclaren) DELETED by Si Mclaren
As a matter of fact, this is what we really need:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvjTZu3JrHw

Now, seriously:

I agree that high tire force should cause damage.

Besides, as Skagen has mentioned, aggressive cutting / bump riding should cause serious suspension damage, much more than what we see now. This is probably more important than the tire issue.
Video funny. I agree with you on account of the suspension, too. This should be done in conjunction with the physics of rubber. +1

It will be the reality that we might receive, may cast off and leave as it is.

google((
V8 Supercar hits a curb and destroys front left suspension: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PSn4yU5Z1k

Blackwood chicane, anyone?

@Si Mclaren
It's funny to see him trying to correct when the car starts turning left just before hitting the wall.
Well at that moment, your primaeval instincts take over and he may have done that as a reflex action, ignoring/forgetting about his severed tires. I have sometimes titled my head or leaned to the opposite side while playing LFS and about hit a wall. My cerebral cortex knows that it is a game, and my lean/tilt is inconsequential, but my more primeval parts of the brain do not
Quote from Keling :As a matter of fact, this is what we really need:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvjTZu3JrHw

Now, seriously:

I agree that high tire force should cause damage.

Besides, as Skagen has mentioned, aggressive cutting / bump riding should cause serious suspension damage, much more than what we see now. This is probably more important than the tire issue.

I agree with this also.
+1 on curb tire damage, done lots of crazy jumps over them and barely even got suspension damage.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG